• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you have any demons?

I do, I break out in cold sweats at night, with visions of a tranny putting a bollard up their arse

I do, I break out in cold sweats at night, with visions of a tranny putting a bollard up their arse

If you ever got inside my head you would scream and never stop, you would be a broken man huddled in the corner rocking yourself back and forwards. Yes im an attarctive finacially stable man who from the outside appears to have it all. But my mind is a dark dark place where some extreme evil and twisted thoughts reside, i fear for anyone who ever gets into my mind because i have had a lifetime to get used to it, it would destroy a lesser man.

Wow, I rarely post here (I cannot remember my old persona here, so I had to create a new), but this topic is very interesting. Coincidentally I just listen to this topic, at least I think it is the same topic, on the radio. Here??s a link to the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0CaC1lK9g

It??s an interview with Joe Dispenza who have written the book "breaking the habit of being yourself". What I got out of it: you can change into what you want to be by training the body to be it. You can actually fool your body to believe you are an astronaut!

It seems to me that this may be useful to many of you.

Aye many. Ive spent far to much of my life worrying what others think of me, worrying about things ive done in the past, worrying about the future and like Marky in the past few years have become an idiot when drunk. This combination has led me to some dark places BUT i think i've now started to make strides in the right direction as a person.

Started looking after myself more, cut down food intake, cut down alcohol binging, excercise more and constantly remind myself to live in the here and now. If i start thinking about the past or future i bring myself back to the present look at the world around me, tell myself that i have it pretty good and the world is a good place and carry on living in the moment.

Change is always possible. We are just the result of the decisions we have made in the past along with the conditioning we have gone through whilst growing up. If there is something that you feel is a negative trait in yourself it is entirley possible to change it with patience and perserverance. If you want to you will always be able to win the fight.

Congrats on changing!

Do you know what old people regret the most? WORRYING!

Congrats on changing!

Do you know what old people regret the most? WORRYING!

Thanks. Though i am still in the early stages of change i feel i am winning the battle. I am aware of how easy it is to slip back into old habits so i am aware of them, whilst trying to keep them in the past. I will give that clip a look. This whole area really interests me. From reading the blurb underneath it seems like he talks about exactly the stuff that i have been researching and am using.

I procrastinate too much rather than getting on with work, it really gripes me and I've been working to try and correct it (I'm on GG now though, I can excuse myself after last night).

I'm a bit of a taco when I've had a few too many to drink. When I've had a good amount but not over the edge I can be funny, charming etc but if I have too much I get loud, angry and sometimes violent. It's not a pretty sight so will try and restrain on the drinking.

My demon is heights. It's always been there infecting the rest of my life with the experience of boundless irrational fear. I've held this cowardice against myself since a young age, one of my earliest memories is holding onto some turf to stop being sucked into the void below one of the soft rolling tops of the North Downs.

I even have to test myself from time to time to see if it is still there, it always is, it's like a torture, and really impacted my ability to take certain opportunities that came my way.

Also I drink too much, I now drink a lot more responsibly, which means decent real beer, quite slowly, down the pub. Maybe a glass of whisky in the winter at home of a night.

Thanks. Though i am still in the early stages of change i feel i am winning the battle. I am aware of how easy it is to slip back into old habits so i am aware of them, whilst trying to keep them in the past. I will give that clip a look. This whole area really interests me. From reading the blurb underneath it seems like he talks about exactly the stuff that i have been researching and am using.

Well, It is all about living in the present. You cannot do anything about the past, and what you do right now decides the future. I think that is something to have in mind. You know, some would define "living" as the decisions you make (in the present).

From wiki-anwers:

What is the meaning of life?

3.The meaning of life is to grow physically, mentally and spiritually. It's about traveling down different paths of your life and making decisions. You will make some mistakes, as all of us do. We learn from them and grow stronger. It's about being true to yourself, standing alone sometimes when you really believe in something and not fearing retribution. It means to love those around you, help where you can, be known as a person that can be trusted and just do the best you can. If we didn't feel sadness we could never experience happiness; if we didn't get angry on occasion we would never know peace, and if we didn't trust our hearts we'd never know love. Yes, it's about pro-creating, but life is much more than that if you open your eyes, ears and heart and listen!

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_life#ixzz1vWXKrpsk

Back