• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Are you having a laugh, poor?

Take those blinkers off mate, deary me

A lot of attacks broke down through him, his movement was off from where I was sitting. I think one of his problems is that he isn't the player he thinks he is. Good goal attacking the six yard box, but he is no target man or skilful forward or creative forward. He is like Defoe to me. He scores goals and if he isn't doing that it is hard to justify a place in the team for him.

I think Parker gets the ball forward earlier than Sandro and definitely earlier than Dembele. Dembele must be the slowest releaser of the ball I think I have ever seen in a top four outfit. Top defenders seem to have sussed that if you block him off to his left and he has turn on to his right, he will run the ball straight to your feet :lol: Fortunately the weaker defenders don't seem to have realised this yet and his runs can cause havoc against them.

So are Everton weak defenders now? Because he breezed past them several times...

So 2 in 2 and 3 in 5 for the "useless out of form lazy guy."

Dude you said exactly the same thing yesterday. Didn't really need reposting.

Yes he was out of form. It would be silly to take people saying he's out of form and apply it to the player when he looks like coming back into form.

Yes he was out of form. It would be silly to take people saying he's out of form and apply it to the player when he looks like coming back into form.

Dude, it really did need reposting.

I think Parker gets the ball forward earlier than Sandro and definitely earlier than Dembele. Dembele must be the slowest releaser of the ball I think I have ever seen in a top four outfit. Top defenders seem to have sussed that if you block him off to his left and he has turn on to his right, he will run the ball straight to your feet :lol: Fortunately the weaker defenders don't seem to have realised this yet and his runs can cause havoc against them.

He doesn't mate. Watch Parker. Two or three unnecessary touches every time, usually stationary. Sandro is always moving or passing quickly. Watch back. Occasionally Scotty produces an insanely fine through ball, but it's a rare sight. Dembele is not that sort of player whatsoever, yes, agreed.

He doesn't mate. Watch Parker. Two or three unnecessary touches every time, usually stationary. Sandro is always moving or passing quickly. Watch back. Occasionally Scotty produces an insanely fine through ball, but it's a rare sight. Dembele is not that sort of player whatsoever, yes, agreed.

Neither of our cental midfeilders release the ball quickly enough IMO. People keep saying Dembele is 'not that type of player' as if it's ok for him to hold on to the ball. Every single premiership footballer should be able to assess when the ball should be released quickly and when it should be held on to, its a weakness in Dembele's game I feel.

Thought Ade done well against Everton after a frustrating start (aside from the goal), his touch still seemed to let him down on some occassions, but he looked determined and up for it which is a big improvement from previous games.

:ross:

Wrong mate, he hasn't played badly at all this season. He's been bang in form from day 1 :lol:

Much better in recent weeks to be fair. Long may it continue until the end of the season then hopefully we will go and buy Benteke [-o<

:ross:

Wrong mate, he hasn't played badly at all this season. He's been bang in form from day 1 :lol:

Much better in recent weeks to be fair. Long may it continue until the end of the season then hopefully we will go and buy Benteke [-o<

GHod i hope we don't buy Benteke.

Adebayor wasn't as bad as people were saying earlier in the season, he's currently not as good as onlyme is claiming either.

But i think you just like to disagree with me :p..

GHod i hope we don't buy Benteke.

Adebayor wasn't as bad as people were saying earlier in the season, he's currently not as good as onlyme is claiming either.

But i think you just like to disagree with me :p..

Definitely agree with the bolded part. I don't think Adebayor or Defoe are good enough even at their best. We've had long enough to sort it out now.

You don't rate Benteke?

Definitely agree with the bolded part. I don't think Adebayor or Defoe are good enough even at their best. We've had long enough to sort it out now.

You don't rate Benteke?

You can't fault his stats. However whenever i've watched him play he's been less than impressive. On the peripherals of the matches.

A decent targets man, but not great technically. Added to Villa likely staying up and i think we could do better for the money it'll cost.

Ade or Defoe don't seem good enough, Defoe is a decent option off the bench. Ade is just not consistent enough. He could as easily have a season like this as a season like last.

You can't fault his stats. However whenever i've watched him play he's been less than impressive. On the peripherals of the matches.

A decent targets man, but not great technically. Added to Villa likely staying up and i think we could do better for the money it'll cost.

Ade or Defoe don't seem good enough, Defoe is a decent option off the bench. Ade is just not consistent enough. He could as easily have a season like this as a season like last.

He's still a raw talent but you can't argue with the amount of goals he's scored playing for one of the worst teams in the league with little service. I still think his finishing could be improved upon but he is a real handful for defences with his pace, aerial ability and technical skills. I'm just being realistic more than anything. He's probably about the best we can afford. Someone mentioned Lewandowski a few pages back, not going to happen unfortunately.

He's still a raw talent but you can't argue with the amount of goals he's scored playing for one of the worst teams in the league with little service. I still think his finishing could be improved upon but he is a real handful for defences with his pace, aerial ability and technical skills.

agree 100 percent. People forget this kid is just 22, he will get much better. Kinda reminds me of all the people who were saying a couple of years ago that Luis Suarez was not good enough to play for Spurs, don't here a peep out of these days

AVB again, emphasizing on ade's part to play in the team:

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/04/andre-villas-boas-emmanuel-adebayor-tottenham/

But Spurs boss Villas-Boas has launched a staunch defence of the forward and believes Sunday’s goal can help him rediscover some of the confidence in his play that had deserted him in recent months.

“Adebayor has got back in the goals in our recent games and he has shown how influential he can be,” Villas-Boas told a news conference ahead of Thursday’s game in Basel, which is finely poised at 2-2 after the first leg.

“He’s really enjoying his football. He is driven by his last goals and last performance and he is doing extremely well.

“Finding the back of the net allows him to go into the game with more confidence and I always think it’s self-belief from the player, rather than anything else that helps them improve.

“His link-up play has improved tremendously. He’s been much more involved in the build of play and assisted and created so much, allowing others to flourish.

It sounds as if AVB has been working on Ade to try to change the way he plays?

He'll finish the season with 10+ goals in total. 4 or 5 more in the league and a couple in Europe. I have a vision.

Back