• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 24/25

Our 3-0 victory at Sheffield United on the final day of the Premier League season on Sunday rubber-stamped a fifth-place finish and a spot in next season’s UEFA Europa League.

It means we’ll return to the competition for the first time since 2020/21, although the tournament will take a different format to the one we last contested.

From next season (2024/25), the previous group stage, where teams were divided into groups of four, will become a single 36-team league stage.

Each club faces eight different teams once, four at home and four away. The top eight advance directly to the round of 16, while sides finishing from ninth to 24th will contest the knockout round play-offs, with the winners of all eight two-legged ties going through to the last 16.

From the last 16 onwards, the tournament then takes a straight knockout format, with two-legged ties through until a single-leg final on 21 May, 2025, at the Estadio de San Mamés in Bilbao, Spain.

For certain clubs to try to qualify for the initial league stage, there will be three qualifying rounds and then a play-off round in July and August.

However, by virtue of our fifth-place finish in the Premier League, we have qualified directly for the league stage.

The draw for the league stage will take place on 29 August, 2024,
with match rounds pencilled in as follows...

Matchday 1: 25/26 September, 2024
Matchday 2: 3 October, 2024
Matchday 3: 24 October, 2024
Matchday 4: 7 November, 2024
Matchday 5: 28 November, 2024
Matchday 6: 12 December, 2024
Matchday 7: 23 January, 2025
Matchday 8: 30 January, 2025

The draw for the knockout round play-offs, for the clubs finishing ninth to 24th, will take place on 31 January, 2025, with the two legs of those ties set to be played on 13 and 20 February, 2025.

The draw for the round of 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals will be held on 21 February, 2025, with match dates pencilled in as follows...

Round of 16: 6 and 13 March, 2025
Quarter-finals: 10 and 17 April, 2025
Semi-finals: 1 and 8 May, 2025
Final: 21 May, 2025

Dates are subject to change.

The 2024/25 UEFA Europa League winners gain a place in the league stage of the 2025/26 UEFA Champions League, if they have not qualified via their domestic league.

How solid are those dates for the group games, anyone any idea?

Rock solid. They won't change. The only thing might be if there are two teams from the same city playing at home, then one might be played the day before. Not very likely though, but it happened this season.
Excellent, I can make the first one and the one at the end of October, just need them to be at home, so they won't be.

Interesting that the first round of group matches for the CL and EL are played in different weeks. The ECL doesn't join them until the second round and then finish with a separate round on 19 December, while the former two carry on in January. All the knockout round playoffs are then played in the same two weeks in February.

It's going to be hell if any clubs in Europe go far in the league cup or have any postponed matches.

I hate the new format already. What's the point behind that?
More games = more money

But I kind of like it. You get to play 8 different teams. With the old format, teams often ended up in a group with the same teams year after year.

I can wait to see that 36 team league table once it all gets started! We'll need to break it up into several screenshots to post it on here lol!

Rock solid. They won't change. The only thing might be if there are two teams from the same city playing at home, then one might be played the day before. Not very likely though, but it happened this season.
I take it the games will alternate from home to away each week?

Feck me we've lost a lot of coefficiency points! Think we were on about 70 at one stage. We really need to do well in this, preferably win it! Should be doable!
1000005459.jpg

Back