• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

You want two things from these draws:

1. Crap opponents
2. Minimal travelling

I'll await talkSPORT's many European football experts to gain a better knowledge of our opponents credentials but trips to Bulgaria, Austria and Belgium are significantly more palatable than Azerbaijan, Greece and the Arctic Circle (where we have been before!)

The actual fixture dates will be revealed later but our proceeding PL games are:

Burnley away
Brighton home
WBA away
Chelsea away
Woolwich home
Palace away

It will be interesting to see what happens if Chelsea have a Tuesday game on MD5 as one of us will have to compromise and play twice in 48 hrs (i.e. we play Thurs - Sat or they plan Sun - Tues). UEFA certainly wont plan their schedules around domestic situations.
Um, not much difference between Greece and Bulgaria. Extra 10 minute flight time. And you definitely much rather play in Greece than Bulgaria. But yeah, not having to travel to Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, or Uzbeki-beki-bekistan (Herman Caine - 2012) is a plus. And the Bulgaria trip is between the Brighton and West Brom games, so not bad at all.

Um, not much difference between Greece and Bulgaria. Extra 10 minute flight time. And you definitely much rather play in Greece than Bulgaria. But yeah, not having to travel to Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, or Uzbeki-beki-bekistan (Herman Caine - 2012) is a plus. And the Bulgaria trip is between the Brighton and West Brom games, so not bad at all.
Villaral got a terrible group. They have to go to Azerbaijan, Israel and Turkey!

Think it was Gomes? But yea clearly got the ball, it went in the opposite direction yet the blatantly corrupt ref gave a pen.

Dani Alves was awesome in the leg at WHL, the C!

Edit: actually think I’m mixing up with Inter away for the Gomes incident.

Yep it was Robbo...very similar incident to the Gomes one at Old Trafford in 2009. In the opening 20 mins in the return leg Sevilla was as good as any team I have seen us face at WHL Bar Bayern Munich last year.....if only we could have got their Coach....would definitely have won something under him even if just a League Cup o_O

It is a fair draw for us. There are no easy matches in Europe. So all our opponents will be tough for us. We need to treat them with due respect, especially Royal Antwerp. Would have preferred us to avoid a Belgium team like them.

Who do we think Jose will give the gloves to in the Europa group Stage? Hart and rest Lloris for the league or Lloris to play all as first choice?

Who do we think Jose will give the gloves to in the Europa group Stage? Hart and rest Lloris for the league or Lloris to play all as first choice?
Hart, I expect. Looking at the teams we are up against.
He's no mug, will approach the games with the right mentality so it's not a huge weakness for us to play him.

Lloris at home, Hart away. Alternatively Lloris for the first 3-4 games and then Hart. Simply to just to focus on enough wins to get us through

Need to remember that our PL games are much easier on paper up to mid November, compared to between mid Nov to mid Dec when we play Man C, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool. I think we'll be looking to win our first 3 games before the November international break and before that run of tough PL games starts. Means we can then play weaker teams in the EL during that tough run of PL games

I imagine the kit manufacturer (Nike?) will be quaking in their boots with a £3k fine.
It is literally worth £30k to them, to appear in the news like this and get discussed.

Surely the kit was the same as the previous games? Surely we’d be fined for each game if that’s the case.

Back