• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

If that is true, and as it stands not being allowed to bring in a levy out banner.. Who wants to club together for a fly past banner 'Levy must go'

tongue in cheek.

i'd donate a score if someone put it together though.

no, let's show some class, that's exactly the sort of stunt someone from the north would pull

no, let's show some class, that's exactly the sort of stunt someone from the north would pull

Levy thinks he is untouchable, I say let's do it.

He needs reminding who 'really owns' this team and who the custodian is. He simply cannot continue to act as the butcher of white hart lane when things go array. It's his decisions that have us where we are right now.

Levy is not a football man. He has been advised poorly by the football people in the club.
Levy has probably attended more football matches than anyone on here in the last ten years and had a far more experience of top end football than any of us will ever had.

At what point does he become a football man and is he really any less of a football man than any other owner/CEO in the Premier League?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ENIC... In? Spurs' league position has outpaced their wage bill pretty consistently under Levy. <a href="http://t.co/9zHZCdq9AK">pic.twitter.com/9zHZCdq9AK</a></p>&mdash; Michael Caley (@MC_of_A) <a href="https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/532493857863499776">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Heard today that Poch has 3 games to turn it around or he is gone.

Also heard Sherwood will replace Baldini

I don't think levy will sack pouch unless we are in the relegation zone for a few games, with little or no sign of improvement.

I'm worried about pouch but it would be madness to sack him now, unless someone like benitez is interested.... Which he won't be.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ENIC... In? Spurs' league position has outpaced their wage bill pretty consistently under Levy. <a href="http://t.co/9zHZCdq9AK">pic.twitter.com/9zHZCdq9AK</a></p>— Michael Caley (@MC_of_A) <a href="https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/532493857863499776">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chart looks better the right way up :D

@MC_of_A: ENIC... In? Spurs' final league positions have pretty consistently outpaced their wage bill in the Daniel Levy era.
B2Pf0x9CcAEjVEF.png:large

I'm torn on the issue of 'ENIC/Levy out' but I think many look too bluntly at it.

We cannot compete financially at all. Not even close. We have to fight with one arm behind our back at all times and, for the most part, we've exceeded expectations. All of a sudden a lot of that has been forgotten because we're going through a period of re-building.

We had a period of steady progression (which has been great) but now we've hit a wobble so many are calling for them to be out. It just feels a little reactionary.

I'm more than aware that this is a potentially very unpopular opinion and I'm not saying that I'm 100% in favour of ENIC/Levy but I think perhaps a little more balance could be added to the debate.

We cannot compete financially at all. Not even close. We have to fight with one arm behind our back at all times and, for the most part, we've exceeded expectations. All of a sudden a lot of that has been forgotten because we're going through a period of re-building.

I don't really think we are going through a stage of rebuilding tbh. ok, maybe in the immediate short term we are. but generally, i think we have hit our ceiling given our finances, and fans are struggling to accept that we that cannot progress much anymore.

i think enic/levy have done superbly. unfortunately the clubs above us are basically uncatchable unless we find some oil under our training ground

I don't really think we are going through a stage of rebuilding tbh. ok, maybe in the immediate short term we are. but generally, i think we have hit our ceiling given our finances, and fans are struggling to accept that we that cannot progress much anymore.

i think enic/levy have done superbly. unfortunately the clubs above us are basically uncatchable unless we find some oil under our training ground

Exactly, unfortunately money dictates success in football and there are 4/5 clubs that simply blow us out of the water.

FFP won't make a bit of difference, so the only way to guarantee success is to sell our soul to a devil. Whether that is a Mansour or a Vincent Tan is the risk that you take...

This .. Everton had figured it out 7 years ago with Moyes

- You want to be best of the rest, invest wisely, buy low, sell high, pick up the occasional good opportunistic deal
- Get Europa regularly and IF the stars align on a year (other teams results, injuries, player breakthroughs) , you could get CL

The fact that Manure has spent a shed load of money, have players on wages above 300k and still don't even look vaguely competitive with City/Cheat$ki should really wake people up. People with the daydream that 1 or 2 players would really change our team, it won't makes us CL regulars.

We need to solidify our position in 5th/6th, beat the teams below us and be placed for the time/place opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately I don't think Spurs fans can/will accept this.

Grounds for optimism looking at what clubs like Atletico Madrid, Dortmund and ourselves have done in the past.

Not sure it takes oil under the training ground, but it does take some things to come together at the same time. When we did break into the CL we had talented players turning into superstars, several very clever signings and a manager that worked really well with that squad of players as well as bigger clubs keeping their noses out of our squad for a bit. Probably impossible to maintain that kind of performance over time, the money will catch up, but certainly possible to replicate what we did then. It probably takes a bit of time though.

This .. Everton had figured it out 7 years ago with Moyes

- You want to be best of the rest, invest wisely, buy low, sell high, pick up the occasional good opportunistic deal
- Get Europa regularly and IF the stars align on a year (other teams results, injuries, player breakthroughs) , you could get CL

The fact that Manure has spent a shed load of money, have players on wages above 300k and still don't even look vaguely competitive with City/Cheat$ki should really wake people up. People with the daydream that 1 or 2 players would really change our team, it won't makes us CL regulars.

We need to solidify our position in 5th/6th, beat the teams below us and be placed for the time/place opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately I don't think Spurs fans can/will accept this.

A lot of people think that this season with United and Liverpool in a mess should have been one of those opportunities.

haven't we already done that, level complete, what's next?

Grounds for optimism looking at what clubs like Atletico Madrid, Dortmund and ourselves have done in the past.

Not sure it takes oil under the training ground, but it does take some things to come together at the same time. When we did break into the CL we had talented players turning into superstars, several very clever signings and a manager that worked really well with that squad of players as well as bigger clubs keeping their noses out of our squad for a bit. Probably impossible to maintain that kind of performance over time, the money will catch up, but certainly possible to replicate what we did then. It probably takes a bit of time though.

youre right. diamonds under our training ground will do the trick too :D

in all seriousness, dortmund only have to beat one super club. so when they have an "off" year, dortmund can pounce (provided they have some luck too). the problem for us is that we need way too many clubs to have an off year if we are to win the league. and that makes it exponentially harder for us. and fwiw, i think we are a club of similar stature to dortmund, and about as good as them on the pitch too. just look at arsenal. over the past few seasons, they have finished above Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea and man utd individually. But not all of them at the same time. and for us, its even harder than it is for arsenal. but even our primary goal of top 4 is very difficult given that there are probably 6 teams going for those spots. and we are (with liverpool) the weakest of the teams fighting for these positions.

what atletico did last season was a miracle. and was mainly down to luck.i have no doubt that with a miracle we could win too. but thats precisely what we need: a miracle. something that comes around probably once every few decades. and i say what atletico did last year was a miracle based largely on luck because, they simply cannot and will not repeat those feats. if it was mainly skill that got them there, they would be able to replicate those processes. but i think we all know, they are unable do that.

the problem for teams like us and arsenal is that we can't ever build a cohesive team. and a well gelled team with good indivudal players is what is needed to make an "efficient side". both us and arsenal are capable of buying good players. but we cant maintain a team for any long period.

over time, if the same players play with each other, they get to understand each other, and become finely tuned with their roles within the team. this usually means some of the better players pick up more key roles within the team, and the team plays to make sure that these better players are able to express themselves fully. ie. luka modric in his final seasons with us. unfortunately, when we (or arsenal) develop an "efficiency" within our team in this manner, our key players are taken away from us. and the whole process of building a team starts again. and the cohesion between the players is lost etc.

this was the case for us when the likes of carrick, bale, modric, berbatov left. for arsenal; rvp, nasri, fabregas, henry etc.

look at teams like chelsea, man utd or Emirates Marketing Project, they dont lose their marquee players. when their star players are angling for a move, these clubs can offer the players "ridiculous" money to keep them on. thus they dont lose anything in the balance of the side. rooney is a great example of what i mean here. twice he tried to move, and man utd had the financial capacity (some would argue stupidty) to keep him. imagine if he was our (or arsenal's) player. he would no doubt have moved on. yaya toure is another example.

in short, the moment we are starting to build something resembling a successful side, the core of it is always ripped out because there are too many teams with more money than us.

haven't we already done that, level complete, what's next?

we have done that. unfortunately its probably game complete, rather than level complete. we have to wait until the next edition of the game and see if a billionaire has bought us out if we want a new challenge.

Back