• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Feeling very 'flat' for the new season

Oh come on? Wouldn't you feel a sense of pride that we made him a better player, had the good times and went on to arguably the biggest team in the world. He won't forget us but now we have to let go. If he ever returns, I would stand an applaud and would be really disgusted if the majority didn't

We didn't make him a better player IMO. And the way he treated us was despicable and he has already forgotten us. fudge him.

We didn't make him a better player IMO. And the way he treated us was despicable and he has already forgotten us. fudge him.

He had a tough upbringing considering the war. He fought to make himself a success, I think he served his time with us, and at least he didn't go to another english club. I don't think he treated us bad, alot of the stuff was the pro Man U/Anti Spurs journalists stirring things.

He had a tough upbringing considering the war. He fought to make himself a success, I think he served his time with us, and at least he didn't go to another english club. I don't think he treated us bad, alot of the stuff was the pro Man U/Anti Spurs journalists stirring things.

But he wanted to. And didn't treat us bad? His behaviour both August 2011 and 2012 was despicable.

But he wanted to. And didn't treat us bad? His behaviour both August 2011 and 2012 was despicable.

You see that's the thing. Maybe, this year, but previously how much was media driven? Fergie mentioned him and the media all had this campaign to get him to sign for Man U. They treated us disgracefully more than him. Come on you know when ever a player is successful at spurs, the media have a field day discussing an imminent transfer. Without going O/T, but if were established top 4, this crap would end.

You see that's the thing. Maybe, this year, but previously how much was media driven? Fergie mentioned him and the media all had this campaign to get him to sign for Man U. They treated us disgracefully more than him. Come on you know when ever a player is successful at spurs, the media have a field day discussing an imminent transfer. Without going O/T, but if were established top 4, this crap would end.

This has long been a point of debate here mate, and will continue to be until the cows come home from wherever they went in the first place!

My take on it is that his agent was a malevolent force in the 'go-to-Chelski' debacle, and that this summer, a deal had ben struck with Madrid before they suddenly backed off from the asking price and tried to (errr) 'do a Levy' and get him cheap cheap knowing they'd got ride of the competition for his signature. they'd softened the player/agent up! And I think, once again, the idiot was poorly advised that if he didn't go on the US tour, the move would go through quicker. Foolish I agree. Hence his quick apology when it became public and no-complaints when told to train away from the first-team until he left.

Interesting thing is that he could end up being another case of 'be careful what you wish for' as Madrid seemingly have him as an expensive acoutrement and not a player who bears much importance to them. Ironically, he could well end up being a part of a 'system' already in place. Would've been the same thing I see AVB developing for us, except here, the truth is he'd have ben a regular part of that system, whereas at Madrid he will firmly only be a squaddie...

So you don't believe the direct Modric quotes where he said he wanted to join a bigger club, like Chelsea? And that Levy lied to him and wasn't allowing him to join Chelsea....which is where he wanted to be?

This has long been a point of debate here mate, and will continue to be until the cows come home from wherever they went in the first place!

My take on it is that his agent was a malevolent force in the 'go-to-Chelski' debacle, and that this summer, a deal had ben struck with Madrid before they suddenly backed off from the asking price and tried to (errr) 'do a Levy' and get him cheap cheap knowing they'd got ride of the competition for his signature. they'd softened the player/agent up! And I think, once again, the idiot was poorly advised that if he didn't go on the US tour, the move would go through quicker. Foolish I agree. Hence his quick apology when it became public and no-complaints when told to train away from the first-team until he left.

Interesting thing is that he could end up being another case of 'be careful what you wish for' as Madrid seemingly have him as an expensive acoutrement and not a player who bears much importance to them. Ironically, he could well end up being a part of a 'system' already in place. Would've been the same thing I see AVB developing for us, except here, the truth is he'd have ben a regular part of that system, whereas at Madrid he will firmly only be a squaddie...

Your right about that -I remember all the stuff coming out from his agent, just looking after his own pocket. Modric's persona isn't the type to act the way he has been perceived. However, the way this is being portrayed is similar to Berbatov - people where saying he got Jol sacked and refused to play, judging by his latest move - dosen't appear that way

Indeed, very few players leave spurs and become successes. Will be interesting whenhe gets frustrated being left on the bench there, maybe we could use our tie-up with RM to get him back

Oh come on? Wouldn't you feel a sense of pride that we made him a better player, had the good times and went on to arguably the biggest team in the world. He won't forget us but now we have to let go. If he ever returns, I would stand an applaud and would be really disgusted if the majority didn't

He's treated us with total distain, not worthy of his talent. I hope he fails to make their starting line up and is forced to move on. With any luck the greeness of the grass will prove to be lacking.

He's treated us with total distain

Dis`tain´
v. t. 1. To tinge with a different color from the natural or proper one; to stain; to discolor; to sully; to tarnish; to defile; - used chiefly in poetry.

I think you mean disdain but I like the idea that he defiled us. Makes me feel dirty.

We'll never know what happened last season when he didn't play at United when his "head wasn't right". Were left to draw our own conclusions from those quotes and also by Redknapp's decision to not pick him and then sub him early in the second half of the first home game to Emirates Marketing Project.

What can't be argued, is that he refused to go on the club's pre season tour to the U.S. : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ike-at-Spurs-as-he-fights-for-dream-move.html

I've said many times that I don't hold it against players for wanting to play for a bigger club and earn more money doing it, but it really isn't asking too much for them to give everything for the club whilst they are here and be professional. I accept that they have short careers and sometimes are forced to move when the club decides the player isn't good enough, but they are phenomally well paid for the privilege to play at the highest level and are paid to play, not just to train.

Hossam Ghaly didn't get the same benefit of the doubt when he threw his shirt to the ground. Wonder if his lack of ability had anything to do with it?

Soft spot as in from my perspective - ex. Spurs player - always keep an eye on them (except a few of course)

Actually - he was quite complimentary towards us in his latest interview.

Again - him and VdV technically orchestrated a similar move - why the division? Mostly because of the media coverage, imv and the protracted timeline (see Keane vs Berbatov, 2008)

Perhaps VDV got tinkled off when the club decided Sigurdsson was better than him. I never saw any quotes from him asking to leave. At least he managed to turn out for us in the first two games before he was sold, unlike Modric last season when he wanted a move. Nasri also managed to turn out for Arsenal last season before he was sold.

Perhaps VDV got tinkled off when the club decided Sigurdsson was better than him. I never saw any quotes from him asking to leave. At least he managed to turn out for us in the first two games before he was sold, unlike Modric last season when he wanted a move. Nasri also managed to turn out for Arsenal last season before he was sold.

Don't bother. WasteofspacE is determined to peddle the fallacy that VDV wanted out because he wanted out of Spurs, and exonerate AVB of any responsibility for VDV leaving.

Tell you what, there's a third possibility, and hear me out on this one...

1) VdV always said he would go back to Hamburg one day, even before he signed for Spurs
2) He is nearing his twilight years
3) Hamburg wanted him back
4) VdV and his wife wanted a normal relationship again
5) Spurs were happy to take the money seeing as Sigurdsson had come in

Crazy I know, but maybe it'll stop you lot slapping your dingdongs at each other for a bit.

1) VdV always said he would go back to Hamburg one day, even before he signed for Spurs

Crazy I know, but maybe it'll stop you lot slapping your dingdongs at each other for a bit.

I accept all of those factors may have played a part. Certainly more likely than saying he refused to play.

I think Levy may also have wanted him gone as we know he tends to stick to his policy of selling players on whilst they still have value.

But VDV didn't ever say he wanted to leave as far as I know.

Of course he didn't, the bloke has class. But behind closed doors it is well known that his wife works in Germany and they have a long distance relationship and that he has always said he'll finish his career at Hamburg (or would like to). Hamburg come knocking and we dive on the money. Where is the shock or acrimony? Why is it AVB's doing? Likely time line:

- Hamburg "Hi we want you player for a squillion pounds"
- Levy "Do the other one, it has bells on, he's worth a kajillion"
- Hamburg "Hmm, we can offer a kasquillion"
- Levy *Spuff Spuff Spuff*
- Levy to Rafa "Wanna move to Germany?"
- Rafa to Levy "Does a Blackforest Bear brick in a funny hat?"
- Levy to AVB "Wanna sell Rafa and I'll try for Mouts for you?" *Looooool*
- AVB to Levy "Deeerrrrppp" *Spuff Spuff Spuff*

That's how I imagine it went anyway.

Of course he didn't, the bloke has class. But behind closed doors it is well known that his wife works in Germany and they have a long distance relationship and that he has always said he'll finish his career at Hamburg (or would like to). Hamburg come knocking and we dive on the money. Where is the shock or acrimony? Why is it AVB's doing? Likely time line:

- Hamburg "Hi we want you player for a squillion pounds"
- Levy "Do the other one, it has bells on, he's worth a kajillion"
- Hamburg "Hmm, we can offer a kasquillion"
- Levy *Spuff Spuff Spuff*
- Levy to Rafa "Wanna move to Germany?"
- Rafa to Levy "Does a Blackforest Bear brick in a funny hat?"
- Levy to AVB "Wanna sell Rafa and I'll try for Mouts for you?" *Looooool*
- AVB to Levy "Deeerrrrppp" *Spuff Spuff Spuff*

That's how I imagine it went anyway.

Never said it was all down to AVB, most likely Levy had something to do with it.

VDV never hid his love for Hamburg and the long distance thing was more than likely another factor, but the arrival of Sig must have pretty much made his mind up for him.

Please post this in every thread, every 20 minutes. It would save a lot of slippery dingdong-slapping.

Please post this in every thread, every 20 minutes. It would save a lot of slippery dingdong-slapping.

Maybe they like it, after all, deep down we all want to shag our mums and kill our brothers or something like that.

That's the kind of centrist logic we need more of on these threads Wookie.

Back