• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2020/21

Crowds of 4,000 can return to sporting venues in low-risk areas for the first time since March when lockdown eases next week, the Prime Minister is expected to announce.

The most dramatic reversal of spectator restrictions since the pandemic began gives football, rugby and horse-racing a chance of getting fans back from Dec 3, in low-risk areas. Under the new system, major outdoor stadiums in tier-one areas can welcome a maximum of 4,000 spectators, with bigger indoor venues allowed 1,000.

That same indoor limit applies in tier-two areas, but outdoor venues will be restricted to 2,000. In all cases smaller venues will be limited to 50 per cent capacity should the limit exceed half of seats available. Football and rugby crowds remain effectively banned in tier-three areas, however, as the Government introduces a new "drive in only" rule, which may only benefit some racecourses and motor-racing circuits.

In theory, the first matches to potentially have fans back could be Manchester United's Champions League clash with PSG on Dec 2 or, more likely, Arsenal's Europa League tie against Rapid Vienna at the Emirates the following evening. Manchester remains above the national average at 342 cases per 100,000 people, but, in Islington, there were 153 in the week ending Nov 16 - compared to a national average in England of 210.

The return of crowds is expected to be announced as Boris Johnson also outlines his plans for the return of outdoor grass-roots sport. A much-needed return for children's sport also plays a key part in plans after Telegraph Sport raised awareness of the plight facing youngsters during its 'Keep Kids Active in Lockdown' campaign.

However, for the revenue-starved sporting sector, the announcement that millions of fans can begin looking forward to returning is the biggest breakthrough of all.
Social-distancing rules will still apply at venues and attendees will have to stick to whatever bubble arrangements apply to their tier.

It will not be clear until the end of the week which parts of the country will be clear of the new tier-three restrictions. In football's top four divisions last week, only League One's Ipswich and League Two's Colchester had infection-rate areas below the 100 per 100,000 mark.

So, simple question...

Let's say Spurs allow fans in. But i live in a Tier 3 zone and am on restrictions, how exactly will I be stopped from visiting?

Not saying i don't want fans back, of course, but just, what's the process here?

So, simple question...

Let's say Spurs allow fans in. But i live in a Tier 3 zone and am on restrictions, how exactly will I be stopped from visiting?

Not saying i don't want fans back, of course, but just, what's the process here?
I guess your home address is registered to the ST and you might have to make a further declaration when applying for the ballot. Maybe another risk here is fans congregating around the ground and surrounding boozers for some match day atmos? Tickets are going to be more exclusive than the CL final!

I wonder if they will roll it each ballot so once you’ve had it once you can’t get it again until eventually every ST gets a chance or if there will be any weighting towards loyalty points and if a certain % will be for corporates only.

I guess your home address is registered to the ST and you might have to make a further declaration when applying for the ballot. Maybe another risk here is fans congregating around the ground and surrounding boozers for some match day atmos? Tickets are going to be more exclusive than the CL final!

I wonder if they will roll it each ballot so once you’ve had it once you can’t get it again until eventually every ST gets a chance or if there will be any weighting towards loyalty points and if a certain % will be for corporates only.
It's a start but

4000 in the NWHL will barely look like anyone there.

So, simple question...

As per previously it seems there will just be guidance on travelling into an area in a different tier.

Oh btw just found out i'm 37,300 on the ST waitlist.

The kids were signed up today, 130,000+... :eek:

If you take the higher tier membership then you're automatically put on the waiting list I believe so it's not as high as it seems, I bet 100K of those would never take up a season ticket.

Back