• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Maybe it does happen to us more frequently but i don't think anyone is keeping tabs of all clubs transfers in order to confirm that - we notice our deals more as Spurs fans.

As i said in the summer just gone we noticeably acted swiftly, so i think if people wanted to be fair then they'd hold off on the criticism so soon after that, not always going to be possible to move quickly, especially in winter windows (yes of course some do happen early in the window)
We acted swiftly but didn’t probably cover the key areas where we needed.
It seems there’s always an excuse here, I see one above we don’t value Porro as much as Sporting. That’s usually what happens with a buyer and a seller( particularly a reluctant seller); it’s our inability to strike a deal on what seems to me a reasonably frequent basis which is frustrating, but yeah Go ENIC Hotspur, leading us to the promised land

It seems there’s always an excuse here, I see one above we don’t value Porro as much as Sporting. That’s usually what happens with a buyer and a seller( particularly a reluctant seller); it’s our inability to strike a deal on what seems to me a reasonably frequent basis which is frustrating, but yeah Go ENIC Hotspur, leading us to the promised land

We had/have loads of work to do on the squad - the manager himself said it was going to take several windows to turn it around, of course we couldn't hit all areas that needed strengthening

Not only a load of signings needed to be made but loads need to be sent packing as well, honestly our fanbase has unrealistic expectations wrt to the rebuilding of the squad and how long it takes to turn it around.

But you have to compare them because ultimately they took over from a time, when as I have said before we had lurched behind other clubs BADLY. If you can't see where we have come from under Sugar, the work done to close the massive gap and accept that its night and day difference then Im sorry you are churning an agenda.

I can accept people believing Enic have taken us as far as they can but to pretend that we were bit 10x worse off before they arrived with zero prospects hoping for top 10 finishes as a best case scenario, then sorry, I question if you was about then

The progress on and off the pitch which ironically gives people the now idea that we should be competing for the league comes because of Enic...
I wasn’t about???
Erm ok…
I think you will find that I said Sugar was a terrible chairman, he was also only chairman for ten years and left in 2001. Just because we were in a worse state with Sugar doesn’t mean I need to accept ENIC are amazing because they aren’t.
I’m not really sure what your point is as I have never once suggested Sugar was a good chairman but to accept ENIC by just comparing and saying he’s better than Sugar is no endorsement

We had/have loads of work to do on the squad - the manager himself said it was going to take several windows to turn it around, of course we couldn't hit all areas that needed strengthening
Yes and I question if our board have the appetite for that.
Given a lot of this has been self inflicted by our failure to adequately replace over a number of years

it seems more likely we will end up going back again for the Chelsea Lite approach with a move for Tuchel and the cycle starts again

Yes and I question if our board have the appetite for that.
Given a lot of this has been self inflicted by our failure to adequately replace over a number of years

it seems more likely we will end up going back again for the Chelsea Lite approach with a move for Tuchel and the cycle starts again

But we're already a fair way through it? What do you thinks going to happen, they're going to get to the summer and say that's it no more signings - i mean where's the logic?

Edit : it's Paratichi who is overseeing the rebuild, working within the clubs parameters and with an eye on both what the manager wants now as well as a medium term view on squad building.

Last edited:
I wasn’t about???
Erm ok…
I think you will find that I said Sugar was a terrible chairman, he was also only chairman for ten years and left in 2001. Just because we were in a worse state with Sugar doesn’t mean I need to accept ENIC are amazing because they aren’t.
I’m not really sure what your point is as I have never once suggested Sugar was a good chairman but to accept ENIC by just comparing and saying he’s better than Sugar is no endorsement

Haha ignoring the point about how much work was needed to close the gap to major clubs who had been not only historically bigger than us forever but for the year Sugar was in charge. You have proven my point TBH, ENIC closed the gap to the top in their first 10 years and kept us there after 20 years of pure regression previously but yeh thats nothing. But fans with views like you prove my point, their success has given you the false sense that as a fan you deserve more because of how close they have put us in recent years....the fact that you have that sense of entitlement means they have raised your expectations

I was not comparing them to Sugar I was stating the fact of how much building was needed to take this club from a club that was lucky to get 45 points a season to CL regulars, if you don't see that as an achievement or a huge success based on where we were the 20 years previous then you are truly churning an agenda.

I was stood on terraces being slaughtered by the Coventry's, Villas, Newcastles with Man United and Arsenal dominating the league with us so far away that it felt like we were a Championship side more than a PL side. You would be lying it in those times you was thinking that in just over ten years of those times that we would be making finals of the CL and being right in the mix for the PL and Cups regularly

Last edited:
Seems to happen to us more frequently, albeit I really only care about Spurs…
The thing is our dragging out often means the player doesn’t sign… Dybala, Fernandes,Grealish etc
We also often don’t strengthen in positions where we need strengthening or offer someone that wasn’t the manager’s original choice.

then of course we spend big and then sack the manager within a few months (2013 and 2019)
We think it happens to us more often but in reality it happens to most clubs

And then you get people who believe its as simple as offering what a club wants, just because you want that player yourself and thinking its that easy.....naïve

We think it happens to us more often but in reality it happens to most clubs

People mentioning Dybala haha, his agent going on a whistle stop tour of the UK trying to leverage any club to get his player a better deal which saw him touted to and turned down by several clubs. That stick still being used to beat the club is a joke. Lets mentioned James Rodrigues and Coutinho who fans had melt downs about us not signing too because they turned out to be great for the clubs they signed for.....oh hang on.

ENIC - there are going to be financial problems for the club however due to our poor performance on the pitch and lack of investment in the squad.

The business plan seems to be geared up to making money from the stadium. This is a combination of match day revenue (apparently 2 million a game + external events (concerts + NFL). The match day revenue however is dependent on the the "product" on the pitch, which isn't great. I have had a season ticket since 2015 (lucked out by getting one at White Heart Lane when we started to challenge), but these days I probably go to around 10 games a year, young family and all that. When Nuno was in charge, it was impossible to get rid of your ticket, couldn't sell it on the exchange, and had to end up giving it away for free. People didn't want to go to games. When conte turned up, became so much easier, as people believed that it was worth attending.

Stadium isn't going to generate revenue if no one is going to games and tickets aren't being sold. No one is going to go if the team is a bit crap. I know people will talk about loyalty, and loyalty will fill up a stadium of 36k, not one at 62k. Season ticket waiting list is pretty much non-existent now as well, everyone seems to be getting offered one.

ENIC need to invest in the product on the pitch, if their ultimate business model is going to be successful.
Stadium generates about £5m revenue per game
I think you mean profit
Selling tickets hasn’t been hard but I agree its not easy for some crap games
Where do enic get the money from to invest?
It a repeated issue. Fans say invest but no one can say where the money will come from. Our model is a self funding one so it’s profit firm the club gets invested back into the club currently

Last edited:
People mentioning Dybala haha, his agent going on a whistle stop tour of the UK trying to leverage any club to get his player a better deal which saw him touted to and turned down by several clubs. That stick still being used to beat the club is a joke. Lets mentioned James Rodrigues and Coutinho who fans had melt downs about us not signing too because they turned out to be great for the clubs they signed for.....oh hang on.
There are plenty that were better when we didn’t sign them according to our fans
And of course shot when we did sign them
Trossard is a very good player and a solid signing for arsenal but if I was one of their fans I’d be fuming knowing they could have got Mudryk if they hadn’t stalled on the money… whilst in an amazing league position. What’s their excuse for not buying him and allowing Chelsea to gazump them leaving them now with a a player Brighton don’t want
It can all be spun many ways and fans always do it

Stadium generates about £5m revenue per game
I think you mean profit
Selling tickets hasn’t been hard but I agree its not easy for some crap games
Where do enic get the Kirby form to invest?
It a repeated issue. Fans say invest but no one can say where the money will come from. Our model is a self funding one so it’s profit firm the club gets invested back into the club currently

Could be like one of those blind twitterati replies like "ohhhh Joe Lewis should sell a painting"

If people can't see the progress or that even after only 2 full seasons of full revenue in the new ground that things are starting to change then they won't ever TBH. The facts are all there for all to see to support that, the arguments on IF we signed the right players fine, but the arguments about the new ground not funding players is simple not true because it is.

But people are impatient which I get, but if your using 2 years in a new stadium with full revenue to choose your arguments, then I would suggest thats on the person using it TBH, I will give it longer than that personally

Could be like one of those blind twitterati replies like "ohhhh Joe Lewis should sell a painting"

If people can't see the progress or that even after only 2 full seasons of full revenue in the new ground that things are starting to change then they won't ever TBH. The facts are all there for all to see to support that, the arguments on IF we signed the right players fine, but the arguments about the new ground not funding players is simple not true because it is.

But people are impatient which I get, but if your using 2 years in a new stadium with full revenue to choose your arguments, then I would suggest thats on the person using it TBH, I will give it longer than that personally
I think Lewis should sell his yachts
And his paintings
And his pubs
Liquidate everything and invest in football. It’s a sure thing and a banker for him

The difference with comparable clubs is that they still win trophies, even when going through 'a drop-off' (see Arsenal's 2020 FA Cup win).

We have lacked the investment to make that final, most important difference - the bit that gets a club across the line. We see it play out once again now with the Porro situation. Conte seems to want him; he seems to want to come; but we are faffing around trying to undercut his valuation, and looking to put together player exchanges as part of the package. Meanwhile, more games tick by.

Imo it's this repeated modus operandi that sees us always just fall short; and ENIC ain't going to change...so, for me, it's time for a change.

unfortunately Arsenal are not a comparable sized club and haven’t been since maybe the 60s

The difference with comparable clubs is that they still win trophies, even when going through 'a drop-off' (see Arsenal's 2020 FA Cup win).

We have lacked the investment to make that final, most important difference - the bit that gets a club across the line. We see it play out once again now with the Porro situation. Conte seems to want him; he seems to want to come; but we are faffing around trying to undercut his valuation, and looking to put together player exchanges as part of the package. Meanwhile, more games tick by.

Imo it's this repeated modus operandi that sees us always just fall short; and ENIC ain't going to change...so, for me, it's time for a change.

Thats not exclusive to Enic or Enics tenure, the fact is bigger clubs have better mentalities to winning and that is an issue thats plagued us near on the start of football. Its been argued on there till the cows come home but what Enic have done more than any owner since the 60s is get the club into more what I call flip of a coin situations, more SFs and Finals where the managers and players take as much if not more responsibility for not getting over the line to victory. How many times have the likes of Son & Kane and the likes battered City, Chelsea and Liverpool in league fixtures only to flat out go missing in those games? Thats not to blame them either but to solely blame Enic for that is also a huge push for me. Enic have got alot wrong, I won't defend the bad appointments and bad investments and never have, but like my earlier posts its a lie to suggest they have not been great for the club in raising us in with the big boys when we were cut adrift for 30 years before and have, to their own downfall, raised the expectations of the fans who now believe we should be winning league titles

Back