• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

We had heavy interest in Martial before he went to Utd didnt we? Given our tendency to hold interest in players over a long period I wouldnt be at all surprised if we still wanted him now.

And from what I can see Utd will do nothing but lose money on him, so it might actually be in their interests to sell.

That said, I dont think either Utd or Mouriho like us at all and wouldnt deal with us if they could help it.

Im not sure Id go that far!

Wanyama is a brick wall, and surprisingly not a bad footballer as well, but Id never see him as offering anything like Dembele on more than an occasional (once in a blue moon) basis.

Dier is much more of a 'footballer' and even he wouldnt really do it either.

The only way Id put them two together would be as @Ade's folks are ok really pointed and we needed an ultra hard to beat set up.

Or, possibly, if we elect to play a total lightweight in front of them.
You have to be careful here. I was with you for most of last season . I thought Dier/wanyama was a big no no.

Then if you watch us v the arse and Man u, it's a real eye opener, Poch has worked his magic and the two of them look invincible.

(plus there is a nice video around of Wanyama being more than just a wall)

Im not sure Id join the dots in the same way. The season before with no Demebele is was Mason coming in. Now its Dier or Winks - alongside Wanyama rather than without him or Dembele.

Wanyama is incredible in a defensive capacity, and as I said surprisingly can play a bit more than people expect, but I still never see him offering anything like what Demebele does to the team.
You do have to be careful with any comparisons to Dembele.

The geezer is unique.

He is.

Though as Ive said when talking about Rose/Davies earlier, I tend to look more at what a player achieves than how they achieve it.

A players role and a players style are completely different things, IMO.

was just checking the stats and it shows that Dembele had a 100% take on rate throughout the whole of last season :eek:
Much as I liked to believe that stat I can't. He must have lost the ball a few times when attempting to go by the opposition, unless I am misunderstanding what a take on means. Maybe it is 99.6% rounded up!!!

Much as I liked to believe that stat I can't. He must have lost the ball a few times when attempting to go by the opposition, unless I am misunderstanding what a take on means. Maybe it is 99.6% rounded up!!!

dunno what i was looking at before but i just re checked and it was closer to 80% :oops:

i dont think medicals are done at Hotspur Way. They are done at a pwoper hospital. Where is Gutter at a time like this, he knows more about these kinds of things

Kristof Terreur knows his sh!t

come on get the talking done, we wanna see D Sanchez, in a Spurs shirt, on the official site, asap

Back