• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fed up

Fickle fans, who would have thought.

Exactly .. fudge me

The fact that we started this season thinking about the title says it all, how far we have come.

- 10 points out of 12 against RM & Dortmund in CL, plus a thumping of Pool (who have had our number for some time now)
- We are fudging 5th, 5 years ago we would taken that at any time.

Truth is
- Injuries have caught up with us, we have overplayed certain players (Eriksen, Dier), 2nd string players (Davies/Trippier) can't always be in the form of their life, Wanyama & Toby out hurts the flexibility Dier's role can play, and Dele is (not unexpected due to age/experience) struggling for form, and Harry is carry a knock.
- Add in natural bad runs of form, Wembley adjustment, playing PL after insanely tough CL matches and some of key players being involved in crunch WC qualifiers, we have struggled.

If we are still in 4th/5th space come early January and we get back Wanyama & Toby, Rose & Lamela get match fit, we will still be in a place to make a run at our CL spot for next season.

Fickle fans, who would have thought.

In fairness @El Guepardo doesn’t normally come across as a fickle fan. Far from it.

We’ve set a very high bar for ourselves over the past couple of seasons. We’re ahead of where we should be in ‘the project’. Which makes losing games we really shouldnt lose harder to fathom. Better to vent on here than at the players during a game.

Exactly .. fudge me

The fact that we started this season thinking about the title says it all, how far we have come.

- 10 points out of 12 against RM & Dortmund in CL, plus a thumping of Pool (who have had our number for some time now)
- We are fudging 5th, 5 years ago we would taken that at any time.

Truth is
- Injuries have caught up with us, we have overplayed certain players (Eriksen, Dier), 2nd string players (Davies/Trippier) can't always be in the form of their life, Wanyama & Toby out hurts the flexibility Dier's role can play, and Dele is (not unexpected due to age/experience) struggling for form, and Harry is carry a knock.
- Add in natural bad runs of form, Wembley adjustment, playing PL after insanely tough CL matches and some of key players being involved in crunch WC qualifiers, we have struggled.

If we are still in 4th/5th space come early January and we get back Wanyama & Toby, Rose & Lamela get match fit, we will still be in a place to make a run at our CL spot for next season.

My thoughts as well, we are not playing well but to hear some of the bitching that is being said at the moment is laughable.

In fairness @El Guepardo doesn’t normally come across as a fickle fan. Far from it.

We’ve set a very high bar for ourselves over the past couple of seasons. We’re ahead of where we should be in ‘the project’. Which makes losing games we really shouldnt lose harder to fathom. Better to vent on here than at the players during a game.

My post was not aimed at any one poster but their is a lot of doom and gloom among some fans and in all honesty its crazy after the progress we have made over the last few seasons.

My post was not aimed at any one poster but their is a lot of doom and gloom among some fans and in all honesty its crazy after the progress we have made over the last few seasons.

We have been spoilt.
Dry your tears people, Watford next.

Thank you @Glenda's Legs. I'd like to think I'm not a fickle fan. I don't see why we can't vent our frustration from time to time. I don't believe that we should say how excellent we are right after we lost. Give praise when it's due, but never be scared to say negative words if they are true. If anyone on here thinks I'm an idiot for saying what I did, then you are entitled to think that. I don't want to just act to please. I say what I believe and I will always support us and watch as often as I can; I'm making 7 hour round trips for every home game at the moment and spending in excess of £2k over the year on seeing us play.

I'm just frustrated that we are playing poorly, in my view, this season. I know we are capable of far more, and I want us to show that.

I'm also one of the noisiest fans in my block at Wembley. If you sit around me, you'll know who I am, trust me. And that's noisy in a supportive manner, not a critical one.

Thank you @Glenda's Legs. I'd like to think I'm not a fickle fan. I don't see why we can't vent our frustration from time to time. I don't believe that we should say how excellent we are right after we lost. Give praise when it's due, but never be scared to say negative words if they are true. If anyone on here thinks I'm an idiot for saying what I did, then you are entitled to think that. I don't want to just act to please. I say what I believe and I will always support us and watch as often as I can; I'm making 7 hour round trips for every home game at the moment and spending in excess of £2k over the year on seeing us play.

I'm just frustrated that we are playing poorly, in my view, this season. I know we are capable of far more, and I want us to show that.

I'm also one of the noisiest fans in my block at Wembley. If you sit around me, you'll know who I am, trust me. And that's noisy in a supportive manner, not a critical one.

Mate, super fine line between rightfully critical and fudging entitled (and not pointing at you, just explaining why some fans get frustrated)

What frustrates me (and I can only speak for myself) is two things

- Our fans quickly follow a media narrative when the facts are completely different, e.g. the story that we struggle against bottom teams, while we have this season, Poch's record against the bottom teams is actually remarkably good. e.g. #2 we choked in title race two years in a row, no we actually vastly out performed our level, spending and recent rivals to even be in the fudging title race.
- Spurs have done amazing things as a club in last 7-10 years, and did it the right way, no blood money, no financial doping, re-investing in club/area/charity, our manager and chairman never embarrass us, young players who also seem to be decent human beings. Yet two losses and it's back to "we're brick, cheap, player x is crap" I'm proud of this club, something is you have a decent bone in your body, you can't say about most of our direct rivals.

Feel free to critique (couldn't stop you in I wanted, and I don't), just realize some of us (and sounds like you were there too), remember what a true brick Spurs side is, and some people rightfully object when others resort to the spacegoating (all sides lose games they shouldn't).

Look at the current scores from today's matches. Arsenal winning 4-0, Chelsea 1-0, Emirates Marketing Project 1-0, Liverpool 1-0 away. All clicking along as expected.

Argh! Knee jerk!!

EXACTLY the answer I expected (and wanted)! Well, you have painted yourself into a corner now, because as you say, it's about how teams set up against us.
That has nothing to do with the pitch/stadium!
Try re-reading what he actually said.

Back