• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DiscountIf

Johnny Ray

Øyvind Leonhardsen
Anyone else seen this? Nothing to lose if you already wanted a shirt...

http://www.discountif.com/promotions/show/tottenham-to-beat-sunderland-1

"This promotion is made up of the product price and a bet of £26.01 at odds of 1.73."

Let me get this right - they are breaking down the price to £26 which they place on a bet and effectively £19 for the shirt?

Assuming £19 is cost price inc p&p then they make nothing if spurs fail to win (but at least generate some turnover) but of spurs do win they take in £45 profit per shirt. Not a bad model.

Works from a consumer view if you were buying what they're offering anyway.

I'm guessing they're hoping to get their big gains from customer loyalty. So once you've won the easier pull-in prize, you're tempted to bet again but on bigger prize.

They must make small profits per person but need masses of "buys" for it to cover their outgoings and small profit margins.

Different format. Not sure it'll work but suits me on this occasion. Was getting the shirt regardless and not many cheaper places. I trust our boys to do a job too!

Do I have this right?:

If you buy the shirt from them and Spurs win you get your money back.
If spurs don't win you still get the shirt but you've paid £45 for it.

yes?

So you 'can't lose'?

That's right. I see it that you can't lose if you were getting the shirt somewhere else regardless. Otherwise, you're spending £45 on a shirt you didn't really want.

You've got t theory right though.

I don't particularly want the shirt- certainly not £45 worth. Just checked ebay though and shirts are pushing £45. Tempted to do it, keep the shirt if we win, sell it if we lose at a £5-£10 loss? (after ebay fees and postage etc)

I'm still intrigued by this.. I'm messing around with figures now as well.

If you take up this offer and also bet £30 on Sunderland win/draw at a bookies you will get a shirt for a total outlay of £30 if spurs win.

If spurs lose/draw you would lose your £45 towards the shirt, but have £51 in the bookies. You would be down £24 in total, meaning you've spent £24 on a shirt.

I'm **** at maths though so there's probably a better amount to bet in the bookies. Though it does mean you would get a shirt at a discount rather than win it.

am I trying to be too clever?

Interesting idea, covering your bet. Not bad idea! Don't forget if Spurs win though, although you've got free shirt, you've lost money betting against them.

Interesting idea, covering your bet. Not bad idea! Don't forget if Spurs win though, although you've got free shirt, you've lost money betting against them.

Just re-read. You've considered that already.

If rather risk the £45 for getting it for free rather than cheap though. Especially against Sunderland.

Got my order in!

The only thing that's stopping me is the site is so new there doesn't appear to be any reviews yet.. I'll see how you get on first ;)

Will keep an eye on the site as they seem to have electronics like tablets and cameras and such. Might do my bet against method described above next time I'm trying to convince myself I need that gadget..

Last edited:
Is it possible you are having a £45 punt on a fake replica shirt?

And how is the cashback happening ?

Works like Quidco. Mony goes onto your online account. You can choose to withdraw it, or spend on another promotion.

Which is probably where they make their money. Reel folks in on the easier bets, then hope they'll be made enough to bet £370 on a PS4!

They're making their money by quoting a much lower price on spurs to win than they really are - spurs are between evens and 11/10 to beat Sunderland at most bookies, yet they're quoting 1.73 which is the same as 8/11

They're putting all the £45's they get on the 11/10 odds and they're quids in regardless of who actually wins

Pretty good business model!

They're making their money by quoting a much lower price on spurs to win than they really are - spurs are between evens and 11/10 to beat Sunderland at most bookies, yet they're quoting 1.73 which is the same as 8/11

They're putting all the £45's they get on the 11/10 odds and they're quids in regardless of who actually wins

Pretty good business model!

Genius!!

Works like Quidco. Mony goes onto your online account. You can choose to withdraw it, or spend on another promotion.

Which is probably where they make their money. Reel folks in on the easier bets, then hope they'll be made enough to bet £370 on a PS4!

Was worried about that too. I don't use quidco but I've heard it can be ages before your cash filters through

I'm a long term user of quidco, never noticed a big delay in payment but as we're not talking hundreds of pounds I can't complain.

Really recommend them and/or their competitor as there's nothing to lose.

I think it's topcashback?

I browse hotukdeals.com a bit and it keeps getting mentioned on there. If you can get a percentage of your money back from purchases it strikes me as a no-brainer..

Back