• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

First team after the window.

I also think it will be a while before Eriksen is a first team regular. Same applies to Kaboul and Sandro who I think we will need in the second half of the season, fresh and strong.

In the meantime...

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker------------Dawson---------Verts-----------Rose
---------------------------Capoue-----------------------
-------------------Paulinho--------Dembele------------
Lamela--------------------Soldado--------------Chadli

Sub: Friedel, Kaboul,Chiriches,Sandro,Eriksen,Lennon,Defoe.

Sigg Holtby and Townsend will have to wait for the inevitable injury plague which arrives each season.

one can dream...if Bale ****ing stays...Bale Soldado Lamela with Eriksen in the hole pulling the strings, Capoue & Sandro holding the fort..a little bit of luck staying free from injuries with Younes & Verts and Lloris in goal...options of Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend, Chadli coming off the bench..we could be bloody serious title challengers...

I also think it will be a while before Eriksen is a first team regular. Same applies to Kaboul and Sandro who I think we will need in the second half of the season, fresh and strong.

In the meantime...

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker------------Dawson---------Verts-----------Rose
---------------------------Capoue-----------------------
-------------------Paulinho--------Dembele------------
Lamela--------------------Soldado--------------Chadli

Sub: Friedel, Kaboul,Chiriches,Sandro,Eriksen,Lennon,Defoe.

Sigg Holtby and Townsend will have to wait for the inevitable injury plague which arrives each season.

I agree re settling in, I think it's interesting how far we have come

My early view is Lennon and Dembele may struggle in the long run to find a first team place, which is insane since outside of Bale and Verts last season, they were the next names on the team sheet.

What I'm hoping is we build a distinct cup side and try to win the cups as well as play our strongest team in the PL.

Shame **** match is this weekend. It'd be nice to have gone there with all these new players bedded-in. Even if completed today Lamela won't feature against **** (I don't think).

Basically we could end up with:

Lloris
Walker - Vertonghen - Vlad - Rose
Lamela - Capoue - Eriksen - Paulinho - Chadli
Soldado

That's nine (!) new players AVB has brought in since Redknapp left!
And only Walker was a regular before AVB's arrival - it will be very interesting now to see how he does with his own team and players.

Shame **** match is this weekend. It'd be nice to have gone there with all these new players bedded-in. Even if completed today Lamela won't feature against **** (I don't think).

Capoue was signed on a Thursday and came off the bench on the Sunday iirc.

The key thing now is going to be keeping the likes of Siggurdson, Holtby, Lennon, Townsend etc happy.
its all well and good having the likes of Lamela and Eriksen coming straight into the first team, but we need thos players to be happy coming off the bench and playing in UEFA. it wont be long until the suspensions and injuries start and we need a top class second eleven. We cant rely on the likes of Carroll and Kane.

The key thing now is going to be keeping the likes of Siggurdson, Holtby, Lennon, Townsend etc happy.
its all well and good having the likes of Lamela and Eriksen coming straight into the first team, but we need thos players to be happy coming off the bench and playing in UEFA. it wont be long until the suspensions and injuries start and we need a top class second eleven. We cant rely on the likes of Carroll and Kane.

Well AVB certainly can't complain about the squad he's been given, its up to him to manage it now and keep everyone happy and fighting for their places.

BS_iWPiCMAA5n9W.jpg

There are few nailed on certs in this new squad. We have two players for every position and I am sure AVB will rotate them liberally. The most important thing is that the pair in each position have very similar characteristics so the overall team game will not be affected.

-----------------------------------------------Lloris (Friedel in some EL matches)-------------------------------------------------

Walker / Naughton --------- Kaboul / Dawson -----------------------------Vertonghen / Chiriches -------------------Rose / Ekotto (or new LB)

-----------------------------------------------Capoue / Sandro-----------------------------Paulinho / Dembele-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------Eriksen / Holtby / Siggy ----------------------------------------------

Lamela / Townsend --------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Chadli / Lennon

---------------------------------------------------------------------Soldado / Defoe -----------------------------------------------------

In addition, I am equally sure he will move players to different position depending on opposition e.g. play both Sandro and Capoue for different away grounds, or use a wonky formation with Eriksen or Siggy on the left if the game needs it.

Back