• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Posted else where, sorry for repeating.

But we had Wanyama, Dembele, Lamlea in the squad that are injury prone

Winks coming back from long term injury and we wouldnt know how long it would take to be back up to speed.

Add Son being away - 7 players late back from the world cup I think it was pretty obvious this would happen at some point.

Rooney in on loan could be useful, certainly would allow Christian to drop deeper and he still would be useful.

Malcolm and hijacking Suarez loan deal as well.

We cant rely on Llorente/Lamela and Moura
First suggestion I've seen of Rooney! I like the thinking outside of the box as he would be properly short term but I think a Poch double training session might kill him...

They are all players which take up positions in our squad regardless and as the other available squad places are filled by other players im not sure what could have been done about it?

Our squad management is pretty poor

Three overseas keepers for a start - There is an extra space for an overseas player there.

How much where we asking for Dembele etc in the summer?

First suggestion I've seen of Rooney! I like the thinking outside of the box as he would be properly short term but I think a Poch double training session might kill him...

It depends on what shape he is in.

He is still capable in the PL - especially in the league games we have - plus it would take us up till March?

They are all players which take up positions in our squad regardless and as the other available squad places are filled by other players im not sure what could have been done about it?
I guess with Wanyama and Dembele both being properly 'out' left us with 3 CMs for 2 places for potentially the whole season- one of whom was Winks who was recovering from a long absence himself, Sissoko who at the time I did not see as a regualr first team player and Dier) It was definitely the weakest area in the summer but I guess we couldn't get anyone in without shifting the wages first but even without the bad luck of losing Dier we were taking a risk. Lamela is a bench warmer at best for me so less of a priority to replace.

Injuries where always going to come at some stage this season due to the players work load and number of games.

Son was always going to be away

Issue we have now is the lack of options means flogging the rest of the squad

That’s what’s bothering me.

The 11 that take the field on Thursday will be ok, but the subs will be limited and we have 4 games in 10 days. Do they seriously expect to come through those games without more damage to the squad.

Our squad management is pretty poor

Three overseas keepers for a start - There is an extra space for an overseas player there.

How much where we asking for Dembele etc in the summer?

Our squad needs an overhaul, especially on the fringes, no arguments there - but until we move players on it's difficult to see where we can fit new players in (Dembeles place in the squad aside)

It depends on what shape he is in.

He is still capable in the PL - especially in the league games we have - plus it would take us up till March?
I don't think it's the worst idea at all, depending how much cash he wanted. Not a very Poch like signing though. I don't follow the Soccerball but are there any other strikers over there who would fit our profile for a short term loan? We did have Becks over training iirc but he couldn't get clearance to play for some reason?

I don't think it's the worst idea at all, depending how much cash he wanted. Not a very Poch like signing though. I don't follow the Soccerball but are there any other strikers over there who would fit our profile for a short term loan? We did have Becks over training iirc but he couldn't get clearance to play for some reason?

I think we have to get our heads away from the ‘Poch style’ stuff. This is desperate times. We’re not talking about a change in his philosophy - we are talking about adding one player as a short term fix due to unforeseen circumstances.

That’s what’s bothering me.

The 11 that take the field on Thursday will be ok, but the subs will be limited and we have 4 games in 10 days. Do they seriously expect to come through those games without more damage to the squad.

We have by the looks of it

Thursday/Sunday/Wed/Sat early KO

Week off

Sat/Tues/Sat

He can play in midfield as well, so he covers 3 (CM, 10, striker) potential positions - mainly from the bench I would imagine.

I think we have to get our heads away from the ‘Poch style’ stuff. This is desperate times. We’re not talking about a change in his philosophy - we are talking about adding one player as a short term fix due to unforeseen circumstances.
I'm predicting It won't happen, not that I think it's a bad idea.

Our squad needs an overhaul, especially on the fringes, no arguments there - but until we move players on it's difficult to see where we can fit new players in (Dembeles place in the squad aside)

Giving Vorm a contract in the summer was a mistake.

But yes, you are correct - hopefully his departure means an incoming target.

More than likely Janssen back in the squad!

So milk cup semi final with out our front 2.

Then a trip to crystal Palace in the FA cup.

Then Watford @ home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine @ home, Leicester @ home.

Borussia Dortmund @ home, Burnley away and Chelsea away.

Eeek and that's only February and the end of Jan.

Have to rotate heavily for Palace and accept that we may have to sacrifice it.

PL top 4, plus a decent CL run and the prospect of a league cup final is plenty to go at, with top 4 absolutely trumping an FA cup run in these circumstances.

Agree with Vorm, it's a clear waste of foreign player squad place - hopefully one of the academy players is ready to be 3rd choice now that Gazzaniga has shown himself an able backup for Lloris.

Probably just frees it so that Foyth can be registered fir the CL.

Janssen back in the squad is unlikely I would say given Poch's recent comments. There's some bad blood there methinks.

Agree with Vorm, it's a clear waste of foreign player squad place - hopefully one of the academy players is ready to be 3rd choice now that Gazzaniga has shown himself an able backup for Lloris.

Probably just frees it so that Foyth can be registered fir the CL.

If not Burnley have 3 English Keepers that would fancy a move, but ideally naming a third choice academy kid is the way forward- how often does the third choice actually play?

He can play in midfield as well, so he covers 3 (CM, 10, striker) potential positions - mainly from the bench I would imagine.
I'm sold! created a thread and poll in transfer rumours, I'll be disappointed not to see this on the back page of a tabloid tomorrow am (well on their teletext account at least..)

Back