• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League Record

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Weve scored the most goals in the history of the Europa League

73 goals in 37 games played

I still 99% of games utterly tedious though hahaha

Im growing to like it more and more, would really miss not sitting down to see Spurs on a Thursday night!
Especially since Sky have now almost disowned us for live games! The away matches though are normally very dull but my wee boy just loves them being on.

Thanks for the info Marky, there is sooo much to enjoy about our EL games, last night was the most enjoyable game of the season for me.

Europa league is a fun exercise in football risk taking for me. Gets harder deeper into the competition when the stakes are higher.

What I find the most disappointing aspect of these games is that this is an opportunity for fringe players to push for a starting place and only Harry Kane has looked any good, Dembele, Townsend & Chiriches have gone backwards.

What I find the most disappointing aspect of these games is that this is an opportunity for fringe players to push for a starting place and only Harry Kane has looked any good, Dembele, Townsend & Chiriches have gone backwards.

Dembele was good in the last game.

That is harsh, I though Dembele had a very good game in midfield

I don't see him making many forward passes, he goes past a player then lays it off back or sideways. With his strength and control I expect more in an attacking role.

I don't see him making many forward passes, he goes past a player then lays it off back or sideways. With his strength and control I expect more in an attacking role.
^^^This! AND 99% of the times he passes backwards or sideways, he COULD have passed forwards, but he always takes that extra turn or dribble instead of releasing the ball!!
He really slows the game and spoils any forward momentum!
If only someone could get it into his head to pass FORWARD on first or second touch, he could be brilliant, but I've just about given up on him. #-o

Last edited:
^^^This! AND 99% of the times he passes backwards or sideways, he COULD have passed forwards, but he always takes that extra turn or dribble instead of releasing the ball!!
He really slows the game and spoils any forward momentum!
If only someone could get it into his head to pass FORWARD on first or second touch, he could be brilliant, but I've just about given up on him. #-o

Yaya toure at Barca in his early days was very similar.. Demebele is now a couple of years older than Toure (at Barca) but has same strength and ability to push on and step up to the next level.

I am so pleased we have scored so many goals in this competition that we have not won, I know we won the Uefa cup in the 80's but this competition we have not won and ohhhh I don't know but that old thing about not winning after a Europa league match I think is more important then beating a bunch of part timers from Cyprus.

Shame we threw this competition away so many times. If we had taken it seriously when we had the chances, maybe now we'd be looking back on our good side from the Harry days thinking, winning the EL against Atletico was a real high. Now it looks like we traded shots at European trophies for 5th and 6th place finishes, and a run in the CL.

Its pretty small time to cast wistful glances back at one season in the CL 5 years ago. A EL win would have stayed in our history books for ever.

Back