• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ennui or fear?

Neither didnt want to upset the superstitious readers. Anyone got any superstitions on matchday? I never shave on morning of game, been do that for nearly 60 years, doesnt seemed to have helped Spurs much.

I never had any superstitions until Spurs won two straight games while I wore the same blue-checked shirt.

And we all remember the headlines when I didn't wear it and Spurs lost:

"Spurs CRUMBLE after learning man 6,000km away fails to wear lucky shirt".

Not so much superstition, more a family tradition, but when we were younger and going to and from the game on the Tube, we always used to hold our breath as soon as the doors opened when we stopped at Highbury and Islington station. Couldn't breathe again until the doors closed.
Even now, if I look up and notice we are about to come into that station, I secretly do it. Reminds me of my late Dad.

Back