• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fake twitter ITK bull

Can't believe people are seeing the "ITK" as the bad guy in this story, that Chang is a f**king bully and a thug who should be sacked for this incident...

Can't believe people are seeing the "ITK" as the bad guy in this story, that Chang is a f**king bully and a thug who should be sacked for this incident...

On the flipside..

Goon fan sets up twitter, gets lucky, gets 40k folliowers, we are after Isco in 10m deal in under radar bid as they don't want malaga fans upset at selling the new upcoming spanish superstar on the cheap as they need the money. Goon fan tweets we are in for him. Price goes up to 15m as Chelsea offers 15m.

Who are you tinkled of with as a Tottenham fan.

Take the above and imagine that scenario with us signing Oscar this summer.

IMO the goon fan should be taken to the tower and hung drawn and quartered.

Its even worse if its one of your own.

Last edited:
On the flipside..

Goon fan sets up twitter, gets lucky, gets 40k folliowers, we are after Isco in 10m deal in under radar bid as they don't want malaga fans upset at selling the new upcoming spanish superstar on the cheap as they need the money. Goon fan tweets we are in for him. Price goes up to 15m as Chelsea offers 15m.

Disagree. Twitter "ITK" guesswork should be treated as such. This Jenkins bloke happend to get lucky twice (not that lucky, Borini and Sahin were linked everywhere to liverpool, he just got the timing right) and it's pretty unlikely. Also I think (if Chang wasn't trumping which wouldn't surprise me) that Roma overeacted and most clubs in 99% of the cases won't up the price because of some obscure twitter dude.

Anyway, I don't know if you read the original blog article, you should. Chang comes off as a complete thug and I hope liverpool sack him.

On the flipside..

Its even worse if its one of your own.

but what if that's a guess - a wild stab in the dark that actually has no basis in fact? there's no leak, no ITK, just pure coincidence or a lucky guess...

it's no-one's 'fault'.

Disagree. Twitter "ITK" guesswork should be treated as such. This Jenkins bloke happend to get lucky twice (not that lucky, Borini and Sahin were linked everywhere to liverpool, he just got the timing right) and it's pretty unlikely. Also I think (if Chang wasn't trumping which wouldn't surprise me) that Roma overeacted and most clubs in 99% of the cases won't up the price because of some obscure twitter dude.

Anyway, I don't know if you read the original blog article, you should. Chang comes off as a complete thug and I hope liverpool sack him.

Apparently the guy is worshiped like a GHod on RAWK, he gets things like starting lineups correct as well, and this isn't just about the two instances over Sahin and Borini, you could argue that he gets so much right that he does have contacts and is now protecting them, as any journalist would. So to protect he is playing the windup number that so many played when the window closed.

Re: What Is It About Liverpool...

None - which why I believe editors need to restructure/reasses thier templates and put an end no no-source stories. That or clubs must sue for libel on every such headline

Impossible in an online age and beside, most suspect stories are reported as rumour and are vaguely worded, there would be nothing to sue over.

so basically without freedom of speech there would be no issue?

brilliant.

Let them do it, I don't particularly care.

Just hope they know and can expect some sort of legal action if it ends up costing people money as shown by Liverpools actions.

For me though, why would someone want to risk costing Tottenham more money, especially a Tottenham fan, just so they can be popular on the internetz! I don't care about ITK on the whole, but I will be mightly tinkled off if an ITK cost the club money and I do hope they hunt them down and out them for who they are should they do so.

And to add, its not about free speech at all, to use an euphemism... whats the first rule of fight club?

Last edited:
Let them do it, I don't particularly care.

Just hope they know and can expect some sort of legal action if it ends up costing people money as shown by Liverpools actions.

For me though, why would someone want to risk costing Tottenham more money, especially a Tottenham fan, just so they can be popular on the internetz! I don't care about ITK on the whole, but I will be mightly tinkled off if an ITK cost the club money and I do hope they hunt them down and out them for who they are should they do so.

And to add, its not about free speech at all, to use an euphemism... whats the first rule of fight club?

Then the same should apply to newspapers and their 'exclusives' from their sources.

Re: What Is It About Liverpool...

Impossible in an online age and beside, most suspect stories are reported as rumour and are vaguely worded, there would be nothing to sue over.

The first signs of this 'possibility' have already shown (apart from this very story) - Unknown already made reference to this back in August

I'd be interested in hearing whether those arguing for action to be taken against people who post false information on social media think that the same should be done to people who do the same on message boards?

There is barely a thread on here that does not contain an unsubstantiated rumour or an opinion on an individual posted as fact?

I'd be interested in hearing whether those arguing for action to be taken against people who post false information on social media think that the same should be done to people who do the same on message boards?

There is barely a thread on here that does not contain an unsubstantiated rumour or an opinion on an individual posted as fact?

Like claiming a certain player is brick? That is an opinion and oftern qualified as such.

Unless of course you're referring to more serious allegations.

No one on here posts itk rubbish without getting mountains of abuse in return from brave soldiers like Arcy and me.

We're performing a public service.

You're welcome.

Are there any signs other than Unknown's comments?

The very existence of this thread and its related article

I have little intention to try and convince you otherwise, seeing that you've made up your mind already. But I strongly believe there will be considerable 'amendments' to the online media exchange landscape in the future as it has been hinted already.

nothing stopping selling club to "buy" the services of an influential blogger/tweeter. all part of new marketing and pr devices available to sales and marketing folks to create brands and sell stuff.

T.... I strongly believe there will be considerable 'amendments' to the online media exchange landscape in the future as it has been hinted already.

This is inevitable.

Recent cases where some people have got prison senses for offensive comments on twitter and Facebook while others get fines or are let off shows too much inconsistency. The authorities in Britain have announced some sort of review (by the CPS?).

A second issue is that online "publishers" such as Facebook have generally been able to claim no responsibility for what people publish on the sites. A newspaper would never be able to say the same about printed letters from readers. There are obvious differences but the laws need to be adapted for the digital age.

Whether the changes good ones or not is an open question. I doubt that casual ITK speculation on forums and twitter would be affected. However, if people set up accounts and make claims that they are presenting accurate information then they might be vulnerable. You'd hope it was only in extreme cases.

This Liverpool case shouldn't be one of them. The guy described himself as a perspiring journalist so it was obviously a parody account.

Back