• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Ade makes me sick, this guy laughs as he misses a big peno and says its because hes tired!!! I know now why City and Arse fans hated him as he is a con man. He lured us in with decent performances last year but the second we got him on a contract we got the real Ade. If we keep him on next season, I'll know AVB has no real ambition for us.

Really? Is that because you know that AVB has the sole decision on the playing personnel at the club?

Ade makes me sick, this guy laughs as he misses a big peno and says its because hes tired!!! I know now why City and Arse fans hated him as he is a con man. He lured us in with decent performances last year but the second we got him on a contract we got the real Ade. If we keep him on next season, I'll know AVB has no real ambition for us.

Dunno about the last sentence BUT I can kinda see where your coming from. One performance doesn't help me forget his previous no shows. Tonight he was the difference. Exceptional in fact. The season as a whole has been a disappointment from Ades point of view.

Dunno about the last sentence BUT I can kinda see where your coming from. One performance doesn't help me forget his previous no shows. Tonight he was the difference. Exceptional in fact. The season as a whole has been a disappointment from Ades point of view.

Its obvious we were after better strikers ie they knew what we have is not good enough. It would be incredible for me if Ade was allowed to perform so badly and allowed to continue. That spreads through the club if you allow mediocrity to go unchecked. The same could be said for Defoe but at least he chipped in earlier on.

After tonight I don't think I have wanted to get rid of him more. He is taking the tinkle out of every single one of us. If he put in 75% of what he did tonight during the season we would be top 4 easy. Instead we have had to put up with 25% effort the majority of it.

I cannot wait for him to go, I really cannot.

Superb performance, which leaves the more bitter taste in the mouth as to why he hasn't done it all season. Or even part of the season.

I personally don't put it down to the formation.

I think it comes down to having zero trust in Adebayor, we never know which version we'll get.

We know he can be good & yet, he so rarely shows it. For a while I thought he was the most skilful player we have, he deliberately played rubbish to lure the opposition defence in to a false sense of security, which is when we made the subs and scored the late goals against a defence that were slacking off!! But I think I was wrong....,

then again, if he plays like this in the next two games scoring a few in the process, and Arsenal slip up then I will thank him for those good games, even if I'll still wonder why he really went missing so often.

The rubbish thing is that what we need is a striker who can do all that Adebayor does, when he plays well, just do it a lot more often!!

Had Adebayor played like he did last night on a regular basis this season - say, every second game - we'd be pushing City for second, IMO. Absolutely brilliant performance. This is the Ade that we need, such a shame he so rarely comes up with these performances.

We're not likely to sign a better striker this summer than the one that was upfront for us yesterday.

Yep. He played his usual game last night but Chelsea were concentrating on Bale and he got more space than usual. He did not have 3 men on top of him whenever he received the ball as in some games. He scored to keep up his good form and once again we scored twice. He also got an assist almost identical to the pass he gave Dempsey against Soton.

Next season we will see the best of him when we hopefully strengthen in the summer.

We're not likely to sign a better striker this summer than the one that was upfront for us yesterday.

The problem though is that the one who was upfront for us last night only appears once every 10 games! If Ade played like that more regularly then he would be loved at Spurs and we'd be looking to sign a back-up CF rather than a first choice. However performance from him like last night are so irregular that he needs replacing this summer

AVB will have better insight into Ade, is it attitude, is it fitness, has he been affected by injury? the easy outside view is he has done this before at other clubs and just is not consistent.

My view is, we still need to buy a #1 Striker and rotate 2 out of Ade/JD/Deuce around them. Deuce is a utility player, and more consistent that either JD/Ade (while not capable of hitting them at their best form)

I suspect we sell one of JD/Ade based on offers we get.

Yep. He played his usual game last night but Chelsea were concentrating on Bale and he got more space than usual. He did not have 3 men on top of him whenever he received the ball as in some games. He scored to keep up his good form and once again we scored twice. He also got an assist almost identical to the pass he gave Dempsey against Soton.

Next season we will see the best of him when we hopefully strengthen in the summer.

Absolutely.

This and the fact it was a more 'compact' 4-3-3 meant he was NOT isolated yet Bale and Lennon occupied defenders. It's amusing actually, because he HAS scored some goals recently, but he will always be an easy target. If we get Damaio or a.n.other (Benteke would be great, proven) I would absolutely keep him if at all possible. We are on course for our best-ever points total and people have to accept that he has contributed to that, albeit not in his usual orthodox role or fashion.

Fair play to Ade last night. Apart from a ropey first half hour (when, among other things, his missed header contributed to the first Chelsea goal) Ade had a good game. Scored a cracking goal, made one equally well, and generally led the line like a proper centre forward - good movement, hold up play, lay offs etc.

As I have said all season, he has all the attributes to be a top class centre forward. Size, pace, power, skill. The reason why he doesnt do it nearly often enough remains a mystery to me. Was his pass to Siggy really his first genuine assist of the season?

Absolutely.

This and the fact it was a more 'compact' 4-3-3 meant he was NOT isolated yet Bale and Lennon occupied defenders. It's amusing actually, because he HAS scored some goals recently, but he will always be an easy target. If we get Damaio or a.n.other (Benteke would be great, proven) I would absolutely keep him if at all possible. We are on course for our best-ever points total and people have to accept that he has contributed to that, albeit not in his usual orthodox role or fashion.

proven??? one season wonder so far

i like him a lot, but anything above 15 mill for a one season wonder would be a huge risk for Danny boy

He said he actually feels fitter, i attribute he return to form to his socks. If you notice the last two games he has had his socks lower than usual, allowing him to fully extend his ligaments :internetscience:

There is a top quality centre forward in there somewhere. Question becomes how much responsibility is on the manager to realise that and how much is on the player himself? He's been garbage for most of the season. He's worked hard in a lot of games IMO but produced very little. The last couple of games he's been a bit better.

I hope we keep him. I like Defoe but the little prick is so one dimensional...get the ball and shoot. That's it from him. Doesn't give a fudge who is around him or who is making runs. At least Ade looks for other players. It was telling t'other night that Ade mentioned Lennon's run against Chelsea. Defoe would never have seen that. I really hope, despite a very rocky first season, AVB can get the best out of him next year but I really hope that we have a viable Plan B. We need someone else, a top centre forward, to push him.

Just fudging pray that he keeps this (very) little run of form going to smash Sunderland next Sunday.

Back