• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I don't think we currently have that player in our squad tbh, but someone like Dybala would be a good fit for that role.
Tend to agree with that, i always said the same about Moussa who was another one who flattered to deceive on many occasions. imo.
I honestly don't see it with Jenas. He never had the passing range or vision to be anything but a bog standard CM in my eyes. He had great stamina sure, but where was the rest of the game that would make him a great player?

I don't think we currently have that player in our squad tbh, but someone like Dybala would be a good fit for that role. I honestly don't see it with Jenas. He never had the passing range or vision to be anything but a bog standard CM in my eyes. He had great stamina sure, but where was the rest of the game that would make him a great player?

To be honest i thought he had all the ability but never really did it on a regular basis ( always did against the Arse so he showed he could do it). Mentality/Desire was what he lacked maybe?.

Dele had his best game for a couple of seasons i agree, but i can not agree that Bergwijn is all about just pace. He frightens opposing players to death and i have not seen Dele do that for a long time.
He does my head in due to his lack of end product despite getting in front of the goal

He does my head in due to his lack of any product despite getting in front of the goal

Fair enough, but the ability is there ( imo) just needs to show it on a regular basis. Not sure how many games he has played on the run maybe that is something he may get now under Nuno. He has been lacking in the confidence stakes but he was much better yesterday imo.

He does my head in due to his lack of end product despite getting in front of the goal

I agree, Dele usually gets alot of the ball in and around the box and either flicks it to nobody or dawdles on it until he's surrounded and easily dispossessed. Has had me tearing my hair out for the last 3 seasons.

Maybe a new box to box position will suit him if he can adapt to it. Keep it simple, move the ball on and try to get on the end of crosses. He's got the fitness for it and Nuno seems to like him.

Let's hope it works out for him as I don't see him playing further forward under Nuno's current system.

Fair enough, but the ability is there ( imo) just needs to show it on a regular basis. Not sure how many games he has played on the run maybe that is something he may get now under Nuno. He has been lacking in the confidence stakes but he was much better yesterday imo.
He comes over as very introverted he also lacks confidence in In front of the media which is a very big part of football as we know nowadays

I agree, Dele usually gets alot of the ball in and around the box and either flicks it to nobody or dawdles on it until he's surrounded and easily dispossessed. Has had me tearing my hair out for the last 3 seasons.

Maybe a new box to box position will suit him if he can adapt to it. Keep it simple, move the ball on and try to get on the end of crosses. He's got the fitness for it and Nuno seems to like him.
Let's hope it works out for him as I don't see him playing further forward under Nuno's current system.
I agree he will be needing to put the hard work in under Nuno. Would hate to lose him.

Yeah I think keeping it simple and moving the ball quickly when deeper will be key, rather than dwelling on it as he seems to now. And being able to make those goal-threatening runs from deeper than he is used to... which could even be a strength if the defending players have him less on their radar than if he was starting higher up the pitch as a #10.

He is gonna be a nice problem this season
Unless we get the three in front playing like the pool 3 we need the midfield to get goals… deles forte
But his work rate yet again today was exceptional, so another good point
But arguably one of the midfield group needs to the creator and I can’t see dele offering that from midfield.
I actually think it’s one of skipp or Hojbjerg we need to sacrifice for the creative midfielder because I don’t think we can afford to lose deles running

I actually think it’s one of skipp or Hojbjerg we need to sacrifice for the creative midfielder because I don’t think we can afford to lose deles running

Agreed that one of those needs to come out for games against weaker opposition. When we get to the later stages of the ECL (sorry, if) there will be enough games for both of them, but we desperately need a playmaker in there

He is gonna be a nice problem this season
Unless we get the three in front playing like the pool 3 we need the midfield to get goals… deles forte
But his work rate yet again today was exceptional, so another good point
But arguably one of the midfield group needs to the creator and I can’t see dele offering that from midfield.
We need more than work rate though. He was good defensively, but like the rest of the midfield didn't do enough in possession.

We need more than work rate though. He was good defensively, but like the rest of the midfield didn't do enough in possession.
Hence why we need another player in there while is comfortable with the ball
Can see why we’re lined with Aouor from Lyon

He isn't the player so many of us desperately want him to be. He's bang average as a pure CM, his best attributes are utilised close to goal. In a match like today where we have little of the ball and no control it doesn't allow him presence to do what he does best and he doesn't contribute to keeping possession or setting any kind of tempo.

I feel like we have some good CMs individually but none of them seem particularly well matched and it always seems to be a struggle to get a balanced midfield on the pitch.

Back