• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Saw a news story about City potentially offering Messi 800k a week, I know that story has come up ever since Mansour came along for a ego boost and I doubt it will happen but thought this thread would be worth bumping.

Last I heard about FFP was that they were "loosening" the rules, and lets not mess about, UEFA basically decided to protect the modern day football monopoly's by doing this...

Does anyone know whether FFP is even still a thing? Or, as I always thought it would, has it's sole accomplishment been the suspension of relatively minor clubs whilst the main culprits have spent what ever the hell they feel like?

Don't see it mentioned as so much as a unlikely challenge to the soulless teams spending so I'm assuming it has been scrapped?

Saw a news story about City potentially offering Messi 800k a week, I know that story has come up ever since Mansour came along for a ego boost and I doubt it will happen but thought this thread would be worth bumping.

Last I heard about FFP was that they were "loosening" the rules, and lets not mess about, UEFA basically decided to protect the modern day football monopoly's by doing this...

Does anyone know whether FFP is even still a thing? Or, as I always thought it would, has it's sole accomplishment been the suspension of relatively minor clubs whilst the main culprits have spent what ever the hell they feel like?

Don't see it mentioned as so much as a unlikely challenge to the soulless teams spending so I'm assuming it has been scrapped?

You know what day it is today right? ;)

ManU are top of Deloitte' Football Money League, for the first time in 11 years, as they become the first club to make over half a £billion in one year.

Tottenham remain in 12th spot with revenues up, from £196m, to £209m.

C2fejzrWIAENGhT.jpg

C2jPmZGW8AEfnDQ.jpg

Tottenham (rank) €m:

(11th) 153.1 / (14th) 145.0 / (15th) 132.7 / (12th) 146.3 / (11th) 181.0 / (14th) 178.2 / (14th) 172.0 / (13th) 215.8 / (12th) 257.5 / (12th) 279.7

83% growth in a decade

C2jPmZGW8AEfnDQ.jpg

Tottenham (rank) €m:

(11th) 153.1 / (14th) 145.0 / (15th) 132.7 / (12th) 146.3 / (11th) 181.0 / (14th) 178.2 / (14th) 172.0 / (13th) 215.8 / (12th) 257.5 / (12th) 279.7

83% growth in a decade

The *fudge* is that next to Juventus' name?

Their new badge.

I suspected they'd done something similar, but that's just...wrong. There is no connection to their famed history, no motif that represents the locality that they came from....There's just a nu-modern ultra-marketing inspired minimalistic f*cking 'J' that could easily belong to either Juve or the hipster-filled local nightclub - you truly have no way of knowing the difference anymore.

Goddamn, do I hate the b*stards in marketing who come up with stuff like this. Another great, historic club reduced to a Twitter hashtag existence because some f*cks decided to change something perfectly good and make it an utterly unremarkable piece of post-modern crap.

I suspected they'd done something similar, but that's just...wrong. There is no connection to their famed history, no motif that represents the locality that they came from....There's just a nu-modern ultra-marketing inspired minimalistic f*cking 'J' that could easily belong to either Juve or the hipster-filled local nightclub - you truly have no way of knowing the difference anymore.

Goddamn, do I hate the b*stards in marketing who come up with stuff like this. Another great, historic club reduced to a Twitter hashtag existence because some f*cks decided to change something perfectly good and make it an utterly unremarkable piece of post-modern crap.

old-badge1.jpg

old-badge2.jpg

sports_england_tottenham-hotspur-football-club.png

A) Who says I didn't fulminate vehemently when ours was changed as well? Believe me, I kicked up a fuss then too.

B) However, I didn't hate our new logo quite as much as I hate what Juve have done to their famous crest - because it has at least three elements that kept it roughly in line with our past logos. It has a rooster on a ball, it is navy blue and it has the club's name on it (on versions that aren't on the jerseys, anyway). Juve have *nothing* save for the black and white lettering and the name stuck inelegantly on the top of that stark, lifeless ultramodern 'J'. No animal prancing within a crest, no crown signifying their history...Just a f*cking J.

I know why they've done this - presumably they want to move into real estate and non-football ventures, so they rebranded to make that easier. But it's utterly crap either way.

Back