• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Did he turn up? I am even unsure why this is even a question because there should be no doubt for him to turn up.

People on here on their high horses about x,y,z that they forget people pay lots of money 900 quid a season and if players do not put their effort then its showing a lack of respect. Then people wonder why people boo players.

Ps - I'm assuming he didn't turn up based on what I read at 5pm yesterday - don't know whether he actually did or did not.

Didn't turn up for training Thursday (when he was initially expected). Didn't turn up for training yesterday either.

As you say, disgracefully disrespectful towards Spurs and the fans who pay his wages (especially given that he earns more than 250 times more than most of them earn).

Provided he's not jet lagged or simply tired, then I would as well. As you say, the alternatives arent particularly compelling

He won't be jet lagged. But he will be wholly unprepared for the game.

Hopefully, we won't need him today. Or, if we do, hopefully he can finally find some good form for us this season. He certainly owes us.

Last edited:
Serious question - is he back in London?

One of the papers said that he landed back yesterday afternoon but not in time to make the 3pm training session. AVB said on Wed that they were looking at the best flights to get him back quickest so could just be that flight was delayed

He won't be jet lagged. But he will be wholly unprepared for the game.

Hopefully, we won't need him today. Or, if we do, hopefully he can finally find some good form for us this season.

Preparation wouldnt bother me much - he knows the players, tactics etc. so veyr different to signing a new player and not playing them immediately. Question for me is tiredness - I always feel knackered though when I get off a 12+ hour flight even when flying in business though hopefully he wont be been drinking on the flight so should cope with it better! If physically he feels fine I would play him from the start

One of the papers said that he landed back yesterday afternoon but not in time to make the 3pm training session. AVB said on Wed that they were looking at the best flights to get him back quickest so could just be that flight was delayed

Even that wouldn't be a good enough excuse.

The Toure brothers were both back in Manchester on Wednesday.

Even if Ade wasn't expected back at Spurs until Friday afternoon training (and he wasn't....he was initially expected back for Thursday afternoon training), he shouldn't have cut things so fine that there was any risk at all of him failing to make it.

He missed deadline after deadline. Not good enough. Especially on £100K + per week.

Preparation wouldnt bother me much - he knows the players, tactics etc. so veyr different to signing a new player and not playing them immediately. Question for me is tiredness - I always feel knackered though when I get off a 12+ hour flight even when flying in business though hopefully he wont be been drinking on the flight so should cope with it better! If physically he feels fine I would play him from the start

Ha! Yes, hopefully he hasn't been that unprofessional!

The main concern re lack of preparation is that he wasn't present for the specific instructions, tactics and practice relating to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. AVB is well known for his forensic dissection of the opposition and developing strategies to counter. Ade will have missed all of that.

Hearing what AVB says at press conferences, I'm speculating that AVB would prefer a 7/10 potential player that always gives his maximum physical and mental effort for the group, versus a 9/10 potential player that does not give his maximum physical and mental effort at all times.

Even that wouldn't be a good enough excuse.

The Toure brothers were both back in Manchester on Wednesday.

Even if Ade wasn't expected back at Spurs until Friday afternoon training (and he wasn't....he was initially expected back for Thursday afternoon training), he shouldn't have cut things so fine that there was any risk at all of him failing to make it.

He missed deadline after deadline. Not good enough. Especially on £100K + per week.

The odd thing is that AVB said a day or two ago that the club had given Ade three days off after the ACN - whether that was simply a line for the press after Ade didnt come backstraight away or not I guess we'll never know.AVB then said that the club were looking at the best flight connections for him to get him back for Fri training.

Either way its very sub-optimal and I'm not expecting AVB to start him given the meticulous preparation which AVB likes. However I woul dpick him if physically he's up to it given the lack of options.

Only another hour and we'll see the line ups

We should not even be talking about this, 2 hours from an important game and that clown shoe has missed pre match tactics and training, we should be buzzing about the fact that he is back and available having had a training session with us, there is no excuses he is paid to play, he could score a hat trick this afternoon and it changes nothing, this is his character and it stinks no respect for anybody.

:lol:

Sorry, mate! Couldn't prevent a small chuckle. It's actually "volte-face".

"Vault farce" is bloody good, though!

When I say that he "generally means well", I'm talking about the sense of duty that he feels towards the people of Togo and the good works that he does there. We can't take that away from him.

But sometimes, he needs to remember and prioritise the other people to whom he owes a duty - the ones who pay his barely imaginable wages - when they are also in dire need.

Ha. I went googling vault farce.

Thought he played well today. Involved in the build to our biggest chances. Showed good vision.

Well, slightly disappointed in him but acknowledge that we do not know the full story.
Just glad that it has not cost us 3 points today and now the team can move on with a spring in its step and with Adebayor ready to play as the focal point for a few games.

Let's hope he picks up until the end of the season, then sell him on in the summer. The guy utlimately isn't worth it.

I want to know the full story before making judgements, and even then he's still our best striker so I'd rather not sell.

It's not like he's been playing up since he joined us.....

Let's hope he picks up until the end of the season, then sell him on in the summer. The guy utlimately isn't worth it.

Considering we are either unable to find good strikers or are unable to afford the ones we do want, I don't think selling one of our two strikers, especially when the other is 30, patchy and doesn't like sitting on the bench is a good idea. It would only make our job twice as hard.

Back