• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Family of 5 in a Hotel room

philspursuk

Sean Davis
So, I am blessed with 3 children and a lovely wife. But I am cursed when trying to find a Hotel room. My children are 13, 9 and 5. Would you book for the max of 4 in a room and sneak the little one in or book two rooms.

I'm saying latter, Mrs is saying former..........

Yeah I've had a look at that roomfor5 website, but it actually works out cheaper to get 2 rooms at Travelodge. The Mrs concerns are around safety !! Mine are around cost I guess.

book a junior suite or a one bedroom suite...get the pull out sofa and a rollabed, shove them all in the lounge, take the bedroom. OR get two rooms with an adjoining room door between them...don't try and shoehorn them all in mate, you'll all be fudging miserable...

Yeah I've had a look at that roomfor5 website, but it actually works out cheaper to get 2 rooms at Travelodge. The Mrs concerns are around safety !! Mine are around cost I guess.

Just ask them to give you two rooms with an adjoining door! They must be able to do that! Then you can leave the adjoining door(s) open between rooms!

See this is why no kids. You would have more money to stay at a lovelier hotel and just fudge.

In all seriousness I echo what the others have said - you can pay a surcharge and they put roll up beds etc So you get a four person room and also pay for another temp bed (usually around like 20 quid). Alternatively just shove the kids in the balcony.

As a revenue manager for one of the worlds largest hotel companies, I would advise you to look for hotels with Double Doubles (Two double beds) and then ask for a rollaway bed. Although if you are looking in London the chances of this are slim without paying stupid amounts as the rooms tend to be smaller than average

Alternatively if you do get two rooms, definitely make sure you get a connecting (adjoining) room and you can have the door between the two rooms open or at least ajar and then keep the main door locked (always keep the door locked when you are in the room or you'll get some dozy housekeeper walking in mid brick/shag/toss

I can do you a room at Heathrow in a double double or connecting for a decent price I'm sure. just depends if you want to be a bit further out of town?

Stayed at quite a few hotels in the past. Bigger families get two rooms with connecting doors. Will cost twice the price but hey you should have wrapped it up ;)

Did you get the one you wanted with the 3rd?? or did you end up with 3 boys/girls>?

Just wondering as a father of 2 boys.

Back