• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Its more because we all know UEFA will do nothing

This, really. They've failed on important issues so many times in the past, that it's now up to UEFA/FIFA to prove that they are not simply a bunch of corrupt tossers who care nothing about football and only about money. I'll be the first to applaud if they do something really significant to improve the game, though.

This, really. They've failed on important issues so many times in the past, that it's now up to UEFA/FIFA to prove that they are not simply a bunch of corrupt tossers who care nothing about football and only about money. I'll be the first to applaud if they do something really significant to improve the game, though.

They got rid of snoods. That's enough for me.

Can't believe the negativity in this thread. UEFA has to start from somewhere. And, in my book, this is a good start.

Sweet of you. Are you over 25? The world is as bent as Michael Barrymore, and football is bent more than Uri Geller in a washing machine.

Can't believe the negativity in this thread. UEFA has to start from somewhere. And, in my book, this is a good start.

Are you having a laugh?

Nothing will happen, and no-one will get points deducted except the tinkle poor clubs who are going bust anyway......just like it is now

Are you having a laugh?

Nothing will happen, and no-one will get points deducted except the tinkle poor clubs who are going bust anyway......just like it is now

The logic in this FFP set of rules is very perculier.. You lose to much money over a season, or period of three seasons, so we will fine you. Increasing your loses even further.

Just like if Emirates Marketing Project or any other big team gets banned from the champions league, the loss of the tv revenue along would leave clubs struggling to meet the required cutbacks to get a european license the next year..

If enforced these rules could destroy a football club, but if not then whats the point in having them at all?

To me it's just hot air, until they prove otherwise. Can you really see Barca, Man U or City being kicked out of the CL, or having points deducted?
No, but I can see the next Pompey, or Plymouth being thumped out of existance.

There is absolutely no chance in hell that they would ever chuck Barcelona out of the champions league. I imagine they are one of the affected clubs as well, in massive debt and had to get a loan last year to pay their players salaries.

Chelsea have announced a total loss of ?ú67.7million for the financial year ending June 30th 2011.

The club revealed its operating loss had reduced from a figure of ?ú70.9million as it aims to fall in line with UEFA's new financial fair play rules.

Transfer fees were a main contributor to the loss, while the club was able to declare a record group turnover of ?ú222.3million.

The figure stood at ?ú205.8million last year, and increased thanks to higher receipts from the UEFA Champions League together with a rise in income from the central Premier League television contract relating to overseas broadcasting.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck told the club's official website: "The club is focused on complying with the requirements of UEFA's financial fair play regulations while maintaining its ability to challenge for major trophies.

"We would expect this to be reflected in our results for the current financial year."

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay added: "Achieving a record level of turnover is satisfying given the economic background against which we are operating."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7468511/Blues-announce-big-loss

Well on course aren't they?

Re: OT Uefa warns clubs about meeting financial fair play rules

Europa League winners Atletico Madrid were among 23 clubs to have prize money withheld as European football's governing body UEFA revealed the first sanctions under its financial fair play rules on Tuesday.

UEFA said the clubs, who also include Qatari-owned La Liga side Malaga and Portugal's Sporting, were found to have "important" overdue payments to other teams, their own employees or social and tax authorities.

As a result their money for taking part in European competition would be withheld pending further investigation, UEFA said in a statement.

The clubs will have to provide an updated report on September 30 to a UEFA committee led by former Belgian Prime Minister Jean-Luc Dehaene.

"This... measure will remain in force until all identified balances have been settled in full or until a final decision by the [UEFA committee] is taken," said UEFA.

Among other clubs under investigation are Dinamo Bucharest and Rapid Bucharest of Romania, Turkey's Fenerbahce and Serbia's Partizan Belgrade.

All are involved in this season's UEFA competitions.

There were no clubs from the English Premier League, German Bundesliga, Italy's Serie A or France's Ligue 1 among the clubs named.

UEFA approved the introduction of the far-reaching financial fair play rules in 2009 in a bid to reduce debt and introduce better and more transparent financial dealings among clubs playing in its competitions.

UEFA President Michel Platini said the measures have been introduced to stop clubs from spending their way into oblivion and to force them to live within their means.

They are also intended to stop wealthy owners from trying to buy success with limitless spending on players, distorting the transfer market in the process.

Transfer fees and outgoing payments have been monitored since the start of the 2011/12 season with clubs tasked with breaking even in 2012 and 2013 and being assessed during the 2013/14 season.

If clubs have not come into line by then, they could be thrown out of European competition.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofeurope/108282/default.aspx

they are witholding payment to poor clubs?
i thought ffp was to rein in the mega rich!

Agree, there was many who were convinced it would not get this far, lets see what happens.

Put it this way, I'll be amazed if they boot Real Madrid, Barca or Emirates Marketing Project out of the Champions League. Those teams are massive cash cows for UEFA. Their revenues would drop if the aforementioned teams aren't in the competition.

Why do you think UEFA want to have the Champions League final in London every two years?

Put it this way, I'll be amazed if they boot Real Madrid, Barca or Emirates Marketing Project out of the Champions League. Those teams are massive cash cows for UEFA. Their revenues would drop if the aforementioned teams aren't in the competition.

Why do you think UEFA want to have the Champions League final in London every two years?

I have no idea, but i am sure you can tell me why.

Because Platini loves the English?

I agree with the above posts, its a shame about the negativity, but the attitude is not without foundation. Its like giving Blatter benefit of the doubt while he cleans up corruption in football.

UEFA want to keep control of their lucrative tournament, the rich clubs want to take a larger share of the revenues. So gradually its become bigger and bigger with more games and less chance of not being involved for the big clubs. The G14 were bought off with extra places and an expanded tournament. If UEFA get too strict there will be another threat of a breakaway superleague.

Its mirroring the changes in English football before the Premier League. The big five wanted more money for themselves, leading to the end of the gate revenue sharing, a large share of the TV money, etc. It just delayed the inevitable, though, and the PL came about.

In the short term the FFP rules have the approval of the big clubs as they are concerned by the sugar-daddy trend. They don't want any more Chelsea's joining their party and want to keep out City, PSG, Malaga, Anzi, etc. But the big clubs don't want a level playing field, they like the existing tilt, and UEFA have to keep them happy or the breakaway league will happen.

Are you having a laugh?

So, you are saying that nothing should be done as nothing can be done?

They have started out slowly, banning some smaller clubs because of irregularities and now withholding prize money. If it's a big club there is now precedent, but so far it's those that have trouble paying that are being targetted. The sugardaddy clubs won't have that problem as long as there is money and there are loopholes for covering losses with money poured into the club from external sources.

So if you have a suggardaddy you can spend money you don't actually have.

But if you don't have a suggardaddy then you can't spend money you don't have. In other words, you can't spend so can't compete with the rich clubs and the rich clubs push on further away.

UEFA are fudging pathetic and I knew this rule would be utter brick. Would say wait till the press pick up on this but won't hold my breath...

It great that UEFA are trying to do something. But this does have a bit of a feeling of protecting the rich. In the end you will need to break even. So the bigger clubs with the bigger stadiums with the bigger fan base get in the champions league. The prize money is worth over 10 times that of any other competition. This means that all the teams in the champions league can afford to buy the better and more expensive players. This in turn keeps them in the champions league to repeat the cycle again.

I know that its awful for teams to get there money men but at least it does change the status quo. There are very very few teams like us that have got to the position they are and are financially very well run. Look at the premier league and the same old teams are their or their about.

All this will do is make the sport very American with everything being sponsored so clubs can get more money. Twenty five years ago we did not have a shirt sponsor, now we have a video game sponsor what the hell!!!! Soon our posts and bar will be sponsored with a big sponsor in the six yard box and the centre circle.

Back