• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I read the other day that clubs are resetting their money and a number of clubs have come together to reign in wages going forward, the 150-250k a week wage days might be at an end quicker than they started.

That’s really interesting, where did you read this?

150k a week is the best news for us - shows we are now paying proper money and reaping the rewards of the stadium without waiting to be in. Gives me confidence we’ll get Eriksen done now that we know this is the scale.

150k a week is the best news for us - shows we are now paying proper money and reaping the rewards of the stadium without waiting to be in. Gives me confidence we’ll get Eriksen done now that we know this is the scale.
Yea if that’s true then I’d expect Eriksen to sign a new contract if offered in the same ball park.

I think Eriksen is a big one given his age. He’s probably got one last big contract in him if it’s a 4-5 year one. It could be his last chance to walk out to Madrid or Barca cheaply. If he signs, it’s a massive statement from him and the club. Fingers crossed.

I think Eriksen is a big one given his age. He’s probably got one last big contract in him if it’s a 4-5 year one. It could be his last chance to walk out to Madrid or Barca cheaply. If he signs, it’s a massive statement from him and the club. Fingers crossed.

And to be fair, given his age we might not get it done. But I think we’d offer him 160/170 maybe 180 and that could be good.

This more than anything else though gives me confidence we’re going in the right direction, and once we’re out of this transition period, everything is gonna be ok. Kane’s contract wasn’t just because he is Kane and we felt desperate, it was because there was a new scale. And now we are paying proper money, we’ll be keeping most of our best players and will be able to compete for the right signings. Very happy.

And to be fair, given his age we might not get it done. But I think we’d offer him 160/170 maybe 180 and that could be good.

This more than anything else though gives me confidence we’re going in the right direction, and once we’re out of this transition period, everything is gonna be ok. Kane’s contract wasn’t just because he is Kane and we felt desperate, it was because there was a new scale. And now we are paying proper money, we’ll be keeping most of our best players and will be able to compete for the right signings. Very happy.

Yeah. I think we have a messy 4-5 months ahead. But if we can get into the stadium, contending for top 4 and have Kane, Alli and Poch happy and signed up I think we’ve a good platform.

Eriksen would be the icing on the cake but I could understand if he left. By committing to us though, he’s effectively tying his whole career to Tottenham. Given that he’s not even a local lad, that’d be impressive. If he was to go abroad, I’d be very disappointed but could understand it. If he was to go to say City or United, I’d be very, very unhappy.

Not really. This makes him a lot more expensive to potential suitors. If he really wanted to go, he’d have been better served running down his contract and making some noises that he wasn’t happy.
He doesn't have to be unhappy now. He already had 3 years left but why run that down on 50k a week when you can get double that now and engineer a move anyway later on. He won't be with us until 2024. It's an easy way of appeasing the fans and getting more money now. You honestly think Kane will be here for his contract? Contracts mean jack, just means we can get more money for Dele in 2019 and he gets more money in the interim.

He doesn't have to be unhappy now. He already had 3 years left but why run that down on 50k a week when you can get double that now and engineer a move anyway later on. He won't be with us until 2024. It's an easy way of appeasing the fans and getting more money now. You honestly think Kane will be here for his contract? Contracts mean jack, just means we can get more money for Dele in 2019 and he gets more money in the interim.

Maybe he won't be here until 2024 but it's never about the contract end-date, it's about the 2 years prior to that end date because that is when the pressure on the club ramps up. (Although even that trend has decreased as clubs make more money and aren't forced to sell).

Dele will be here a while. He's improving as a player every season and improving his money almost every season. You don't sign for 6 years because you're about to engineer a move.

Maybe he won't be here until 2024 but it's never about the contract end-date, it's about the 2 years prior to that end date because that is when the pressure on the club ramps up. (Although even that trend has decreased as clubs make more money and aren't forced to sell).

Dele will be here a while. He's improving as a player every season and improving his money almost every season. You don't sign for 6 years because you're about to engineer a move.
I agree it's not about the end date but by your method he will be here until 2022? No chance.

I agree it's not about the end date but by your method he will be here until 2022? No chance.

I think it depends on if he keeps progressing and if a spot opens up at Madrid, Barca or...maybe Juve or Bayern to try and take him away. His competition is all the other players they could sign when they decide they need to make those signings. I don't see many places right now that he can engineer a move away and I don't think he even wants to, otherwise he wouldn't have signed a 6 year deal.

I think it depends on if he keeps progressing and if a spot opens up at Madrid, Barca or...maybe Juve or Bayern to try and take him away. His competition is all the other players they could sign when they decide they need to make those signings. I don't see many places right now that he can engineer a move away and I don't think he even wants to, otherwise he wouldn't have signed a 6 year deal.
Of all the players to give us commitment I would have put Dele down as the last. That's why I'm surprised he's signed. I love him as a player but he seems to be into his profile (boohoo/sponsorship) more than his football and he's already said in interviews if him and Dier don't play together they will still be best mate etc. I just don't think he's in for the long run and why not get a payrise anyway. I could be wrong obviously but players that spurs want to keep may as well sign contracts extensions for more money now and they will still be able to get a move away if they want to later on.

Of all the players to give us commitment I would have put Dele down as the last. That's why I'm surprised he's signed. I love him as a player but he seems to be into his profile (boohoo/sponsorship) more than his football and he's already said in interviews if him and Dier don't play together they will still be best mate etc. I just don't think he's in for the long run and why not get a payrise anyway. I could be wrong obviously but players that spurs want to keep may as well sign contracts extensions for more money now and they will still be able to get a move away if they want to later on.

Why not agitate for a move now then? Why make himself more expensive to other clubs?

Getting the move away requires a space opening up in the first 11 of a club more likely to win things than us in a top league of which there aren't that many. It also requires that club thinking that ahead of all of their other options that Dele is the one they want. It then requires that club valuing Dele highly enough that they will pay the price we demand, which will be higher given the length now remaining on his contract.

A lot of things need to happen for Dele to engineer a move away. I'm not really worried about it happening. More worried that space will be opening up at Real and that they may go for Eriksen. But I think we've got another 2 years after this season of Dele, if not more. It isn't as simple as him deciding he wants to go and then it all just happens - there is a lot of stuff outside of his control that would need to fall into place.

Back