• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Excitement loo

Alex

Scott Houghton
My greatest worry is that I'm yet to be excited in a Spurs game this year... bar Old Trafford which is turning into a bit of a strange one. How we won there I have no idea.

Even with our few victories we haven't played good football nor have we really

Apologies - I didn't mean to post this. Clicked POST by accident. Please delete.

I've not been excited for a loooong time. Probably since the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game when we won 5-0 to be honest. I have no idea why I just don't seem to care if we lose anymore especially to the likes of Wigan. I think our run at the end of the season complete with the amazing Olympics has made me realise this brick is just a game, why let it bring you down.

My greatest worry is that I'm yet to be excited in a Spurs game this year... bar Old Trafford which is turning into a bit of a strange one. How we won there I have no idea.

Even with our few victories we haven't played good football nor have we really

The answer is having Dembele in the team. That's how we beat ManU away ! Dembele was the only player ManU were scared about facing. And we are still unbeaten in all the matches that Dembele have played. If we want to achiehe something this season, we need Dembele back fast !

don't think ive been excited since we went 2-0 up against Arsenal

Don't tell me you were not excited when we led 2-0 at ManU this season ? And you were not excited when we actually beat them 3-2 ? I don't care if we are going to get relegated under AVB, but beating ManU away after all those years will be one of the best ever Spurs moment for me. It ranks up there with winning the 1991 FA Cup and 2008 CC.

Pff, some people..

Win the next league game and things are fine again (tough game though...). It's a new manager, a team stripped of two very good players and riddled with injuries.

5th, level with 4th, after 10 games is a decent return so far. 10 games and people are worried. QPR fans have grounds to be worried, Spurs fans not.. if the rot continues, then yes of course.

I thought we played well against Villa. Nice fluid football. Apart from that, and a few halves here and there, we've been struggling with finding our rhythm, I think. Still though, we're not ever going to get to a point where we're going to dominate every game.

Don't tell me you were not excited when we led 2-0 at ManU this season ? And you were not excited when we actually beat them 3-2 ? I don't care if we are going to get relegated under AVB, but beating ManU away after all those years will be one of the best ever Spurs moment for me. It ranks up there with winning the 1991 FA Cup and 2008 CC.

yea good point, i was just trying to illustrate that this 'feeling' that some are experiencing goes back a bit further than simply since AVB took charge. i know a lot of people were destroyed last season after the manner in which we threw away our lead over Arsenal and the pathetic semi-final turnout against Chelsea - can take a while to get over such a calamity - could even be a part reason as to why the crowd are so disgruntled atm

yea good point, i was just trying to illustrate that this 'feeling' that some are experiencing goes back a bit further than simply since AVB took charge. i know a lot of people were destroyed last season after the manner in which we threw away our lead over Arsenal and the pathetic semi against Chelsea - can take a while to get over such a calamity

In addition to the way we lost out on the CL..

In addition to the way we lost out on the CL..

yeah that as well, although personally once they got to the final i knew we were out of it so come the actual game i was just going through the motions of expecting anything good to happen. the final 3rd of last season was disastrous for us and hurt a lot people - not try to point fingers or play the blame game, that's all been done a thousand times on here. but i think people would be wise to remember that an end to a season like that is going to knock the stuffing out of a lot of fans and could be felt for a while

Sounds well dodgy...can just see the headlines

'North London premier league side Tottenham Hotspurs have taken an unusual approach to providing the home fans with some much needed relief and entertaiment after some poor home performances, with the installation of a state of the art 'Excitement Loo'. Head coach Andre Villas Boas explained the thinking..'we have had some very inefficient performances against superior teams at our home ground, which the fans have not been pleased with, so I spoke to the players and then I spoke to the Chairman, Mr Levy about how we could improve the mood of our fans. I sent out my scouts to all the other premier league matches for the last few weeks and complied an extensive dossier of the things we saw, the strengths and weakenesses, and then we spent a whole week coming up with ideas and plan and lots of charts and graphics to help illustrate to the players what the solution is, and how we can improve the mood of our fans. We showed Mr Levy our recommendations and based on that he agreed we should install an Excitement Loo. Some fans say at home our play is s@@@ and are clearly not enjoying being here, so I thought how can we help them enjoy their s@@@ more and the answer was obvious after that. I look at the past results of the club and the history and you can see we have been serving s@@@ up to the fans for decades now, so hopefully the Excitement Loo will turn our season around.'

I'll get my coat..

yeah that as well, although personally once they got to the final i knew we were out of it so come the actual game i was just going through the motions of expecting anything good to happen. the final 3rd of last season was disastrous for us and hurt a lot people - not try to point fingers or play the blame game, that's all been done a thousand times on here. but i think people would be wise to remember that an end to a season like that is going to knock the stuffing out of a lot of fans and could be felt for a while

I don't think I've ever felt as empty after a game. I've felt disappointment, frustration or anger after losing big games including finals, but there was something about that game. The bad luck, the unfairness, the sense that we had lost a huge opportunity to move forwards. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough to keep Modric, but it might have helped in other deals. Mountinho might have been keener to come rather than just open to the idea, perhaps Leandro or another striker would have been interested. It felt like the progress from ten years under Levy was swept away with one missed penalty by a German. Then the sacking of 'Arry, the saga of Modric and disappointment at the end of the transfer window added to the sense of drift.

^ and i think AVB is now having to deal with the fall out from it all, losing our best players meaning a possible step back in terms of quality and having to re motivate a club which came so close but ultimately fell apart at the final hurdle in heart breaking fashion. i have no doubt there would be a similar vibe here had we not changed managers - possibly it would be worse as a fresh change often brings with it a sense of optimism - regroup and start anew. which we wouldn't have had, had we stuck with the previous manager.

Back