• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA: Destroying Football Since 1904

I don't understand that rule. Surely everyone's just going to go back and vote for who they did last time?

Makes sense when there are more than two candidates

3. For the election of the President, two-thirds of the votes recorded and valid are necessary in the first ballot. In the second and any other requisite ballot, an absolute majority of the votes recorded is sufficient. If there are more than two candidates, whoever obtains the lowest number of votes is eliminated as from the second ballot until only two candidates are left.

Makes sense when there are more than two candidates

3. For the election of the President, two-thirds of the votes recorded and valid are necessary in the first ballot. In the second and any other requisite ballot, an absolute majority of the votes recorded is sufficient. If there are more than two candidates, whoever obtains the lowest number of votes is eliminated as from the second ballot until only two candidates are left.

Good point, for some reason I'd forgotten completely you could have more than two and thought it was all a bit US election style.

Lets see what all these people giving it the biggun about breakaway organizations, boycotting world cups and resigning are made of then!

Between 2011 and 2014 FIFA spent $13 million on the development of the women's game, Sepp being their patron and protector and all that.

Just last year they spent $27 million on a Zürich hotel.

What if a weighted system were used according to FIFA's rankings with Germany's vote being worth 209 points down to Anguilla's at 1 point?

Every FIFA member would still get to vote in Presidential elections but the stronger nations would have far more say in how the game was run.

What if a weighted system were used according to FIFA's rankings with Germany's vote being worth 209 points down to Anguilla's at 1 point?

Every FIFA member would still get to vote in Presidential elections but the stronger nations would have far more say in how the game was run.

So you only have to bribe a few countries to get rights to the World Cup etc.
That would be like the voting process of the 2018 and 2022 world cups all over again.
Then only 22 people had votes on the world cup, meaning you only needed around 10 of them to win in a multi candidate election.
Since then they have moved to the 209 vote system so that the likes of Qatar cant buy the vote so easily without being caught.

You need to reform the individual FAs first.
Here in Ireland we still have still a clown awarding himself a 400k salary and not saying where the 5m Fifa gave the FAI after Henry's handball went. http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...iscuss-reported-5m-fifa-payment-31263808.html

I'm sure its the same in most of Europe.

A 400k salary is nice anywhere in the world. It is even better in many of the countries where Blatter gets his votes. Small grants from FIFA can fund royal lifestyles in many FIFA member countries and guess who they vote for?

So you only have to bribe a few countries to get rights to the World Cup etc.
That would be like the voting process of the 2018 and 2022 world cups all over again.
Then only 22 people had votes on the world cup, meaning you only needed around 10 of them to win in a multi candidate election.
Since then they have moved to the 209 vote system so that the likes of Qatar cant buy the vote so easily without being caught.

You only have to bribe a few countries with a weighted voting system, but the countries you need to bribe are harder to bride. In a small country, say a small island in the Caribbean or Oceania, a few million goes a long way: a training pitch, a fancy HQ, and a palatial home for the head of the FA. In Germany it buys nothing.

A 400k salary is nice anywhere in the world. It is even better in many of the countries where Blatter gets his votes. Small grants from FIFA can fund royal lifestyles in many FIFA member countries and guess who they vote for?

You only have to bribe a few countries with a weighted voting system, but the countries you need to bribe are harder to bride. In a small country, say a small island in the Caribbean or Oceania, a few million goes a long way: a training pitch, a fancy HQ, and a palatial home for the head of the FA. In Germany it buys nothing.

400k is even worse when the FAI only pay the League winners 100k prize money!

Platini was convinced to vote for Qatar and Russia. Why woudlnt the head of the German, Spanish or Brazilian FA do the exact same thing.

the 'problem' with this however is that the european powerhouses will be able to dictate how football is run (like they did in the past). the rest of the world is scared of this. its kind of on this basis that blatter came into power. he promised the smaller countries a bigger say in world footballing matters. this is the one genuine positive he offers the fa's from lower ranked nations.

i think you are right though. in the future, i could definitely see a weighted system. at the end of the day, it is the european powerhouses that bring all the attraction and revenue into world/international football. so i cant really see why they would be willing to hand over so much power to those who dont contribute as much. when the fifa shake up happens, i think the europeans will be a lot better off.

the 'problem' with this however is that the european powerhouses will be able to dictate how football is run (like they did in the past). the rest of the world is scared of this. its kind of on this basis that blatter came into power. he promised the smaller countries a bigger say in world footballing matters. this is the one genuine positive he offers the fa's from lower ranked nations.

i think you are right though. in the future, i could definitely see a weighted system. at the end of the day, it is the european powerhouses that bring all the attraction and revenue into world/international football. so i cant really see why they would be willing to hand over so much power to those who dont contribute as much. when the fifa shake up happens, i think the europeans will be a lot better off.

That's not really a benefit, because (by their nature, and I was born in one), 3rd world countries are much easier to "influence" and the idea that a country with less people than the number of professional footballers in other countries has an equal vote???

My question is why is anyone still a part of FIFA, why doesn't the European FA's & UEFA just get out and build a modern system?

That's not really a benefit, because (by their nature, and I was born in one), 3rd world countries are much easier to "influence" and the idea that a country with less people than the number of professional footballers in other countries has an equal vote???

My question is why is anyone still a part of FIFA, why doesn't the European FA's & UEFA just get out and build a modern system?

because many people of influence in those organisations got a leg up from Sepp

I see that Spain and France supported Sepp. A long way to go before this is sorted.

Well Sepp is 79. Surely in ten years at least he'll be out of this.

Not that I think his exit will be enough. FIFA should be put to rest entirely, and another organisation established in its place.

Well Sepp is 79. Surely in ten years at least he'll be out of this.

Not that I think his exit will be enough. FIFA should be put to rest entirely, and another organisation established in its place.

I'm sure that's what they said about Mugabe 10 or 20 years ago.

Back