• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Problem seems to be that they think THFC is worth £3b as opposed to the £1.5b that is a more realistic fee.

Even then, say I’ve got half a billion, I can buy 33%, that money goes to the manager, what do I get for that, and how do I get my half a billion back with interest in the future?

Dubai's fault really.....sucking in all the SM clickbait gonad*s and cash generating news aggregator accounts.... without just reading the 'full transcript'.

Perhaps you haven't either? He's echoing nothing that you suggest.
I have read the full transcript
And I have already said earlier I don’t think he is complaining, he has simply pointed out that to have an immediate effect you need more experience and that is not our policy

Also do you really feel the need to ridicule other posters for merely having a different opinion to yours?

Kane and Son basically.

The stadium is football activity imo.
A stadium hosts football activity, it’s not an activity on its own

However overall I do agree it is down to football activity, for now we are still classified as part of this big six and our stock is high and ENIC recognised an opportunity.

what’s interesting is for those so against football doping, why is it conveniently ignored that ENIC tried to be part of a footballing oligopoly.

Its not just about trophies, we are in London, we have an amazing stadium and marquee players.

They were selling an entertainment product.
We were merely the least worst of the rest of the 15 non big clubs in the PL. if the ESL happens again in 3 years time Saudi Sportswashing Machine will replace Spurs IMO.

Not from what his father said, it seems ourselves and Roma were in for him but Liverpool acted faster.

it also ties into various other articles but of course it’s all lies
As Liverpool were already lined up to sign him in the summer they had an agreement with Porto to notify them if they had any bids that were acceptable for him.

Even without that, Its the notion that you can sign a player of this level 'on the quiet' as if we can get it done in the early hours of the morning and Liverpool wake up and think 'WTF, Spurs have signed Diaz'
I'd suggest the football grapevine gives all information that any club, especially a big one, needs to know to be informed at all times of going ons.

So you expect us to be fine showing patience with the owners and CEO but they shouldn’t be expected to do the same with managers who consistently outperform their expectations and resources? (And by the way Redknapp was sacked having just finished 4th).

I've said repeatly i'd be happy with new owners. But unless someone comes in with the money were stuck with them. Complaining about it all the time is pointless.

Personally i'd have given poch and redknapp more time. If the team wasn't performing rebuild it. From an owners point of view it is easier to get a new manager. Than a new team. Think that was a mistake. Redknapp seemed to be more personal though. tinkled off lewis and levy. Avb and mourinho too if rumours are to be believed.

Even then, say I’ve got half a billion, I can buy 33%, that money goes to the manager, what do I get for that, and how do I get my half a billion back with interest in the future?
Same way ENIC have…. Through growth of the asset. Will the PL become even more popular across the world? Will the clubs find a way to properly monetize social media and streaming? Will an NFL franchise end up in London? At £1.5b there is the potential for value of the equity to grow considerably, at £3b it becomes a far bigger gamble. Also stop thinking about the uber rich in the same way that you think about ordinary people. The uber rich don’t tend to be concerned at actually cashing in their chips, all that matters is asset valuation.

Last edited:
I've said repeatly i'd be happy with new owners. But unless someone comes in with the money were stuck with them. Complaining about it all the time is pointless.

Personally i'd have given poch and redknapp more time. If the team wasn't performing rebuild it. From an owners point of view it is easier to get a new manager. Than a new team. Think that was a mistake. Redknapp seemed to be more personal though. tinkled off lewis and levy. Avb and mourinho too if rumours are to be believed.
It’s clearly a mistake that gets repeated over and over….

I was just highlighting what you had said because it seemed like you were saying i was misremembering/making it up.

Fair enough, I didn’t realise I had said sixth to right. So taking the general view of what you have said wrt to where you think we'll likely finish under ENIC in the future and that you seem to want new owners asap I'm going to deduce that you think being a club that finishes 4th-8th is unacceptable for us and enough to roll the dice on new owners, despite the fact that we have United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool who are richer clubs than us and soon to be Saudi Sportswashing Machine added to that list as well - you think the chances of a new owner consistently having us in the top 4 is a likely outcome even though we have no way to judge their abilities as owners?
I have not asked for new owners, I’m stating I would like ENIC to do better.
I’d much rather they succeed than we sell and go into an unknown.

In answer to do I think it’s unacceptable, yes I do given that the stadium was marketed as a game changer to take us to the next level and not lumber around where we already are.

These guys were lying? https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidd...-into-chelsea-despite-losing-love-for-london/

Yes it was 2 years ago, but they have been selling all their loan stock to help and been in the CL. Take that away and do you think they are sustainable? I think you are a little deluded here. 1b in debt to get to this position. Relient on selling loan stock and CL, in the real world, how self-sustainable is their model?

As for not debating and a cult, that raises a smile. There is huge debate today on all of this. There is no cult, just fans debating. If you arguments don't stack up this kind of name-calling is your (weak) fallback. You're better than that
If you read what I said clearly you will understand I call it a cult because they will respond and start talking about things you never said. It happens all the time. I don't care if they love ENIC and Levy, that's their prerogative I just find it boring when I'm constantly told I want a sugar daddy owner and why it doesn't work despite it clearly working and me having never ever asking for one. So when the level of discussion improves then so will my response to them.

Regarding Chelsea even in the article they state they made a profit the year before, they have since made a profit for the following year. They aren't going to collapse if Roman walks away. Sure if he called in their debt but they then like us would get a loan and pay it back to him the same way we are paying back our creditors. That's how business works. The likelyhood though is he will never call in the debt so until he does it a bit of a redundant argument, we aren't debt free either.

And just to be clear because it I can imagine the response, no I don't want a Romanesque owner. I just don't rate ENIC and many of the footballing decisions they have made over the years.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

A stadium hosts football activity, it’s not an activity on its own

However overall I do agree it is down to football activity, for now we are still classified as part of this big six and our stock is high and ENIC recognised an opportunity.

what’s interesting is for those so against football doping, why is it conveniently ignored that ENIC tried to be part of a footballing oligopoly.

How was it ignored? There's a whole thread on it, i was against it at least in that format. But levy was hardly going to say no to it. Same as any other owner in the prem. Psg and byern had their own reasons for saying no.

If you read what I said clearly you will understand I call it a cult because they will respond and start talking about things you never said. It happens all the time. I don't care if they love ENIC and Levy, that's their prerogative I just find it boring when I'm constantly told I want a sugar daddy owner and why it doesn't work despite it clearly working and me having never ever asking for one. So when the level of discussion improves then so will my response to them.

Regarding Chelsea even in the article they state they made a profit the year before, they have since made a profit for the following year. They aren't going to collapse if Roman walks away. Sure if he called in their debt but they then like us would get a loan and pay it back to him the same way we are paying back our creditors. That's how business works. The likelyhood though is he will never call in the debt so until he does it a bit of a redundant argument, we aren't debt free either.

And just to be clear because it I can imagine the response, no I don't want a Romanesque owner. I just don't rate ENIC and many of the footballing decisions they have made over the years.

Chelsea are selling off a lot of their youth to come in line with fifas new loan rules that are being introduced. Along with new work permit rules after brexit, that revenue stream is going to be hit somewhat.

How was it ignored? There's a whole thread on it, i was against it at least in that format. But levy was hardly going to say no to it. Same as any other owner in the prem. Psg and byern had their own reasons for saying no.
I’m not saying he should have ignored it and I haven’t read the thread but I’m asking legitimate question for those who say ENIC do things the right way,
What’s their view on them wanting to be part of an oligopoly cutting other teams out and essentially creating a closed shop for the few.

I am not the one saying ENIC are the epitome of footballing virtue and fighting th good fight against those ghastly cheaters

I think part of the argument is that we do things "the right way" as if it's some moral decision (as constantly argued by Baleforce and others) when the truth is ENIC just don't have the stomach for that kind of speculative and risky financial outlay. When a way to lock in a consistent advantageous financial situation was available they jumped on it with seemingly no moral qualms.

It just throws the whole moral argument out completely. I've never bought the moral argument, it's all just business and a way to minimise their risk and costs. Our typical spending pattern does that as does a ESL that we were part of.

As Liverpool were already lined up to sign him in the summer they had an agreement with Porto to notify them if they had any bids that were acceptable for him.

Even without that, Its the notion that you can sign a player of this level 'on the quiet' as if we can get it done in the early hours of the morning and Liverpool wake up and think 'WTF, Spurs have signed Diaz'
I'd suggest the football grapevine gives all information that any club, especially a big one, needs to know to be informed at all times of going ons.
Isn’t thenLiverpool being lined up to sign him pure speculation on your part?
You think it was inevitable l,
I think we dithered
Neither of us will ever know what the truth is

Exactly this

Back