• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2018/19

“The club adopted a positive approach following notification of the Premier League’s rule change and commissioned detailed crowd flow modelling of supporter movements on a match day, to determine if a safe relocation option could be accommodated. This considered all stands and sections within the stadium.

“However, analysis showed that each proposed option for relocation significantly increased the risk of confrontation, conflict and potential disorder between home and away supporters entering and, in particular, exiting the stadium.

“Following a number of meetings of the stadium Safety Advisory Group, the Local Authority formally agreed not to support any move of away supporters from their current location, concluding that such a relocation would introduce a significant risk to spectator safety.

“The club is satisfied that it has taken all reasonable steps to comply with the ruling and welcomes the granting of an exemption by the Premier League.”

That is up there with Arsenal's brand new stadium not being able to properly segregate away fans in cup games with bigger allocations.

Away fans at Old Trafford have a disabled section in front of them. I suppose there's a tiny chance some of them are reserved for away fans.

Did have me wondering lastnight, I'd read reports that the stadium would allow you to completely walk around the concourse to access all bars / food stalls etc.
How does that work in terms of the away supporters area? Common sense would tell me that those blocks in North Lower corner are still blocked off for home fans to access, but that could then mean a situation where you would have to walk almost the entire circuit to reach a desired bar on the other side of away fans blocks.

About 10am I guess.

Mate, with all due respect I think you might be pushing your luck a little there. As I understand it, people tend to start logging in at least an hour before (say 9am), to ensure they're near the front of the queue come 10am. I posted about it before.

Now it may not be an exact science like that in fairness to you, and there are def cases of people who've logged in nearer 10am and been able to get tickets whilst others are still stuck in the queue from earlier. But in general, I think you need to get that wheel of doom on your screen as early as poss.

Think there's a sweet spot (or time) to do it. If you log in too early the site will potentially boot you out for inactivity. I find around 9am gives you a chance.

Though I've not been able to get into the site until 11am before for Arsenal tickets, and still found some availability.

Did have me wondering lastnight, I'd read reports that the stadium would allow you to completely walk around the concourse to access all bars / food stalls etc.
How does that work in terms of the away supporters area? Common sense would tell me that those blocks in North Lower corner are still blocked off for home fans to access, but that could then mean a situation where you would have to walk almost the entire circuit to reach a desired bar on the other side of away fans blocks.

I guess you'll just have go to a higher floor up and cross over.

Mate, with all due respect I think you might be pushing your luck a little there. As I understand it, people tend to start logging in at least an hour before (say 9am), to ensure they're near the front of the queue come 10am. I posted about it before.

Now it may not be an exact science like that in fairness to you, and there are def cases of people who've logged in nearer 10am and been able to get tickets whilst others are still stuck in the queue from earlier. But in general, I think you need to get that wheel of doom on your screen as early as poss.

Think there's a sweet spot (or time) to do it. If you log in too early the site will potentially boot you out for inactivity. I find around 9am gives you a chance.

Though I've not been able to get into the site until 11am before for Arsenal tickets, and still found some availability.
Ah, cheers for the info.

For past decade or so I’ve tended to wait until the morning of match to purchase a ticket for likes of NLD, as there’s invariably a few dozen returns in prime locations; from what I assume are those unwanted by friends & family of playing staff.

Dunno if that’ll still be the case at new WHL though.

Ha ha ha what a fudging farce that was ,logged on both days before nine,got through around 10.20 ,fudge all yesterday,today....4 were available but taken...what is the point of being a + plus member nowadays,i was far luckier in the old days,got tickets for NLD ...chelski....liverpool,7000 tickets available out of 62k,fudge sake ....as Old Nan would say 'what a fudging liberty'..

A pointy email to the members dept to say whats what.

Oh yeah wait for patronising replies off season tickets holders ......and go.....

Yet the advice on the wheel of fortune page is to not refresh. Going straight to the eticketing page you linked to (thanks!) I logged in at 9.30, got the wheel started straight away but it's still showing 95% complete 40 mins after others above are reporting it's sold out.

Ha ha ha what a fudging farce that was ,logged on both days before nine,got through around 10.20 ,fudge all yesterday,today....4 were available but taken...what is the point of being a + plus member nowadays,i was far luckier in the old days,got tickets for NLD ...chelski....liverpool,7000 tickets available out of 62k,fudge sake ....as Old Nan would say 'what a fudging liberty'..

Oh yeah wait for patronising replies off season tickets holders ......and go.....

Can only feel for you mate. I too logged in yesterday about 9am, but lucky enough to get into site around 10.04 and bag a couple.
Today looked like a joke for people trying.

The club have got to take a look at increasing the numbers they're keeping back for members. These are the seats that will sell every time due to sheer number of us that will want one. Once the furore and novelty of new stadium drops, we'll see empty seats cropping up from corporates and also STHs that can't attend at last minute (not all of them will bother to sell on).
We'll quickly become a laughing stock if the empty seats start to appear, when members would've snapped them up.

Not a season ticket holder. Have always got my tickets via the various versions of Ticket Exchange - or StubHub when that was being used - partly because can't go to that many games, need to sit near an aisle (get claustrophobic - which sounds crazy/weird I know) and also because i like to sit in different parts of the ground. Have never really had any problems getting tickets.

Now though - despite bigger capacity, ironically - I think it is going to be much tougher. This is down to the move ton Wembley. A lot of fans who would not have previously bothered are going to games and have got used to going to games, so i reckon demand for tickets generally has increased exponentially . Maybe it will settle down when those fans that have been going to Wembley realise it is going to be much harder to get tickets. But maybe not.

Also many season ticket holders will have used StubHub to make a bit extra on a game. Now though maybe they are just as likely to assign them to a mate for a game that they can't make. It's tricky.

Back