• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Durham on T/S at the moment

Briddo1882

Erik Edman
I never thought I'd hear it but Durham is currently talking us up on T/S. Signing of Willian as "fantastic business".

"Even if they lose Bale they've had a great summer."
"Baldini has been the best signing"
"Soldado joining even though Spurs are not in the Champions League is an amazing piece of business"

He's saying that not only are we Top-4 certainties, we have to be seriously considered as title contenders.

Now, I know the fella talks a lot of rubbish sometimes but he has previosly been one of our fiercest critics. For him to make such a u-turn and start talking us up like this is really interesing, I think there are a lot of people that are going to be looking at us in a completely different light. I think we are finally going to start having a bit of a fear factor about us.

generally the press has been turning pro-spurs over this window. not hard to compare our transfers to the likes of Man U, Arse and Pool and even Chelsea at a stretch, to see that we're coming out on top. plus the positives over bale's valuation and how we've held firm against one of the biggest clubs. watershed transfer season for us, start of a new era, not a false dawn.

to add to that its Levy/Sugar who's loosened the purse strings or negotiated for the Bales huge transfer deal. i'm beginning to think that once they got Bale's price sorted, they had to get Baldini in to manage how to spend it.

Well if the rumours are true and Bale is off for £93m & Coentrao and with the £93m we're going to buy Lamela & Willian, you have to say that we would have a squad on paper that should be able to go toe-to-toe with anyone. There's not many in the division (probably only Chelsea/City) that could plonk players like Capoue, Lennon, Chadli, Dawson, Freidel etc on the bench.

We looked very strong when i saw the line-up and subs v Palace I KNEW we'd win. When it was 0-0 at half-time I KNEW we'd win. The players must feel that confidence too.I think even the players that remain from years gone by like Lennon and Dawson must have an extra spring in their step and confidence stepping out onto the pitch with the likes of Paulinho and Soldado and with guys like Capoue on the bench.

****, i'm even forgetting we've got Holtby, the German U21 captain in the summer's tournament. It's like we don't even need him - but he's there if we do (when he's fit). We can now afford to slowly re-integrate Sandro into the squad and STILL put a French international holding player on the bench - our squad is getting seriously ridiculous.

Yes, I think if we get Willian & Lamela, or one of the two and Bale stays....we will (or should) challenge for the title. In fact, I'd say pressure would be on AVB to get top 3 and automatic CL qualification if that happens as i'd go so far as to say we would have the best squad on paper of anyone bar City & Chelsea.

Well if the rumours are true and Bale is off for £93m & Coentrao and with the £93m we're going to buy Lamela & Willian, you have to say that we would have a squad on paper that should be able to go toe-to-toe with anyone. There's not many in the division (probably only Chelsea/City) that could plonk players like Capoue, Lennon, Chadli, Dawson, Freidel etc on the bench.

Also I think what people miss on these situations is your squad strength against the perspective top 2 isnt that important, man for man, as United showed last year against City, its rolling over the teams you should roll over week in week out.

On paper last year City were streets ahead of Man United, did the double over them didn't they?? but it meant little because Man United were ruthless week in week out

This

You could lose home and away to the top 4 as long as you win every other game you'd win the league, you'd have 96 points. Obviously that's not likely but it does prove that beating the dross is key.

generally the press has been turning pro-spurs over this window. not hard to compare our transfers to the likes of Man U, Arse and Pool and even Chelsea at a stretch, to see that we're coming out on top. plus the positives over bale's valuation and how we've held firm against one of the biggest clubs. watershed transfer season for us, start of a new era, not a false dawn.

Oh no he said it...

Has being a Spurs fan thought you nothing?

I had hoped we'd sneak top 4 but after this post...Serious relegation fears.

Bottom-feeders like Durham need to tell which way the wind is blowing from time to time.
And if our activity means that petty jabs at us make even less sense then even he'll know it's time to switch targets and bait fans of other clubs
Talking us up can help do that.

He may be trolling but he's right in what he is saying, if our business continues in this fashion we should be challenging for the title. Quite hilarious how most fans were talking about us 'maybe sneaking back into 5th a few days ago'. People haven't woken up yet.

Compare our squad to any in the league and we are near enough the best. If we could maybe bring in Damiao as a second striker and Vlad as a 4th CB, then we are there, we have the best. With Willian and Lamela/Bale plus Contrao, and those 2 additions above, it would be a major **** up if we don't challenge.

He may be trolling but he's right in what he is saying, if our business continues in this fashion we should be challenging for the title. Quite hilarious how most fans were talking about us 'maybe sneaking back into 5th a few days ago'. People haven't woken up yet.

Compare our squad to any in the league and we are near enough the best. If we could maybe bring in Damiao as a second striker and Vlad as a 4th CB, then we are there, we have the best. With Willian and Lamela/Bale plus Contrao, and those 2 additions above, it would be a major **** up if we don't challenge.
I agree in principle - great manager, ridiculous squad, but it can take time for a team to gell, for that winning mentality to become ingrained and for new signings to get used to the league. We'll do well but while the potential of avb + squad may equal winning the league, I think it'll take a long while until we're operating near the sum of our parts and there will undoubtedly be further bumps along the way.

You only need to look at man u winning the league despite the quality at city and Chelsea last year to realise that building a league winning squad takes more than great players, balanced squad and manager.

Still, things are looking rather good right now.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

Haha he's now using us to troll Liverpool fans. His current topic is "why are Liverpool being bullied by Spurs in the transfer Market? Embarrassing "

Back