• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

What? This is an issue now? Speaking positively about our performance when we lost away to City is a bad thing?

And he said that we showed more than just fight and passion. How is that like a conference team putting up a good fight? He's talking about doing more than just showing fight and passion. Stuff like creating chances, passing the ball around, playing football. How is this an issue?

And how is it a ****ing issue for a player to be positive about our team and performances at all? To try to put a positive spin on a painful loss? Should he just dig a hole and sit in it and mope for 5 days until the next game comes around or should he try to instill some positivity and confidence in the other players?

Not aimed at Fazio, but I would like to see our players show more of this "fighting talk" by their actions on the pitch rather than mouthing meaningless platitiudes before or after games.

Not aimed at Fazio, but I would like to see our players show more of this "fighting talk" by their actions on the pitch rather than mouthing meaningless platitiudes before or after games.
He tried that and got a red.

That had nothing to do with putting up a fight, and all to do with lazy defending.

I really don't think Lazy is an accurate description.

That kind of situation. Tons of space to be exploited, little to no cover, quick players with options running with the ball... It's not like picking up a player like Aguero is easy. Had he powered back towards the goal full pelt, Aguero could have just stopped and Navas pulled the ball back to Aguero with the typical 45 degree pullback. But then people would probably have a go at Fazio for not keeping calm in the situation and just running for the goal-line like a headless chicken.

Knowing that Aguero is super likely to score he tries to get away with a shirt pull to at least put him off. Solid gamble in my book as the game is pretty much over at 3-1 regardless.

What? This is an issue now? Speaking positively about our performance when we lost away to City is a bad thing?

And he said that we showed more than just fight and passion. How is that like a conference team putting up a good fight? He's talking about doing more than just showing fight and passion. Stuff like creating chances, passing the ball around, playing football. How is this an issue?

And how is it a ****ing issue for a player to be positive about our team and performances at all? To try to put a positive spin on a painful loss? Should he just dig a hole and sit in it and mope for 5 days until the next game comes around or should he try to instill some positivity and confidence in the other players?

WE LOST 4-1...WE GOT TONKED AGAIN....WE SURRENDERED AGAIN.....

Trying to put a positive spin on another tonking against a 'big' team is pretty damn smalltime to me. Ok fair enough he's new here but i don't want to hear anything he just said there because it's a small time mentality imo.

WE LOST 4-1...WE GOT TONKED AGAIN....WE SURRENDERED AGAIN.....

Trying to put a positive spin on another tonking against a 'big' team is pretty damn smalltime to me. Ok fair enough he's new here but i don't want to hear anything he just said there because it's a small time mentality imo.

City is one of two favourites to win the league. Us losing 4-1 against them away from home is not a disaster.

Fazio was the vice-captain when Sevilla won the EL right? At least he was named captain after Rakitic left. What reason do you have to question his mentality? Putting a positive spin on a disappointing result is pretty standard and you see it from big name managers and very good players all the time...

Had he said that after a game like we had last year away to City, at home to Liverpool etc I would have understood your frustration. But to say it when up until the 68 minute the game was in the balance and we were a Soldado penalty goal away from equalizing in the second half away to City I really don't get it. This was a Emirates Marketing Project team that scored 63 goals at home in the league last season. That's 3.5 goals per game! Whilst conceding only 13. And against us, unlike much of last season, they had Aguero in lethal form.

Confidence matters in football. Not trying to take any positives out of a good performance, but disappointing result would be ridiculous (imo).

I really don't think Lazy is an accurate description.

That kind of situation. Tons of space to be exploited, little to no cover, quick players with options running with the ball... It's not like picking up a player like Aguero is easy. Had he powered back towards the goal full pelt, Aguero could have just stopped and Navas pulled the ball back to Aguero with the typical 45 degree pullback. But then people would probably have a go at Fazio for not keeping calm in the situation and just running for the goal-line like a headless chicken.

Knowing that Aguero is super likely to score he tries to get away with a shirt pull to at least put him off. Solid gamble in my book as the game is pretty much over at 3-1 regardless.

No.

For me Fazio should get goalside first and foremost, and then defend.

He jogged along looking at Aguero, slightly behind him, when Aguero accelerated there was no way the titanic Fazio could keep up with that acceleration, it was not good defending at all.

When you're huge, get back goalside and help your partner out, don't jog along trying to be canny.

Surely we are contesting this? The foul was before the ball had even been crossed, can't be considered a clear goal scoring opportunity, he could have sliced the cross out of play or 10 yds over his head etc.

No.

For me Fazio should get goalside first and foremost, and then defend.

He jogged along looking at Aguero, slightly behind him, when Aguero accelerated there was no way the titanic Fazio could keep up with that acceleration, it was not good defending at all.

When you're huge, get back goalside and help your partner out, don't jog along trying to be canny.

Like I said. Had he ran goalside and Aguero had been available for the cut back (and they had scored) people would have had a go.

It's a super difficult situation to defend in. Split second decisions on what to do with plenty of space and quick players like Aguero moving around you. Kaboul is picking up no one/providing cover for Rose and moving towards the front post. For me it makes a lot of sense that Kaboul handles any cross along the face of goal and Fazio handles the cut back. Essentially though it's Navas and Aguero with space to run into and defenders scrambling to get back. Mistakes will be made and I really don't think descriptions like "lazy" are apt at all.

If we're going to "blame" anyone for that piece, it should be the one who wrote it.

The official site posts stuff every day. In order to have something to post they'll ask players the same mundane questions over and over. Depending on how we've played, after a loss the usual angles will be:

'We weren't good enough, we're sorry'

or

'We played well, but were unlucky. One of those days'

This game doesn't fit with either, so going with the 'positives' makes sense.

Like I said. Had he ran goalside and Aguero had been available for the cut back (and they had scored) people would have had a go.

It's a super difficult situation to defend in. Split second decisions on what to do with plenty of space and quick players like Aguero moving around you. Kaboul is picking up no one/providing cover for Rose and moving towards the front post. For me it makes a lot of sense that Kaboul handles any cross along the face of goal and Fazio handles the cut back. Essentially though it's Navas and Aguero with space to run into and defenders scrambling to get back. Mistakes will be made and I really don't think descriptions like "lazy" are apt at all.

Isn't that why we pay our players millions of pounds so they can make quick decisions under pressure?

Fazio should have got back quicker.

As soon as he broke forwards over half way it was clear we would "do a Spurs" and lose the ball and he would be out of position.

Just like Kaboul and Vertonghen and Chiriches before him, he played pretty well for an hour and then thought "hey I know, why don't I surge forwards?".

In other teams, there would be cover... but not at Spurs.

Surprise, surprise, City win the ball back, quick pass to Navas and we are wide open.

Usually the centre back has no chance of making back the distance but on this occasion there was loads of time to get back, but he chose not to.

It was the wrong decision, he should have got back quicker, he had a choice and chose to let Aguero get the drop on him.

PS - to the other poster above... the whistle was blown after the cross had beaten Kaboul, so Aguero had a tap in from 6 yards and was not going to miss it, the form he was in, so I thought it was fine to give a red card, and would have expected the same had it been Spurs bearing down on goal.

The only thing I want to hear from Fazio is him apologising for costing us the game.
Otherwise the club should be hiding him from interviews.

City is one of two favourites to win the league. Us losing 4-1 against them away from home is not a disaster.

Fazio was the vice-captain when Sevilla won the EL right? At least he was named captain after Rakitic left. What reason do you have to question his mentality? Putting a positive spin on a disappointing result is pretty standard and you see it from big name managers and very good players all the time...

Had he said that after a game like we had last year away to City, at home to Liverpool etc I would have understood your frustration. But to say it when up until the 68 minute the game was in the balance and we were a Soldado penalty goal away from equalizing in the second half away to City I really don't get it. This was a Emirates Marketing Project team that scored 63 goals at home in the league last season. That's 3.5 goals per game! Whilst conceding only 13. And against us, unlike much of last season, they had Aguero in lethal form.

Confidence matters in football. Not trying to take any positives out of a good performance, but disappointing result would be ridiculous (imo).

Us losing 4-1 after losing to the same team 6-0 and 5-1 in the last two previous meetings is a disaster and shows we still lack fight. I don't want to hear any of our players even attempt to spout anything positive after getting dumped on like that.

Kaboul was making clownish comments before the game and i knew as soon as i read that horse**** what would happen.

Us losing 4-1 after losing to the same team 6-0 and 5-1 in the last two previous meetings is a disaster and shows we still lack fight. I don't want to hear any of our players even attempt to spout anything positive after getting dumped on like that.

Kaboul was making clownish comments before the game and i knew as soon as i read that horse**** what would happen.

Did you watch the game KD? It seems to me that you are talking about the result rather than the performance.

the result didn't reflect the game imo. We should have lost but not 4-1. Aguero had a great game and we need to be better. Overall we played well going forward, dog**** at the back and were exposed by the best attacker in the league.
I haven't got a problem with what Fazio said. I'm more annoyed when kaboul talks his nonsense. Anyway, watching the game we improved from last season and I don't need to look at the score. It will get better I'm sure of it

Fazio should have got back quicker.

As soon as he broke forwards over half way it was clear we would "do a Spurs" and lose the ball and he would be out of position.

Just like Kaboul and Vertonghen and Chiriches before him, he played pretty well for an hour and then thought "hey I know, why don't I surge forwards?".

In other teams, there would be cover... but not at Spurs.

Surprise, surprise, City win the ball back, quick pass to Navas and we are wide open.

Usually the centre back has no chance of making back the distance but on this occasion there was loads of time to get back, but he chose not to.

It was the wrong decision, he should have got back quicker, he had a choice and chose to let Aguero get the drop on him.

What the? 25 minutes to go, we're down by a goal, we have the ball. You want our players to focus mainly on staying back and defending?

Other teams would have cover? Like when we scored after City lost the ball in the very same game?

This doesn't just happen to us...

Seems like tracking Aguero is the easiest thing in the world for a centre back to do. **** me, Kaboul and Vertonghen could keep hold of Aguero even though Aguero also had the ball and you expect Fazio to just "chose" to not let him get the drop on him.

The only thing I want to hear from Fazio is him apologising for costing us the game.
Otherwise the club should be hiding him from interviews.

Are you serious?

I suppose Rose should apologize for gifting them the ball too then? And Kaboul should apologize for the penalty. And Soldado for the penalty miss. Why stop there? Mason for his miss one on one?

I'd rather our players tried to focus on the positives.

We lack fight? 20-25 minutes left of the game, we're a goal down, we're creating chances, we're pushing forward, we were ****ing fighting!

And Fazio shouldn't say something because of what happened under previous managers before he even joined the club. Instead of focusing on keeping heads up and a positive mood and focus when we're two points behind 4th early in the season he should just stfu?

I just cannot understand why you wouldn't want our players to focus on the positive after a game like that? I assume you agree that confidence matters a great deal in football. You don't think focusing just on negatives after a loss can impact how the players think about themselves?

What the? 25 minutes to go, we're down by a goal, we have the ball. You want our players to focus mainly on staying back and defending?

Seems like tracking Aguero is the easiest thing in the world for a centre back to do. **** me, Kaboul and Vertonghen could keep hold of Aguero even though Aguero also had the ball and you expect Fazio to just "chose" to not let him get the drop on him.

Yes, I want our centre backs to focus mainly on staying back and defending. Nearly every time they go charging upfield it results in a serious attack on our goal. There were 25 minutes to go, not 25 seconds.

Tracking Aguero is not easy, getting goal side was easy, Fazio trying to out-accelerate Aguero was and is impossible

Back