• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EDL in Luton 5th May.... Thoughts

Do i have to?? or could i just guess about the vile flimflam that will come out of his ugly face?

No you don't have to but whats the point in commenting if your not gonna bother?

I'm not an EDL supporter by any means as they just come accross as a bunch of far right football hooligan types to me. But a mate (who's a member of the EDL and doesn't fit into that "hooligan" catagory) posted this video on FB and I thought I'd watch it... Give it a chance... And I actually thought this Tommy fella raised some very interesting points and makes quite a good case for their cause. I still don't support the EDL as they have too much of a tarnished far right image and I don't personally want to be associated with such types (I'm right wing but not far right and extreme like many of the EDL following) but wanted to get some feedback on what people thought of the points he raised. Not just some lazy "he's a prick" comment without even bothering to see what he has to say.

I stopped at 1:08. They have no right to wave Israel flags because they consider Jews enemies of Islam. I don't want my religion dragged in to their flimflam

I stopped at 1:08. They have no right to wave Israel flags because they consider Jews enemies of Islam. I don't want my religion dragged in to their flimflam

Thats a fair point and I don't think thats right either. But just wanted people to put aside their views of the EDL and listen to what the guy has to say because I think he raises some valid points plus if there's some truth to his accusations then it's a little worrying to say the least

Fair enough, and good luck with looking for the debate.

Thanks... Good luck with contributing to other topics

Thats a fair point and I don't think thats right either. But just wanted people to put aside their views of the EDL and listen to what the guy has to say because I think he raises some valid points plus if there's some truth to his accusations then it's a little worrying to say the least

Thanks... Good luck with contributing to other topics

The apathy and dismissive disgust shown by so many people towards stuff like this is just as bad as what is being preached in my opinion.

When are people going to wake up and realise that this is only going to get worse?! It's becoming far too common (throughout all of Europe). Rather than people dismissing it as not being debate worthy, maybe some people need to face up to some harsh real truths that these people are going to get more and more popular. They are striking a chord with ORDINARY people now, not just far right extremists. Rather than condeming them out of hand we should be asking WHY they are striking this chord....

For every articulate guy there are 3 proper knuckle draggers who are just blatant racists.

I said this to my mate who posted the video that it's a shame the wrong people join his group. Unfortunately tho soon as you attack Islamic extremists its like a pheramone for all the racist skin headed thugs out there... Then the word "right wing" starts blurring with the word "racist" and all of a sudden we're all racist.

The apathy and dismissive disgust shown by so many people towards stuff like this is just as bad as what is being preached in my opinion.

When are people going to wake up and realise that this is only going to get worse?! It's becoming far too common (throughout all of Europe). Rather than people dismissing it as not being debate worthy, maybe some people need to face up to some harsh real truths that these people are going to get more and more popular. They are striking a chord with ORDINARY people now, not just far right extremists. Rather than condeming them out of hand we should be asking WHY they are striking this chord....

Exactly... Why do people think the BNP had a boom of voters during the EU elections and won 2 seats?

It's the main reason the far right are seeing aims across Europe.

Latest exhibit in Greece. Proper nutters the lot are, Golden Dawn IIRC

Whenever times are tough we always love to spacegoat rather than take the blame ourselves. Coming from a Jew myself, I don't need to go much further to tell you the example that always comes to my mind first. But think of recent decades. Think of now. If all vile scumbags like this were eradicated, the world would be a better place.

Whenever times are tough we always love to spacegoat rather than take the blame ourselves. Coming from a Jew myself, I don't need to go much further to tell you the example that always comes to my mind first. But think of recent decades. Think of now. If all vile scumbags like this were eradicated, the world would be a better place.

Coming from a Jew that is an amazing perspective considering not so distant history.

Coming from a Jew that is an amazing perspective considering not so distant history.

I knew someone would say something like that. However, if there were no far-rights, the world would have been a better place. If there were no far-right ideologies, again the world would be a better place. They like to think we're the problem (though, not the EDL), and we like to think they're the problem. There is honestly nothing we can do about it

We're instilled with the idea of 'Never Again', which means we have to wipe out every single threat of history repeating itself.

New era, same mentality, different group. We love scape-goating other groups don't we? Before it was the Jews. Now it is the turn of the Muslims.

Just a few problems with this video:

-Use of the Israeli flag. This embrace of the far right in general across Europe of Israel and the Jews is hilarious. Its almost as if they don't have a history? I have never met a Jew, some of them ridiculously anti-Arab and anti-Islam, who want anything to do with the EDL, BNP or any other far right group across Europe. They want nothing to do with it.

-He says he welcomed the diversity of England and the 'masses' present for his rally. Yet starts off his rant with how 3 Kashmiri Pakistanis were DEMOCRATICALLY elected to the council.

-Every single Muslim will tell you they're reverts. That's what we call a lie. I have in fact never heard anyone use such terminology.

-He excellently managed to get in the old 'I have a few Muslim friends! They're sound lads!'quote as well.

-Robinson has now apparently become an Islamic Scholar, with his concise and accurate interpretation of the quran.

-He seems to be getting very worked up about white people converting to Islam? Surely we live in a free country?

-People converting to a religion that prohibits drinking alcohol and pre marital sex during freshers week :ross: Yeah, they must get fudge loads of people signing up.

-Why aren't Muslims doing things? Actually, they are. It just doesn't get reported. And the constant stream of abuse directed their way every day from the media and the population internalises the population even further.

-What is the link between white phaedophilic gangs?

-Bombs once a month. Yeah ok then Tommy.

A few general points:

-the EDL fire-bombed a mosque in Luton the night after the Norway shootings, as everyone worldwide was falling over themselves to immediately blame the Muslims. 'Sounds guys'.

-Robinson was a member of the BNP. He joined apparently thinking it was a multi-ethnic organisation. Either he's a racist or a humongous idiot. Either way I wouldn't want to join his group.

-Every time this topic comes up, I see lots of posts about how the Politicians just aren't getting it and about how we need to address the problem. Despite their numbers still being quite small and being continuously outnumbered by anti-fascist demonstrators. When the students, in far greater numbers however, come out in protest against student fees, or public sector workers come out in protest, there is no such sympathy. In fact, they tend to get demonised on here. Interesting.

-That show they aired on channel 4 earlier this year was excellent in exposing the idiotic nature of both sides. The 'devout extreme Muslim guy' was outed by his imam as someone who never went to the mosque, read the quran and who liked going out driving fast with his mates or something. Hard man Tommy, in his rally in London, ran away like a little girl from the police on a bus, laughing at his ingenuity, only to brick himself when they called him and asked him to come to the station.

-Has Robinson ever actually offered a solution? He talks about war a lot, an 'ideological one'. Supposing he wins this. What next? Especially considering that a large portion of British Muslims are now either converts or born in this country.

-To every single Muslim watching this....The Islamic community will feel the full force of the EDL if any of our citizens are hurt on British soil again.

Last edited:
And I wll say that there is a clear problem, especially in the North of the country, with seclusion, ghettoisation and mutual distrust and hatred. This needs to be solved ASAP. Not in a way which is related to Robinson or the EDL in any way.

Back