• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

This is interesting....we kicked a lot of transfer business into the coming year 23-24. But these post June 2023 events on the balance sheet net out at £109M
View attachment 16961
On the podcast, Milo said he'd done some fag packet sums and reckons our wages will remain the same net.
I thought removing Kane Lloris Dier Perisic (Sanchez Winks) plus loaning Rodon Spence Reguilon Tanganga Ndombele would far outweigh the wages of Porro Vicario Solomon Deki Veliz Phillips VandeVen Johnson??

Even ignoring the loans, that is 6 sales on huge wages and 8 incomings on meh wages?

On the podcast, Milo said he'd done some fag packet sums and reckons our wages will remain the same net.
I thought removing Kane Lloris Dier Perisic (Sanchez Winks) plus loaning Rodon Spence Reguilon Tanganga Ndombele would far outweigh the wages of Porro Vicario Solomon Deki Veliz Phillips VandeVen Johnson??

Even ignoring the loans, that is 6 sales on huge wages and 8 incomings on meh wages?
We'll still pay wages for the players we loan, and subsidise some for those we sell.

I reckon they'll drop quite a bit soon though. Our squad is becoming much younger and only Son and Ndombele are left on superstar wages (previously Kane, Lloris and Perisic would have been on that). Hopefully we'll shed about 10 players net this summer too as we try to debloat

There is zero sense in paying down any of this debt before the bonds mature (I'm not saying you're saying that).

We have lucked out (or skillfully negotiated, take your pick) a large percentage of our debt is at an average of 2.79%....while general market rates tick well above that, you give no-one their money back. (Zero sense). And that's before adding in how inflation has helped as well.

It's actually a feature that makes our club very attractive to an investor.

Also £800+M sounds a lot but I wonder how that will look in 2050?...probably the price of a right back from Brighton?

Of course we can be prudent.
You could stick £20m away every year, and at 5% return (conservative) compounding annually, in 20 years we'd have all the money we need to meet the upcoming bullet payments for the maturing bonds.

It's not a worry imo.

Ironically we're probably foregoing that proposed deposit of £20m pa in naming rights every season.
Except, at present, we’re not sticking £20m away. Instead we’re doing the opposite and reducing cash at hand.

As each of our bonds mature we should pay them off, as refinancing them will likely be significantly more expensive. At present, we’re not making provisions for that, hence (IMO) the stated aim of selling a stake to inject capital.

We still have £50m that can be drawn from the £150m enic set aside. That was extended. I didn't see how much cash we actually had. But it was over £100m in the last financials (if i remeber correctly).
From what I can tell the extra £50m wasn’t injected. I suspect it won’t be either now.

Cash and equivalents was down by over 10% and we’ve got a lot of transfer monies still due to pay.

As each of our bonds mature we should pay them off, as refinancing them will likely be significantly more expensive. At present, we’re not making provisions for that, hence (IMO) the stated aim of selling a stake to inject capital.
None of us knows the exact detail, but we can see the average maturity is 19.4 years from this part of the statement:
Over 90% of our financial borrowings of £851.2m, are at fixed rates, with an average interest rate of 2.79%. The average maturity of all our borrowings is 19.4 years, some of which stretch until 2051

And we can see the earliest maturity date of all the bonds is March 2028, so I'm sure Danny has a stern eye on these things.
from page 37 of https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/v24hfkyo/tottenham-hotspur-limited-300623.pdf
I can't copy and paste the text, seems to be an image, can anyone convert page 37 to text using software?
That page also explains the £637m of loans is composed of £525m of bonds and £112m from Merrill Lynch
And also that the £50m drawdown facility with HSBC expires at Christmas

Except, at present, we’re not sticking £20m away. Instead we’re doing the opposite and reducing cash at hand.

It was a simple example of a hardly crippling method to pay them off.

I think you're panicking about something that will not be a concern unless the arse falls out of football. (Or we get someone new in that runs us terribly:))

We are reducing cash at hand as we try to stay competitive despite the machine being constantly tuned to bring in as much as possible thru the front door...it just all gets mopped up by players/agents/managers, under the constant demands of clubs supporters.
If I was DL I'd be jaded by it tbh. That's why he wants a cash injection, as although he's brought us down this sustainable organic growth route, football inflation runs quicker than that organic growth so we rarely have surplus that can push us through that final ceiling.

Levy hasn’t out anything in as far as I can tell
Joe Lewis and family have put about £150Mmi think wit6 their original investment and the additional £100m
It’s a massive, massive earner for them
its a shame he doesn't want to put in some of his money to secure legendary status after all the brilliant work around the stadium. guess he's just another businessman after all.

It was a simple example of a hardly crippling method to pay them off.

I think you're panicking about something that will not be a concern unless the arse falls out of football. (Or we get someone new in that runs us terribly:))

We are reducing cash at hand as we try to stay competitive despite the machine being constantly tuned to bring in as much as possible thru the front door...it just all gets mopped up by players/agents/managers, under the constant demands of clubs supporters.
If I was DL I'd be jaded by it tbh. That's why he wants a cash injection, as although he's brought us down this sustainable organic growth route, football inflation runs quicker than that organic growth so we rarely have surplus that can push us through that final ceiling.
thfc is certainly a bigger entity now but is it sustainable?
i mean we are paying back the banks on time but how much more events and sponsorships before we breakeven? i imagine if we breakeven its dividends for owners and ploughing the surplus back into player wages to increase bench quality.

None of us knows the exact detail, but we can see the average maturity is 19.4 years from this part of the statement:
Over 90% of our financial borrowings of £851.2m, are at fixed rates, with an average interest rate of 2.79%. The average maturity of all our borrowings is 19.4 years, some of which stretch until 2051

And we can see the earliest maturity date of all the bonds is March 2028, so I'm sure Danny has a stern eye on these things.
from page 37 of https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/v24hfkyo/tottenham-hotspur-limited-300623.pdf
I can't copy and paste the text, seems to be an image, can anyone convert page 37 to text using software?
That page also explains the £637m of loans is composed of £525m of bonds and £112m from Merrill Lynch

Also we paid the last of the loan for the training ground last october (according to ali gold).

Page 37:

The Investec Bank facility used to fund the construction of the new Training Ground and secured against the new Training Ground site was repaid in full on 31 March 2023 and subsequently was nil at the balance sheet date

In September 2019 the Group closed its refinancing of the pre-existing £637,000,000 loans put in place to support the construction of THS and secured against THS. The £637,000,000 stadium refinancing package includes £525,000,000 from issue of long-term bonds to U.S. investors through a private placement and another £112,000,000 from a loan from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, who also managed the bond issue. As at the balance sheet date the refinancing package had an average maturity of 20.5 years and a weighted average coupon of 3.15%.

In June 2021 a further €250,000,000 was raised through the issue of long-term bonds to US investors through a second private placement necessitated by the impact of COVID-19. As at the balance sheet date this tranche of financing had an average maturity of 18.4 years and a weighted average coupon of 2.83%. €50,000,000 of this was used to repay part of the Bank of America Merrill Lynch loan. The remaining £62,000,000 is at an interest rate of 1.4% plus SONIA with a Credit Spread Adjustment.

In March 2023 the facility with Bank of America Merril Lynch was extended by £19,000,000 as part of the debt restructure that saw the Investec loan repaid. The £19,000,000 is at a rate of 1.75% plus SONIA with a Credit Spread Adjustment with a bullet repayment in March 2028.

The earliest maturity date within the refinancing package as a whole is March 2028 and the package has an average maturity of 19.6 years, with a weighted average coupon of 3.14%, net of debt issue costs. The debt stack includes a 30-year tranche, with a bullet repayment in 2051.

The refinancing package is shown in the financial statements net of €4,915,800 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

The Group has a revolving credit facility with HSBC Bank Pl of €50,000,000 expiring in December 2024, also secured against THS. At the balance sheet date €nil (2022: Enil) was drawn.

thfc is certainly a bigger entity now but is it sustainable?
i mean we are paying back the banks on time but how much more events and sponsorships before we breakeven? i imagine if we breakeven its dividends for owners and ploughing the surplus back into player wages to increase bench quality.
It's 100% sustainable as it is. We are profitable as it is, it's just we now choose to plough it back into players. Of course if revenue streams collapse that we have little control over eg TV money, UEFA money then things could go south. But that would effect all clubs and we (and they) would have to cut their cloth accordingly (and I don't doubt that DL would be good a that).

I don't think DL will be taking dividends anytime soon. He's renumerated handsomely via salary anyway (over £100k a week)

its a shame he doesn't want to put in some of his money to secure legendary status after all the brilliant work around the stadium. guess he's just another businessman after all.
Level doesn’t have that kind of money
He is asset rich and rich compared to you or I… but not in football terms

Back