• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie's book

Unbelievable. There's a lot to admire about ferguson, but his constant need to seek out attention and his shameless self promotion are not on the list.

I don't think he was expecting Jon Snow to be quite so confrontational!

[video=youtube;h2rIkFc5LD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rIkFc5LD4#t=15[/video]

[video=youtube;h2rIkFc5LD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rIkFc5LD4#t=15[/video]

Good interview. He would have banned Snow from the press conferences for some of those questions.

Regarding his loyalty to the Glazers, what else could he do? He still works for the club and in his eyes, they have backed him so he's hardly going to tear into them for being "capitalists", most billionaire owners are captitalists :lol:

Don't really know he can criticise him for falling out with players. Just about all managers do. He never fell out with Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Neville, Schmiechel etc. No player is bigger than the club, simple recipe for success.

This makes me sound like an apologist for him, there's a lot of things I don't like about him. But you can't deny he's a friggin genius. Jon Snow asks tough questions and that is to be admired, but the entire interview seemed to be about trying to make Ferguson look stupid.

Regarding his loyalty to the Glazers, what else could he do? He still works for the club and in his eyes, they have backed him so he's hardly going to tear into them for being "capitalists", most billionaire owners are captitalists :lol:

Don't really know he can criticise him for falling out with players. Just about all managers do. He never fell out with Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Neville, Schmiechel etc. No player is bigger than the club, simple recipe for success.

This makes me sound like an apologist for him, there's a lot of things I don't like about him. But you can't deny he's a friggin genius. Jon Snow asks tough questions and that is to be admired, but the entire interview seemed to be about trying to make Ferguson look stupid.

I 100% agree.

I have written before about the time my mate and I met, and hung out with him, during the 94 World Cup, and he was absolutely brilliant! You could tell he enjoyed speaking with the common folk (like us!) a whole lot more than sponsor hob-nobbers...he really enjoyed the to and fro about all aspects of the game AND refused to let us get drinks/he got them all in.

I thought this interview was very, very insightful...showed me even more EXACTLY why Man U were so dominant, because he would not ALLOW it to be any other way.
One thing with him too, I always got the sense he was a very fair man; you're good with him and respect the code, then he's fair with you. I think Keane falls out with himself daily, and Ince the same...RVN is a weird one, Stam is well documented and Becks, well, both acknowledge the issues but both still get on.

I think Fergie-bashing has always been too easy...and I agree re: Snow, it certainly seemed his sole remit was to ask all the questions that have been 'verboten' for a long time.

On Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

Ferguson has bartered with Spurs chief Levy on a number of occasions over transfers, most notably regarding the signing of striker Dimitar Berbatov, which the Scot describes as "a s****". But in a sign of begrudging respect, Ferguson notes that Levy's number one priority is always Tottenham - "which is no bad thing".

He has always had a respect for Spurs...he actually hated Sugar and was sad for US when he was our chairman...

I don't mind the bloke to be honest. There is a lot to admire and he is a genius. It is refreshing to see Man U slipping up yes but as someone said before, look at the alternatives. Compare Fergie to Mourinho, Wenger (City don't warrant a mention) for me hes head and shoulders above them.

Ferguson almost always spoke warmly of Spurs as a club throughout his career. I suspect that's a generational thing and shows his respect for our teams of the 50's and 60's.

On the money. Remember, he was close to coming to us in the Scholar era...

I don't mind the bloke to be honest. There is a lot to admire and he is a genius. It is refreshing to see Man U slipping up yes but as someone said before, look at the alternatives. Compare Fergie to Mourinho, Wenger (City don't warrant a mention) for me hes head and shoulders above them.

I think I agree with every word there.
Whether you like him or not, I think he will go down in history as the greatest manager ever and I do not think there will be anyone who can touch him.

"Stalinist". FFS what a pillock. Don't care much for Fergie but to compare him with one of the worst mass murderers in history is a bit much.
Did he really compare him to Stalin or say that his controlling influence had Stalinist overtones? Not quite the same in my mind.

Again, its another high profile Journo trying to be antagonistic to get a rise out of the interviewee. I really find this attitude abhorrent

Back