• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I've only really seen him in the Europa League, he looks very fast and athletic. If Poch wants to play a back 3 most of the time, then he'd be a good signing. Towards the end of last season, it looked to me like Wanyama can fulfil the Dembele role in the team, with Dier alongside him. Sanchez could then slot in on the right of the back 3. Dembele rotates in and out of the team, Dier able to play in defence or we go to a back four if we get a few injuries at centre half.

Freeing up Dier with this kind of signing strengthens defence and midfield for us in one hit. Would be a smart move imo.

Plus, he could cover RB at a push. An added bonus.

Go get him Mr L.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-close-35million-move-ajax-10973110

chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be in Amsterdam trying to thrash out a deal for the twice-capped 21-year-old who has made himself one of the most sought-after defenders in Europe.

Daniel Levy does many remarkable things. Thrashing does not appear to be one of them.

race_together_1_43.jpg

Nor has it ever.

Can't see this one being legit - we have no use for a right sided CB...

35m euros for an Ajax defender sounds an awful lot of money though tbh

Is it that time of the year for everyone's favourite quote on GG?

"Relax, Levy's got this..."

35m euros for an Ajax defender sounds an awful lot of money though tbh

Not really, he did play a key role in the best defense in Holland. And sure you could say it is only Holland but then both Toby and Jan were brilliant for Ajax and lets be honest right now if proven players like Jan and Toby came on the market now we would not have a chance of buying either

£30m is the new £15m. It's just the going price at the moment.

I think what @billyiddo is saying is, that although he does look good and has potential, he has only knocked out 30 odd games for ajax and is playing for the team that generally dominates a weak league. So 35/40M euros is a lot considering the supposed finished articles of Walker/Rose are £50M.....so not a great difference but a load more risky.

I disagree (if he maeant it :)) that we don't need a CB/RCB/RB. It is not top of our list of needs but would protect our options regarding Dier and the potential need for a defensive RB against the top 6 teams (if trippier looks weak against these), plus it might help us in the long run regarding Toby's contract situation.

Apparently Ajax have offered him a new contract which would double his wages to EUR 60k in an attempt to keep him.

I had never heard of him either, but then I had also never heard of Dier

difference being Dier cost 2 mill and this lad is going to cost 35 mill

huge price tag = whole different ball game

but this lad looks to have some important tools for the PL. Pace and strength. Good passing from the back too.

Pah! Just buy a new one.

It does show though the difference in wage levels. Even we could afford to top that.

maybe but one of the attractions in buying this lad seems to be that Levy can offer him 50k a week and it would represent a huge rise on his current Ajax contract but still keep him within our wage structure.

if we started offering him 60 or 70 a week then he will be on Dele and Eriksen money, and on more than Rose. Cue dressing room revolt:)

maybe but one of the attractions in buying this lad seems to be that Levy can offer him 50k a week and it would represent a huge rise on his current Ajax contract but still keep him within our wage structure.

if we started offering him 60 or 70 a week then he will be on Dele and Eriksen money, and on more than Rose. Cue dressing room revolt:)

I haven't checked the exchange rate but GBP 50k would still top EUR 60k ?

I haven't checked the exchange rate but GBP 50k would still top EUR 60k ?

i thought it was almost level, but still you know what im trying to say. If it becomes a wage war then Spurs may back off and look elsewhere for someone who will come in at a lower wage level.

Back