• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Demarai Gray

Ginola99

Steven Caulker
Looks like he is on his way to Leicester now but I think we have missed a trick not moving for this kid..

Unless you're Chelsea and have 200 players out on loan, you can't sign everyone.

No but we can play the loan system a bit more, and if we are selling Townsend it would be good to bring an exciting winger in as a replacement.

No but we can play the loan system a bit more, and if we are selling Townsend it would be good to bring an exciting winger in as a replacement.
Townsend doesn't get into the squad anymore really,therefore you get rid of him and a replacement for someone who doesn't feature isn't needed....

He's an orthodox winger isn't he? Not really what we use.

We'll have Oduwa next season anyway, as well as an up-to-speed Njie

We seem to have withdrawn significantly from the loan system. We only have Yedlin, Oduwa, Ball, Ward and Ogilvie out at the moment - a fraction of the number we used to have out

We seem now to decide at 21 whether they going to go into the first team squad or get released - e.g. Pritchard vs Grant Hall and Ryan Fredericks last summer

He's an orthodox winger isn't he? Not really what we use.

We'll have Oduwa next season anyway, as well as an up-to-speed Njie
Not really.... He is a very skilful young player who could easily play as the wide player in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation.

Time will tell but I'm still not convinced that Oduwa will make it with us. I notice that he has been on the bench a lot recently for Rangers, which makes me question his end product.

Not really.... He is a very skilful young player who could easily play as the wide player in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation.

Time will tell but I'm still not convinced that Oduwa will make it with us. I notice that he has been on the bench a lot recently for Rangers, which makes me question his end product.

Isn't this why we send them out, to see if they can perform and how they handle the pressure. It's far to early to make any judgement on the young man

Townsend doesn't get into the squad anymore really,therefore you get rid of him and a replacement for someone who doesn't feature isn't needed....

Townsend is taking up a squad place (premier league) and it would be replacing a non-option (because of current situation not ability) with an option..

He has signed for someone else and is not what we need.

Yep as I said in the very first post he was going to Leicester but still thought it might be worth some discussion (in a chat forum). I posted to see if anyone else had the same opinion or an insight into the player or confirm that we did bid for him etc.. As it was we covered briefly the loan system and our usage and other youth players we have and it might have possibly developed into a bit more.

In your opinion he isnt what we need but I totally disagree and think he was someone that we definitely could have done with (if moving on Townsend). A young winger (I think we still need wing options to vary our game) that can play through the middle with a lot of pace and skill..

We got Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Alli, Chadli, Njie, Onomah, Pritchard who all fight for one of the 3 behind Kane. All of them young. And Dembele, Mason and Carroll can also play there. Then we have players likes Marcus Edwards waiting. So if they gonna bring inn someone here it has to be a real special talent or a world class player.

We got Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Alli, Chadli, Njie, Onomah, Pritchard who all fight for one of the 3 behind Kane. All of them young. And Dembele, Mason and Carroll can also play there. Then we have players likes Marcus Edwards waiting. So if they gonna bring inn someone here it has to be a real special talent or a world class player.

Spot on. Plus we need players in other positions more.

You can argue it both ways.. Did we need to buy Ali with all the other players we had? No, but I am glad we did take a chance on that kid because of the talent he has and now a first choice because he is better than the others.

You can argue it both ways.. Did we need to buy Ali with all the other players we had? No, but I am glad we did take a chance on that kid because of the talent he has and now a first choice because he is better than the others.

So you're saying that Gray is that special? Or that we should sign everyone? ;)

I don't think Ginola (or anyone) is against signing players. Just that it really has to be someone special to come in and improve on our current lot.

Back