• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2015/16

We play everyone twice its as simple as that, but it will not stop the conspiracy shouters.

Exactly. We have easy runs at certain points and we have tougher stretches of games. Chelsea have to go to United away just two days after Boxing Day, where's the conspiracy for that fixture?

The following games will be moved due to Europa League:

Current date Sat 19/9 Crystal Palace (home)
Current date Sat 3/10 Swansea (away)
Current date Sat 24/10 Bournemouth (away)
Current date 7/11 Arsenal (away)
Current date 28/11 Chelsea (home)
Current date 12/12 Saudi Sportswashing Machine (home)

assume these will all now be Sunday games, possibly a Monday night.

Man U Champ League qualifier not until mid August so that wont have a direct effect on our opening day fixture but suspect it will be Sky's first pick as they're labelling it as the biggest game of Opening Day- would therefore expect it to be Sunday 4pm.

Man U Champ League qualifier not until mid August so that wont have a direct effect on our opening day fixture but suspect it will be Sky's first pick as they're labelling it as the biggest game of Opening Day- would therefore expect it to be Sunday 4pm.

I thought BT have first pick of the games?

Link to import Spurs PL fixtures into google calendar.
Go to https://www.google.com/calendar
If you are not already, log in with your Google account.
On the left of the page, pull down the option 'Other Calendars'
Select 'Add by URL'
Enter the URL (beginning http://) In the box entitled 'Add by URL'
Do not tick "Make this calendar publically accessible"

webcal://www1.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/teams/tottenham-hotspur?live=false

The brilliant minds at Sky and BT will of course not pick any of these for Sunday matches (except Arsenal and Chelsea, but they might attempt to make them early or late Saturday games first). Expect another third of our pre-xmas games to be played on Sunday or Monday as well.

I'm astounded some of you can be so naive as to how much the fixtures DO affect your season. Saying "we have to play everyone twice so what does is matter" is, for me, ignoring some very obvious factors.

There are teams that on paper we should be beating away from home, every season. However, there have been seasons recently where we end up playing that team when they're on a strong run of form and suddenly you go into the game thinking "well if we get a point we've done alright there". Crystal Palace are a prime example. If on a poor run we should take them apart, but off the back of say 4 or 5 wins suddenly Selhurst Park becomes a tough place to take 3 points and perhaps taking a draw seems positive.

WBA, Everton, Stoke, Swansea are all other examples that come to mind. Much tougher to expect a win when they're coming off a strong run due to an attractive month of fixtures.

I'm astounded some of you can be so naive as to how much the fixtures DO affect your season. Saying "we have to play everyone twice so what does is matter" is, for me, ignoring some very obvious factors.
Agreed. Just as I said previously in this thread, a "run of tough games" or "a run of easy games" can have a significant effect on the psychology of any squad (for better and for worse) that then impacts the games that come afterwards. But that's a whole different discussion to the "there a conspiracy against us!" thing, which - frankly - is a load of cobblers. The order of a team's fixtures can have an effect on how the season goes (not necessarily a massive effect, but an effect nonetheless). As it happens, I think we've been dealt a slight advantage this season. But we need to capitalise on our relatively easy winter fixtures and make sure we build up a head of steam before we hit April (we have a tough run-in at the end of the season compared to some others - Liverpool and Man United specifically).

There are teams that on paper we should be beating away from home, every season. However, there have been seasons recently where we end up playing that team when they're on a strong run of form and suddenly you go into the game thinking "well if we get a point we've done alright there". Crystal Palace are a prime example. If on a poor run we should take them apart, but off the back of say 4 or 5 wins suddenly Selhurst Park becomes a tough place to take 3 points and perhaps taking a draw seems positive.

WBA, Everton, Stoke, Swansea are all other examples that come to mind. Much tougher to expect a win when they're coming off a strong run due to an attractive month of fixtures.

That makes no sense at all, how the hell can you tell when ( any team) can go on "a strong run"?. It can happen at anytime during the season and bitching about the fixture list and the order we play in will not make difference. o_O

I think it's safe to say that barring the top 4 teams, someone like Palace (to use my example above) are less likely to go on a "strong run" if their fixtures demand they play 3 or 4 of the top 6 in a given month! Surely that makes sense?

Furthermore, if we've just had a tough month of fixtures and are on a poor run of form, suddenly a team like WBA might sniff that we're there for the taking. As opposed to playing us when we're on a run of wins having played lesser teams. You don't just play the eleven men, you play their confidence and mindset. If a team are fragile you exploit that. I'm suggesting that a tough run of fixtures (which usually equates to lots of dropped points) can contribute to that.

I bet we'd have had a much tougher time at West Ham away last season if we'd have played them say 8 or 9 games in, when they were on a good run. We fortunately came up against them on the opening day before their good run of form kicked in.

I think that it is really unfair that we have to play four teams that finished above us last season but Arsenal only have to play two. It's a fix, I tell ye.

Of course it is, and we should scream and scream about how unfair it is. Its not fair, its not fair, its not fair, its a conspiracy against us as sure as brick.

Of course it is, and we should scream and scream about how unfair it is. Its not fair, its not fair, its not fair, its a conspiracy against us as sure as crud.
You seem to be building a wee bit of a straw man here. Having gone back over this thread; with one possible exception, the tiny number of people who suggested it's "a fix" all seemed to be doing so with tongue firmly in cheek (and I suspect even that one ambiguous comment has a hefty dollop of irony mixed in).

So the fact is, nobody at all is claiming there's a conspiracy against us. I know such people do exist, as a certain silly viral video recently demonstrated, but they're not on this board (or at least, not in this thread). Nobody wants to "scream and scream" about the supposed injustice of the fixture list. There's a few of us discussing how much of an effect the order of fixtures can have on a season... a valid discussion in my view... but there's no suggestion that anyone is deliberately trying to impact our season (or anyone else's) by fixing the schedule.

No doubt the conspiracy nuts will come out of the woodwork and start to make silly claims now... just to prove me wrong, but I think you're reacting to something that's not there.

The point is that we simply do not know at this stage of the season to a certain extent where and when the tough games will come from. Of course, we all know games against Emirates Marketing Project, United, Scum and Chelsea will be tough games no matter when we play them, but we may play Bournemouth when they are in the midst of a downward spiral for example. There is bound to be a surprise team, last season it was Soton. No point worrying about the fixtures, just take it game by game.

And one final point and the most important part of all, this is Tottenham Hotspur we are talking about. We lost to some absolutely pony teams last season; Stoke TWICE, WBA, Villa (and were lucky to beat them the first time) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Every top 6 team loses at least one or two games a season that they really should win, but we lose about 5 per season and no doubt will again next season, my money is on Stoke again just to pick one. Who is to say we will even beat Bournemouth or Norwich at home?

Agree fully with Parklane. Someone even said that Arsenal always seem to play at home at the beginning and end of the season which is another myth.

Agree fully with Parklane. Someone even said that Arsenal always seem to play at home at the beginning and end of the season which is another myth.
That's the ONE post (which I mentioned) and even that starts with "I suppose I'm being paranoid..."

Nobody here is taking this "conspiracy" stuff seriously. Nobody at all. That's all I'm saying.

The point is that we simply do not know at this stage of the season to a certain extent where and when the tough games will come from. Of course, we all know games against Emirates Marketing Project, United, Scum and Chelsea will be tough games no matter when we play them, but we may play Bournemouth when they are in the midst of a downward spiral for example. There is bound to be a surprise team, last season it was Soton. No point worrying about the fixtures, just take it game by game.

And one final point and the most important part of all, this is Tottenham Hotspur we are talking about. We lost to some absolutely pony teams last season; Stoke TWICE, WBA, Villa (and were lucky to beat them the first time) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Every top 6 team loses at least one or two games a season that they really should win, but we lose about 5 per season and no doubt will again next season, my money is on Stoke again just to pick one. Who is to say we will even beat Bournemouth or Norwich at home?

You have it spot on, its the same every season no mater how the fixtures come out some will moan and suggest its all fixed. The fact is we play each team twice and it really does not matter when as no one knows what type of form any team will be in at any given point, however that will not stop some moaning about "conspiracy" whether its on this site or elsewhere.

I think that it is really unfair that we have to play four teams that finished above us last season but Arsenal only have to play two. It's a fix, I tell ye.

Have you seen their run in march/april/may(only toughie games are us and Emirates Marketing Project)......they could get cigars out if they are in touching distance of the title,mostly sides who be in the bottom half,lucky cnuts.

Have you seen their run in march/april/may(only toughie games are us and Emirates Marketing Project)......they could get cigars out if they are in touching distance of the title,mostly sides who be in the bottom half,lucky cnuts.
that is ominous especially with the way they always finish the season so strongly

Back