• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

I think the swing in our favour could be as high as 20%
Assuming we dont start doing an Aurier and nutting a mans back
We got around 20% for goals scored last season.

That is doable, perhaps, but probably requires some luck going our way.

Even with that I think we need to improve our chance creation (xG) to get to where we want to be this season.

We got around 20% for goals scored last season.

That is doable, perhaps, but probably requires some luck going our way.

Even with that I think we need to improve our chance creation (xG) to get to where we want to be this season.
We will see
We just need to do the basics better from last season for me
Score tap ins, concede worldies
I’ll take that

Good engine strong tackles I like him already. Just seems to do the basics right. Hope he acclimatises quickly, definitely can do with some basic defending out there so midfield can support attack more. Two weeks quarantine? So maybe debut around end Sept?

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Good engine strong tackles I like him already. Just seems to do the basics right. Hope he acclimatises quickly, definitely can do with some basic defending out there so midfield can support attack more. Two weeks quarantine? So maybe debut around end Sept?

From stuff I've read, rather than the blood-and-guts highlight videos, it seems that he's very much an attacking FB, who probably needs a bit of work on the defensive side of his game.

I don't think that's such a bad thing if we'll be playing a back 5, but I worry about it in a 4.

Why two weeks? 10 days max (if not vaccinated), could be as few as 5, he's coming from Spain (amber list)

But I'd expect his debut in the European games, so yes, end of Sept

There you go
It’s a system and a tool
But it’s fallible
It's a measure, not a metric - and is misleading to use in isolation, especially by people that don't fully understand it (ie fans).
At base level it needs combining with the complimentary quantitative measure of goals scored.
The shots on target.
Then measured against the shot:goals target ratio.
Then you can introduce the qualitative measures like:
Who the ball goes to
At what pace and angle it gets there.
Weather conditions.

It's a measure, not a metric - and is misleading to use in isolation, especially by people that don't fully understand it (ie fans).
At base level it needs combining with the complimentary quantitative measure of goals scored.
The shots on target.
Then measured against the shot:goals target ratio.
Then you can introduce the qualitative measures like:
Who the ball goes to
At what pace and angle it gets there.
Weather conditions.

It's effectively just a data point

Used in conjunction with other data points, a deeper understanding of the variables (e.g. do you expect your shots to fall to Kane or Sissoko), what tactics you use, etc. Could be of use.

Of course with everything idiots & media get hold off, it's now being touted as some sort of "match winner indicator"

I've got a new stat called xGG. It times the number of games we win by 3, and the number of times we draw by 1. I've compared this with other teams in the league, and we've actually got the best stats.

Its probably far more use then the one being used by the stats junkies now. ;)

" clunky and physical"... Haha watch out for Sissoko comparisons
“ second best right back behind Trippier “...... Why did we sell him?

But yeah sounds like they were disappointed to lose him to the epl and predict big things for the young man starting under Nuno who speaks his language and can teach him things

Good to hear that they think spurs fans will be be surprised with Emerson.

Spanish football experts Graham Hunter and Pete Jensen from La Liga TV say Emerson is very good

Listen from 19:30 here

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...ndow-q-a-part-two/id988360681?i=1000534449927

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

TI thought he was solid today. the Jaw didn't really do much, apart form get lucky with a brick penalty and roll around on the ground a lot.

Back