• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Modern football hogwash.
Dele isn't even is name. Its a shortened version of Bamdele.

What next Kane having H on his shirt or Rooney having Wazza.
I was kinda proud of have no Cesc or Memphis nonsense at Tottenham.
I think if he feels no connection to a family name he should be able to make that statement. If your dad is a total tosser why wear his name on your back? It's not like he beat him up in the pub. No Spurs player (other than Hutton) would ever do that.

Modern football hogwash.
Dele isn't even is name. Its a shortened version of Bamdele.

What next Kane having H on his shirt or Rooney having Wazza.

Considering his personal family dynamic I think your overreaction is a bit simplistic. If he feels let down by his father who went to live in the United States and left him with an alcoholic mother I can quite understand why he might not have a strong attachment to his family name and not want the rest of the world to refer to him as Alli. Personally I do not see a problem at all. This is a young man that did not had a typical father-son relationship with his biological father because his father was not there for him. That type of thing impacts on people differently, some children will feel abandoned and it is something they will never forget or forgive.

Last edited:
If he doesn't want to be associated with his father's name, why doesn't he just change his name?

That my dear man is a good question, which crossed my mind, however it is his prerogative and if that is what he wants to do it is fine by me

Last edited:
Good for him. The only thing that matters is that the player is comfortable with it, in my opinion. Not sure why people think it's stupid or hogwash, as it shouldn't mean anything to us, while it clearly means something to the player.

If he doesn't want to be associated with his father's name, why doesn't he just change his name?

This.
It costs £33 to do it.
If he's so tinkled off with the name why does he have it on all his bills, the electoral register and even all his social media accounts.
Just change it.

A cynical person would say Dele would sell more jerseys than a muslim name.

This.
It costs £33 to do it.
If he's so tinkleed off with the name why does he have it on all his bills, the electoral register and even all his social media accounts.
Just change it.

A cynical person would say Dele would sell more jerseys than a muslim name.
That cynical person wouldn't be you though.

I dont think he's that commercially aware tbh. I just think he's still a kid and wants a cooler name on his jersey.
Seriously?
What an idiotic and patronising think to say.

Many people would have gone off the rails in his situation.
He has clearly stated he doesn't feel affinity to the name, so it makes sense not to use it in a professional capacity.

Frankly, I don't care if players want to have their cats name on their shirt as long as they put in 100%.

Tottenham-v-FK-Qarabag.jpg

I don't see this as a big Dele.

Coat not needed, taxi arriving, off to be PimmsMeister at a barbie. I may be gone some time.

Back