• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FAO Aussies

ess

Jason Cundy
Me and a couple of friends are moving to Brisbane for 6 months in July as exchange students. We need a place to stay. Is there an equivalent to craigslist in your country? I know there is an Australian craigslist but it seems rather inactive.

Im no Aussie but I think the Aussies coming to the UK in return have the better end of the deal.

Loved reading Boris Johnson's comments to the Olympic volunteers about being less Brit, more Aussie. When in doubt, do what Craig McLachlan would do.

Loved reading Boris Johnson's comments to the Olympic volunteers about being less Brit, more Aussie. When in doubt, do what Craig McLachlan would do.

25648.jpg

ive spent about 3 months in Oz over 2 trips and id far rather live there than the UK if im honest...

I have spent about the same time over two trips also. Darwin, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra and Brisbane and only Melbourne truly hit the spot with me.

The majority of people who go to Oz love it but I didnt. It didnt really do it for me. Then again you cant really judge whether you would want to live there or not on the basis of being there for three months on holidays.

My initial post was facetious but thinking about it I would never live there.

Believe me mate, I thought I would absolutely hate living in Oz. I was so against it that me and the wife came close to breaking up (she was desperate to move back closer to her family).

The reality of it is though that my quality of life here far surpasses what it was in the UK (as much as it pains me to say it).

Just spent 4 months out in Oz, didnt think mucj of the cities at all, only Melbourne gets ant credit from me. Sydney was a hole. Absolutley freeking loved the outback though.

Why was Sydney a hole? Consistently rated one of the best cities to live in.

The nightlife in Sydney can be a little bit dicey, but a part from that it's fantastic. I can't wait to move back.

Must admit that Sydney doesn't really do much for me. It's a big city, and has all of the negatives that comes with being a big city. However, you can't really complain considering the stunning Blue Mountains are just an hour or two drive away.

Back