• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dusan Vlahovic

So what you are saying is Juventus are 1 point behind the team in 4th and are about to sign arguably the best all round striker in Italy right now. Like I said, they are going to make the CL.
Team above wins their game in hand and it’s 4 points
And he is joining a side that can’t really create anything
He needs chances to score

We should have got him when he was at Belgrade.

I have said this many times about different players. I am not happy with our scouting.
Well no. You can't buy players from the non top 5 leagues. It's impossible to spot a talent outside of the usual top leagues and if you do spot them you then need to wait for another team to make the bold decision of signing them, playing and developing them before the big boys catch a whiff. Only then once they have absolutely proven their quality can you now register your interest. You do this by offering a lower transfer fee and a lower wage packet than is being offered by a traditionally more successful club.

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody monotonous.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Well no. You can't buy players from the non top 5 leagues. It's impossible to spot a talent outside of the usual top leagues and if you do spot them you then need to wait for another team to make the bold decision of signing them, playing and developing them before the big boys catch a whiff. Only then once they have absolutely proven their quality can you now register your interest. You do this by offering a lower transfer fee and a lower wage packet than is being offered by a traditionally more successful club.

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody monotonous.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

One thing I’ll never understand about football clubs is why they don’t just browse forums. I mean all of our problems would have been solved, if only Levy, Hitchen, Paratici or whoever had read some of the posts on here.

One thing I’ll never understand about football clubs is why they don’t just browse forums. I mean all of our problems would have been solved, if only Levy, Hitchen, Paratici or whoever had read some of the posts on here.
One thing I’ll never understand is why forum posters aren’t in scouting roles and DoF roles in the football industry. Their vast amount of experience from watching some games on tv and announcing we should buy players x,y and their proven track record of highlighting the players that have come good which from what I’ve seen on here is pretty much 100% success rate means they will find recruiting for clubs pretty simple….

I mean, they're just human - I'm sure they do browse forums like this once in a while. I don't reckon they take much advice though, but who knows, maybe something has sprinkled from a web forum into the THFC board somehow. I reckon that's not impossible. :D

One thing I’ll never understand is why forum posters aren’t in scouting roles and DoF roles in the football industry. Their vast amount of experience from watching some games on tv and announcing we should buy players x,y and their proven track record of highlighting the players that have come good which from what I’ve seen on here is pretty much 100% success rate means they will find recruiting for clubs pretty simple….
You jest
But I can go through here and find some really simple recommendations that would have made us better just by buying from the championship
I mean it comes down to having the courage to do that and a structure to embed those players
The problem is with football signings like most things it’s an opinion based model as your dealing with human beings
I first posted about Vlahovic on here in May 21 and I haven’t found an earlier post. The summer just gone was when to buy him. It was an obvious deal if we could find it but that’s the things we as fans don’t know
16th December 2018 I posted on here about Jarod Bowen as one to buy
In January last year Danish and I was talking in here about Olise as a signing.., now a £50m player using the prem semi proven logic
April 2017 I posted on here we should sign Maguire…, he was at Sheffield United
Scouting isn’t hard but making the choice to gamble is
We have made bad choices
I’ll also add I 100% would have brought Tanguy, Lo Celso and Sessegnon
They’re were all the right signings but it’s hard to know how weak they may be mentally
Right now if we’re after a striker this summer (doesn’t look like one is happening in January) I’d go for Brereton from Blackburn for a tribunal fee. I was talking in here in April 17 about him to @Abbeyspur when we were also talking about an unknown Timo Werner. id also go for Scammaca who has a better all round game than Vlahovic which may suit us (Vlahovic is a better striker). He is still raw but he reminds me of a cross between Kane and Costa
paratici does concern me as he hasn’t ever signed an English player. He has only ever signed one British player and they are desperate to ship him out (ramsey). We need a guy who will look in all markets and have his finger in those markets which are under valued. The championship is arguably the 6th top do since in Europe but they play too many games.

Football manager (game) has a lot to answer for.

You jest
But I can go through here and find some really simple recommendations that would have made us better just by buying from the championship
I mean it comes down to having the courage to do that and a structure to embed those players
The problem is with football signings like most things it’s an opinion based model as your dealing with human beings
I first posted about Vlahovic on here in May 21 and I haven’t found an earlier post. The summer just gone was when to buy him. It was an obvious deal if we could find it but that’s the things we as fans don’t know
16th December 2018 I posted on here about Jarod Bowen as one to buy
In January last year Danish and I was talking in here about Olise as a signing.., now a £50m player using the prem semi proven logic
April 2017 I posted on here we should sign Maguire…, he was at Sheffield United
Scouting isn’t hard but making the choice to gamble is
We have made bad choices
I’ll also add I 100% would have brought Tanguy, Lo Celso and Sessegnon
They’re were all the right signings but it’s hard to know how weak they may be mentally
Right now if we’re after a striker this summer (doesn’t look like one is happening in January) I’d go for Brereton from Blackburn for a tribunal fee. I was talking in here in April 17 about him to @Abbeyspur when we were also talking about an unknown Timo Werner. id also go for Scammaca who has a better all round game than Vlahovic which may suit us (Vlahovic is a better striker). He is still raw but he reminds me of a cross between Kane and Costa
paratici does concern me as he hasn’t ever signed an English player. He has only ever signed one British player and they are desperate to ship him out (ramsey). We need a guy who will look in all markets and have his finger in those markets which are under valued. The championship is arguably the 6th top do since in Europe but they play too many games.
The point isn’t that posters can’t recognise a decent footballer, and I do agree that the Championship is a great place for purchasing potential talent - I remember you talking about Bowen when he was at Hull. But there are so many more parameters that posters have no idea about that the club need to consider when buying players, so the constant ‘Oh he looks good, we should sign him’ It’s not as if our recruitment team aren’t aware of every player mentioned on these threads, they are far more aware of these players and what they could offer than we could ever dream of being. That’s not to say we can’t recruit better and haven’t made mistakes, the last few years have not been good. I agree with you, I really hope Paratici is learning the English market better….

The point isn’t that posters can’t recognise a decent footballer, and I do agree that the Championship is a great place for purchasing potential talent - I remember you talking about Bowen when he was at Hull. But there are so many more parameters that posters have no idea about that the club need to consider when buying players, so the constant ‘Oh he looks good, we should sign him’ It’s not as if our recruitment team aren’t aware of every player mentioned on these threads, they are far more aware of these players and what they could offer than we could ever dream of being. That’s not to say we can’t recruit better and haven’t made mistakes, the last few years have not been good. I agree with you, I really hope Paratici is learning the English market better….
Exactly why I said we can’t tell what a parters head is like

straight away what I like about dusan is that he has got better and also worked harder. You can see it in his game
Diaz has also done that. His numbers have got better year in year
Ill add that Lo Celso had his failed move at PSG at a younger age and had great numbers again at Betis which made sense to me when buying him (he also played that eriksen role).
We need to buy players when there on the upwards curve and help them progress more like we did with dele.

Juventus offering 7 mil euro salary, remember some people here saying he wanted expensive wages? And that it was better we spend the money for him on a Metz reserve, Gil and Royal. How would our attack look with him now? Son-Kane-Vlahovic

Juventus offering 7 mil euro salary, remember some people here saying he wanted expensive wages? And that it was better we spend the money for him on a Metz reserve, Gil and Royal. How would our attack look with him now? Son-Kane-Vlahovic

Remember italian clubs talk net not gross. It was when he was linked with arsenal, there was something about his reps wanting a massive signing on package. £15m or something. No idea where it came from.

Remember italian clubs talk net not gross. It was when he was linked with arsenal, there was something about his reps wanting a massive signing on package. £15m or something. No idea where it came from.
It’s €7m net as you say so about £14m I think with Italian tax rules
There pushing out Ramsey to pay for his wages

Pass
Not an area I know anything about
@Finney Is Back may know as he abs said before about Italian wages
https://en.as.com/en/2019/06/27/soccer/1561665200_458007.html
Vlahovic wouldn't qualify.

Something of note though is that the rule also applies for Italian nationals who have been outside the country for more than 2 years. At present it makes financial sense for Italian footballers to take a contract overseas (probably in the PL seeing as it pays the biggest average wages) and then go back to Italy again to take advantage of only having to pay tax on half their income.

Back