• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fatigue

Part of Ferguson's rotation policy is to do with giving his entire first team squad game time. Sure he's resting players, but he is in effect letting all the players know that they are valuable team members and not just backups to be called on as a last resort. It's good man management.

I also think Fergie is not afraid to drop a player who is not in form, irrespective of who they are. If you are guaranteed your spot no matter how bad you're playing it will do little to motivate you to try harder. Fairly obvious isn't it.

I think this is Fergusons greatest strength his squad rotation.

Simply don't buy this excuse. Barcelona play more games than anyone every season, on top of that, most of their players play for Spain and get to the latter stages of international tournaments every 2 seasons, doesn't affect them.

Last edited:
Part of Ferguson's rotation policy is to do with giving his entire first team squad game time. Sure he's resting players, but he is in effect letting all the players know that they are valuable team members and not just backups to be called on as a last resort. It's good man management.

I also think Fergie is not afraid to drop a player who is not in form, irrespective of who they are. If you are guaranteed your spot no matter how bad you're playing it will do little to motivate you to try harder. Fairly obvious isn't it.

He took Rooney off against Wigan. He responded by scoring two goals in the next game.

He also dropped Ashley Young, possibly punishing him for diving.

Most of the players in our team don't have any serious competition for their places, not a good thing. Our first 11 picks itself most games, that ain't good either.

I think this is Fergusons greatest strength his squad rotation.

Fergie can bring on Berbatov for Rooney, Nani for Young.

We have Two Saints and Bentley...

I agree with you though. He is a master-manager in every department. 'Arry gets plaudits for his man-management but Sir Alex is also excellent at keeping his players motivated. Not just the first teamers, but the entire squad.

Last edited:
He took Rooney off against Wigan. He responded by scoring two goals in the next game.

He also dropped Ashley Young, possibly punishing him for diving.

Most of the players in our team don't have any serious competition for their places, not a good thing. Our first 11 picks itself most games, that ain't good either.

I'm in agreement with you mostly but our squad isn't that bad. The problem is that they're marginalised and unmotivated. And then when they are called upon they're not 'game sharp' and perform badly, and are subsequently dropped. It is a self perpetuating cycle. Our squad is full of international players which is more than can be said of most of our competition. Yes we're not Utd, but often I've never even heard of the players that face us up, and I watch football all the time!!

When we were on our winning run Harry could have been introducing maybe one or two players for a few games. It is a lot easier to do it when you are winning. Now we're not wining we don't trust the squad to dig us out when the big guns aren't performing. Hardly inspiring is it?

Fatigue can be of the mental variety too and this is what we are seeing now I believe. Our spontaneity has disappeared along with our luck and we have little else to fall back on it appears.

Simply don't buy this excuse. Barcelona play more games than anyone every season, on top of that, most of their players play for Spain and get to the latter stages of international tournaments every 2 seasons, doesn't affect them.

My theory is that it's not about minutes, but effort needed to compensate for lack of tactics.

The ball does most of the running for Barca. Our players run more to make up for a lack of tactics/strategy.

Messi 4684
Vald?®s 4500
Alves 3957
Mascherano 3956
Busquets 3643
Xavi 3469
Puyol 3123
F?ábregas 3115
Abidal 3114
Iniesta 2837
Thiago 2763
Total 39161

That's 6798 minutes more than our 11 this season. 618 more minutes per player.

it's the uniforms.. uh nah it's actually the type of grass on our training pitch that's super leg-sappy... actually it's the angle that the stands at WHL are slanted, we get less direct sunlight than other teams at home, therefore have a decreased level of vitamin D and less energy.. THATS IT! THATS WHY WE'VE UNDERACHIEVED AT THE END OF SEASONS ALL THESE YEARS! .. or nah it's the low camera angle..

Back