• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

We wouldn’t pay Mane’s wage demands (which weren’t actually particularly unreasonable0.

For Wjinaldum we wouldn’t pay the transfer fee that Saudi Sportswashing Machine demanded (we then paid a higher fee for Sissoko in the last hour of the window).

I think Liverpool signed both players despite having no CL football.
Back then would pay more per week for mane or Harry Kane?
how about more for mane than Hugo Lloris?
That’s the kicker
And I agree, pool do pay more. They earned more at the time and paid more.

That’s the kicker

Talking about the kicker....the reason so many on here give Levy the benefit of the doubt, is because he has put Spurs in a position to now be able to spend at the same level as Liverpool. @DubaiSpur you probably take that for granted somewhat. But it is the most fundamental thing. All clubs have transfer misses.We had some spectacular successes signing some future stars of world football, punching above our weight at the time.

Do we need to address our DoF, recruitment, and Manager appointments? I don't think you'd find a fan or a Director at Spurs who would disagree, we must do better and get back to signing the world's best players before the world knows it. But, crucially, we are now able to sign today's Mane equilivant, when we weren't in the past. We are now on par financially with Liverpool, the goons but not Manu and City. That was not a given when Levy took over 20 years ago.

That’s the kicker
Yes I would pay Mane more than Lloris. A great forward is always going to be rewarded with more money than a top keeper.

If the rate for Mane was less than we paid Kane at the time it says we undervalued Kane relative to his worth on the open market.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Talking about the kicker....the reason so many on here give Levy the benefit of the doubt, is because he has put Spurs in a position to now be able to spend at the same level as Liverpool. @DubaiSpur you probably take that for granted somewhat. But it is the most fundamental thing. All clubs have transfer misses.We had some spectacular successes signing some future stars of world football, punching above our weight at the time.

Do we need to address our DoF, recruitment, and Manager appointments? I don't think you'd find a fan or a Director at Spurs who would disagree, we must do better and get back to signing the world's best players before the world knows it. But, crucially, we are now able to sign today's Mane equilivant, when we weren't in the past. We are now on par financially with Liverpool, the goons but not Manu and City. That was not a given when Levy took over 20 years ago.
Liverpool are still a level above us financially. The last set of results have them with a revenue of roughly 150m more than ourselves.

I believe we are now on par or maybe even bringing in more than Arsenal iirc.

Liverpool are still a level above us financially. The last set of results have them with a revenue of roughly 150m more than ourselves.

That set of results includes getting to 3 finals so it boosted there revenue considerably more than they would normally get. We'll still be behind but not by that much. For Arsenal and Chelsea we will be similar, it will differ year to year depending on cup runs and being in CL.

Yes I would pay Mane more than Lloris. A great forward is always going to be rewarded with more money than a top keeper.

If the rate for Mane was less than we paid Kane at the time it says we undervalued Kane relative to his worth on the open market.

Really
So a guy from Southampton who would still be be unproven for some would be would higher than a wc winning captain or your proven top scorer

Correct
It’s why Liverpool pay more

That set of results includes getting to 3 finals so it boosted there revenue considerably more than they would normally get. We'll still be behind but not by that much. For Arsenal and Chelsea we will be similar, it will differ year to year depending on cup runs and being in CL.

We need to get a stadium name sponsor and a resident NFL team.

Correct
It’s why Liverpool pay more

I do have a respect that people are still using the Mane example 6 years on. In all seriousness I think people purposely ignore that in football he would not be the first and won't be the last player to have gone to a club with his agent and then change his mind when another club comes in for him, thats literally the agents job, I am not saying its not frustrating but the idea it only happens to Spurs is slightly misguided. Also the idea we did it to be cheap when in was more likely to fit within the financial structure of the club, a structure that if people are being honest has increased as revenue has increased (See Ndombele despite his failure as a player).

I do have a respect that people are still using the Mane example 6 years on. In all seriousness I think people purposely ignore that in football he would not be the first and won't be the last player to have gone to a club with his agent and then change his mind when another club comes in for him, thats literally the agents job, I am not saying its not frustrating but the idea it only happens to Spurs is slightly misguided. Also the idea we did it to be cheap when in was more likely to fit within the financial structure of the club, a structure that if people are being honest has increased as revenue has increased (See Ndombele despite his failure as a player).
Mane would have benefit great
I wanted him when he was in Austria
Posted it on here. He was producing great numbers
Not sure how we would have looked with mane and son in the team

what is true though is went to a club that paid him more money. That’s the only fact we know as a fans

Mane would have benefit great
I wanted him when he was in Austria
Posted it on here. He was producing great numbers
Not sure how we would have looked with mane and son in the team

what is true though is went to a club that paid him more money. That’s the only fact we know as a fans
And at the end of the day, it's football, we have dithered lost out, acted decisively and paid top whack, been turned down, turned others down, poached from lesser clubs, been poached from bigger clubs...its the ever revolving world of football. People cherry picking examples is absolutely fine, abit more balance would be nice, fact checking that people are actually speaking full facts would also help (Mane playing under Poch etc).

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Sadly I don't think that's entirely true - even in our 18/19 peak we were £72m behind them, and the gap's got bigger every year since. (Though no doubt it will have closed again this year thanks to being in the CL).

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F85a02c31-a20b-4eb4-8266-cb2267b58e3a_2234x1896.jpeg

Sadly I don't think that's entirely true - even in our 18/19 peak we were £72m behind them, and the gap's got bigger every year since. (Though no doubt it will have closed again this year thanks to being in the CL).

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F85a02c31-a20b-4eb4-8266-cb2267b58e3a_2234x1896.jpeg
This will be the first season that we have full use of and income from the stadium. That will close the gap.

Really
So a guy from Southampton who would still be be unproven for some would be would higher than a wc winning captain or your proven top scorer
I didn't say I'd pay Mane more than Kane. Just that it showed we underpaid Kane relative to his worth on the open market.

And yes absolutely I would pay Mane more than Lloris. The club he came from doesn't matter if you identify his talent as being commensurate with the rate you intend to pay him. Liverpool did and were evidently correct to do so. We instead paid N'koudou a lot less but then also got a lot less from him.

Yep he wanted more than every player we had here who had achieved more than him and he chose Liverpool
Not true. His demands wouldn't have made him our highest paid player. To compound how stupid it was not to meet Mane's pay requirements, we ended up giving Sissoko only £1m less per season on the last day of the window.

Last edited:
That’s the kicker
That same summer that we passed up on Mane, we rewarded Kane with a new contract that was higher than the amount that Mane was asking for.

Really
Harry Kane had only had 2 seasons in the PL at the point that we wanted to sign Mane and we rewarded Kane with a new contract on higher wages than Mane asked for anyway so Mane wouldn't have been on more money than Kane.

We also gave Hugo Lloris a new contract in 2016 that had higher pay than Mane was asking for.

Interestingly enough when we passed up the opportunity to sign Mane that summer (we were his preferred destination at that time) he actually then went and had conversations with Man Utd and had a deal agreed there ready to sign before Liverpool came in late and got him.

Last edited:
Back