• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Disturbing a Robin's nest.

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
So I've taken over a small corner of the garden for my exericse bench.

I was tidying up said corner of the garden yesterday and a robin darted out and started doing an alarm type call at me.

I have no wish to scare them off or destroy their nest whatsoever, though I do want to keep exercising. So has anybody got experience of nesting birds? If I move around every now and then within a few feet of the nest will it get agitated and abandon the nest? will it just get used to me being around?

I'm not planning on approaching the nest or being nosey, I just wanna do some reps. Anyone got experiences of nesting birds in inconvenient locations?

best bet is just to leave it and carry on, at the moment there should just be eggs in the nest so if the worse happens and the Robbin's buggers of you wont be left with starving chicks, and there is plenty of time for them to nest again. Robbins as a bird are very tolerant of humans but are the most agresive of birds to other robins so it should be fine.

Also if you can keep you work outs to less then a hour or two would help.

Thing is I live with my parents and my mum's mega territorial of the garden and there's no room in the house for the exercise bench.

I think I'm going to end up waiting 'til she's down the shops and moving the bench into the 'main part' of the garden and telling her she has to live with it until we see some baby robins. Then I'll go 'aawwww, baby robins!' and everything will be okay.

The garden is a capital 'L' shape, the bottom is where I had the exercise bench, which was fine as it doesn't get any sunlight and it's just a concrete little square. Even so my mum still protested as she planned to 'sit out there' she's never sat out there before, she generally sits in the main bit of the garden where the sunlight and grass is.

So she's popped to the shops and I've moved the exercise bench to the 'main bit' of the garden. This is going to make my mum very cross indeed. While I was moving my 'man bench' I noticed the mum sitting on her nest keeping an eye on me so she must be quite happy so far.

gonna let it have that corner of the garden to itself until it eventually moves on.. think this takes about 2 months? don't know.

Gonna borrow a pair of binoculars when/if it has young so can spy on it a little bit.

gonna let it have that corner of the garden to itself until it eventually moves on.. think this takes about 2 months? don't know.

Gonna borrow a pair of binoculars when/if it has young so can spy on it a little bit.

Yeah...because that's what I use mine for.....yeah that's it......watching robins.

Back