• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fair play Daniel Levy

...and levy prepared for this eventuality - by bringing in Baldini. Not sure if AVB would call Baldini friend or foe now though.

How do you know after the initial 6 months that everyone says foreigners need to settle in, that we wouldn't have started to look better in attack? I thought we were using a big squad well, there's no point signing all of these players only to not play half of them.

I can also list a fair few examples of when we've gone behind / getting outplayed only for him to change things and win us the game.

I dont think the way we attacked was why he went.

I though this sacking is more down to shipping 11 goals in 2 games and the head coach refusing to change the high line enough though it was obvious to everyone watching we were getting beat for pace repeatedly. Levy surely saw he was employing a manager welded to his ideology even in the face of evidence that it was costing us goals.

I dont think the way we attacked was why he went.

I though this sacking is more down to shipping 11 goals in 2 games and the head coach refusing to change the high line enough though it was obvious to everyone watching we were getting beat for pace repeatedly. Levy surely saw he was employing a manager welded to his ideology even in the face of evidence that it was costing us goals.

I understand that, it's fair enough.

But it just comes back to the fact we are trying to build something. Playing deep sometimes and pressing high in other games doesn't establish a way of playing. The only way these players will get better at it is by playing it competitively, which is where the idea that we need to go through some pain to get to where we want to be comes from.

I don't think it's impossible for Dawson to play a high line BTW, nor was it impossible for Terry. Those guys probably need a quick partner but if it was as simple as knocking the ball over the top of us even the very worst teams would beat us repeatedly. There is more to it than that.

2 weeks to the Transfer window opening and Levy not wanting to throw the season away. So promise a new manager some cash to spend in Jan and hald a season to do something. Makes the timing seem very relevant.

**** Daniel Levy. It's that bald ****s tightness in the transfer market that has probably got us to this stage anyway. ***.

2 weeks to the Transfer window opening and Levy not wanting to throw the season away. So promise a new manager some cash to spend in Jan and hald a season to do something. Makes the timing seem very relevant.

Agreed. The timing makes sense.

That is only if a new permanent manager is in our sights and will be available and signed sooner rather than later. If we're going to have a temp like Sherwood, Freund or Hoddle until the summer and then make a post World Cup decision that logic no longer applies though.

Agreed. The timing makes sense.

That is only if a new permanent manager is in our sights and will be available and signed sooner rather than later. If we're going to have a temp like Sherwood, Freund or Hoddle until the summer and then make a post World Cup decision that logic no longer applies though.

Blimey we really are back to 2003 again aren't we. Scary.

He's had 80 games to prove himself. The football has been uninspiring throughout that period. If it hadn't been for Bale bailing him out time after time last season, he'd have gone months ago.
On stats the big question mark for me is what Harry's win percentage would have been if he had been allowed a fraction of AVB's budget during those two January windows when we were desperate for a striker.

Blimey we really are back to 2003 again aren't we. Scary.

Nowhere near it if you have a look at our squad.

A better comparison would be the Ramos-Redknapp handover of power, only our points total is better by some factor probably close enough to infinity not to make a difference.

**** Daniel Levy. It's that bald ****s tightness in the transfer market that has probably got us to this stage anyway. ***.

I agree to an extent.

He ****ed us royally by not allowing Redknapp to at least acquire one of his targets in the 11/12 January window. Say what you want about Redknapp but letting him sign just one of his targets would have guaranteed us third imo...thus keeping Luka most probably....thus going on to sign a world class player or 2 due to CL qualification. Meh what could have been.

He's had 80 games to prove himself. The football has been uninspiring throughout that period. If it hadn't been for Bale bailing him out time after time last season, he'd have gone months ago.
On stats the big question mark for me is what Harry's win percentage would have been if he had been allowed a fraction of AVB's budget during those two January windows when we were desperate for a striker.

wasn't he offered Suarez whilst he was at Ajax in one January window?

one of my big concerns with Redknapp was that i was unsure as to whether he was capable of signing the top players needed in our position. he done very well with signing the players which helped let the stars shine and balance out the team but the players that we were linked to and the players which he himself admitted being in for/interested in had me worried that once the likes of Bale/Modric etc were no longer here we wouldn't be left with much genuine quality and worse still players on huge salaries with no resale value (which would set us back in terms of future transfer budgets)

He has had 80 games to prove himself, and has emerged from that with the best win % of a spurs manager ever.

Be careful what you wish for.

A fraction of AVB's budget? You mean about 0 net spend?

wasn't he offered Suarez whilst he was at Ajax in one January window?

one of my big concerns with Redknapp was that i was unsure as to whether he was capable of signing the top players needed in our position. he done very well with signing the players which helped let the stars shine and balance out the team but the players that we were linked to and the players which he himself admitted being in for/interested in had me worried that once the likes of Bale/Modric etc were no longer here we wouldn't be left with much genuine quality and worse still players on huge salaries with no resale value (which would set us back in terms of future transfer budgets)

That was one issue with Redknapp, his inability to just pick a target and say 'this is the one for us'. He IS a wheeler-dealer and needs, possibly on a compulsive level, to buy and sell several players every window.

That was one issue with Redknapp, his inability to just pick a target and say 'this is the one for us'. He IS a wheeler-dealer and needs, possibly on a compulsive level, to buy and sell several players every window.

Didn't he want us to sign Remy too? Another one that could have been.

It's not just Arry that Levy hamstrung, last season our strikers' display was pathetic and one of them was going to the ACN but Levy STILL didn't feel the need to act.

David Villa?

Nah, can't be bothered to pay the extra £5

I could possibly be Levy's biggest critic but not backed the manager in the transfer market are you f u c k i n g mental or something we spent 100m in the summer. If anything avb made it harder for every manager coming after him because i can not see levy backing a manager like that again.

We need to sell some players first we have to many for the same position of a similar level.

I could possibly be Levy's biggest critic but not backed the manager in the transfer market are you f u c k i n g mental or something we spent 100m in the summer. If anything avb made it harder for every manager coming after him because i can not see levy backing a manager like that again.

We need to sell some players first we have to many for the same position of a similar level.

He only backed AVB because he knew he was getting **** loads of money from Gareth Bale. Simple as that.

Can you imagine if he actually backed him the window before and we signed Moutinho and ones he wanted!?

He only backed AVB because he knew he was getting **** loads of money from Gareth Bale. Simple as that.

Can you imagine if he actually backed him the window before and we signed Moutinho and ones he wanted!?

If you think one player would have made all the difference we are to far apart in views to discuss it. Why did we not sign a Moutinho type player in the summer then.

Who got to choose who we signed in the summer because when i suggested that director of football was to blame again people mocked me. Either it was avb or Baldini to blame for where we are. I really dislike levy for the whole jol thing but he is pretty clean in this latest farce in my eyes.

If you think one player would have made all the difference we are to far apart in views to discuss it. Why did we not sign a Moutinho type player in the summer then.

Who got to choose who we signed in the summer because when i suggested that director of football was to blame again people mocked me. Either it was avb or Baldini to blame for where we are. I really dislike levy for the whole jol thing but he is pretty clean in this latest farce in my eyes.

I have no doubt Levy has more say in signings than AVB. Which is wrong to an extent.

Back