• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I’d imagine Dele would want to leave even if Jose leaves. He’s been here what, almost 6 years? And had a fairly bricky year or two. I’d be surprised if he didn’t want a fresh start somewhere new.

I’d imagine Dele would want to leave even if Jose leaves. He’s been here what, almost 6 years? And had a fairly bricky year or two. I’d be surprised if he didn’t want a fresh start somewhere new.

If he wanted out he'd have made some serious noises about it. For the most part he's kept his head down and got on with it.

Would’ve preferred he went on loan to PSG and be reunited with Pochettino but maybe Mourinho will finally give Dele a run in the team after last night’s shambles.

I don't understand all this talk of needing to replace him. He's started five fudging games across all four competitions, in what way is that a role that needs to be replaced?!

I wonder if it's Levy or Jose that doesn't want him to leave? We're crying out for creativity and goals, someone Dele has given us. He's played 74 premier league minutes, he must be fuming about not being able to leave, especially to go to a big team with a coach that loves him.
Why does Jose want him, if he's not going to play him?

With Kane out, we need him to play and hopefully chip in a few goals alongside Sonny. No one else will unless something changes.

I wonder if it's Levy or Jose that doesn't want him to leave? We're crying out for creativity and goals, someone Dele has given us. He's played 74 premier league minutes, he must be fuming about not being able to leave, especially to go to a big team with a coach that loves him.
Been widely reported that Mourinho would be happy with him leaving.

Assuming he stays, hoping when the window closes him and Mourinho can find a way to get him back into the team.

Can understand him not being involved at all recently based on him wanting out and a deal being at least possible. When the window shuts I think he must be given more chances.

Manager sees all in training.
Also I do not think that playing matches means safe.
Dele played a lot last season and we have a better points aggregate this year without him. A case can be made that he isn't performing at a sufficient level.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

“Manager sees all in training “

Fair enough so tell me how Ben Davies gets selected

Absolute pony and an embarrassment

If a manager says I don’t rate x player and I’m not going to play him, a loan bid comes in and the chairman says I still want him to stay in the squad that tells me the chairman doesn’t trust the managers judgement. I can only see Mourinho doubling down on Alli to enforce his view over Levy, so we see basically wasting his wages and 6 months of his career.

Last edited:

A new manager who would put his arm around him and encourage him

Harry anyone?

Has to be Levy.
Has to be...?

If a manager says I don’t rate x player and I’m not going to play him, a loan bid comes in and the chairman says I still want him to stay in the squad that tells me the chairman doesn’t trust the managers judgement. I can only see Mourinho doubling down on Alli to enforce his view over Levy, so we see basically wasting his wages and 6 months of his career.

In fairness, Mourinho should get what he wants if Levy is (indeed) sticking by him. And if Mourinho is not prepared to bridge the gap, then he should've been moved on under those circumstances.

I love Dele. I want him here because for me, he has world class talent and presence. He has, sadly, let himself down IMO over the last 12 months especially, and it does clash with Mourinho's presence. Mourinho is -IMO- absolutely not the only one at fault in this, and Dele has not been doing his ultimate best to force another view from Mourinho...

But I also believe that a coach/manager has to make the very best of the squad they have. All of it. And if that means being flexible in the man management stakes, then that is what needs to happen. For the next few months at least, Mourinho needs to get Dele back onside and in the side, because he, Kane and Sonny are synergetic magicians. And given how much the manager relies on this in attacking positions, it is foolish not to re-engage with Dele, wipe the slate clean until the end of the season and go for it. One of them needs to be a MAN, and with Mourinho actually BEING a full adult male, plus the leader, it is on him!

If he does this, trust me, I will praise him from on high. Loudly.

Back