• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe that Levy will shell out €15m on a 31 year old. Never going to happen

I agree with this but he might shell out say 10mil spread out over a few years, and clauses for scoring, CL qualification, proficiency in English, etc.

Villa is an amazing striker but more than that, signing him would show our intent and give the club and supporters a boost also. Levy has my blessing to proceed (which I know he was waiting for).

If theres a chance we can I think it could be a risk very much worth it. Yes its a lot for a 31 yr old but if it ensures CL qualification, that will in itself repay the cost of the move. It's tough because perhaps it's an unnecessary risk if we can scout the right player.

But there is no way of 'ensuring' CL qualification. Clearly if signing him did 100% guarantee it then Levy would do the deal. However with no re-sale value, we'd be spending €15m = £12m fee plus say £80k per week for 3 years so in total about £24m and having no asset to show for it at the end - just not a deal which Levy will do particuarly when we're trying to finance a new stadium

Last edited:
But there is no way of 'ensuring' CL qualification. Clearly if signing him did 100% guarantee it then Levy would do the deal. However with no re-sale value, we'd be spending €15m = £12m fee plus say £80k per week for 3 years so in total about £24m and having no asset to show for it at the end - just not a deal which Levy will do particuarly when we're trying to finance a new stadium

Ecactly. The whole "sign someone to ensure CL qualification" doesn't really make sense. Every team fighting for a CL spot would then just spend £15m to do that and no one would get any closer in reality.

Doesn't sound like Levy at all, but if we can strike a good enough deal with Barca I could see it happen. Won't be until deadline day in that case ;)

If it was £7/8m I'd give it a go. This story just hasn't got much plausibility to it, the only link I can see is the long running lack of strikers issue.

Why is he not a regular for Barca nowadays?.. He was touted as a superstar at the time they signed him and they even announced he was the final piece of the jigsaw... Has he had injuries or have they changed formations etc?

He broke his leg in 2011 (?), wasn't it? Has he been back at his bes since then?

Levy has shown he is willing to do one off deals if it's right for the squad/club at the moment.

Not saying that it will happen(I know fudge all), but could definitely raise the club profile and get a buzz going.

He broke his leg in 2011 (?), wasn't it? Has he been back at his bes since then?
He's looked good when I've seen him, but he has a lot of competition so I think Barca play him less. When news came about that Arsenal were in for him I said we should go for it - if they were serious about it and went through with it, then that would mean we would have to deal with a much strengthened rival and would mean that we probably wouldn't get top four. It's a bit similar to the RVP situation where that goal he scored against City could be worth the transfer alone!

P.S. I would jizz if we got Villa. We can all dream

P.P.S I think we would get a few years out of him. Look at Di Natale (the closest player to Villa that I've seen) who is still scoring for fun at the age of 35. He isn't necessarily rapid, but had great movement off the ball and has good speed over 10-15 yards which is all-important.

Last edited:
A loan until the end of the year would be something I could see Levy being interested in.

And we know this how?

Perhaps a loan to get him back to full fitness for 6 months and prove his form after injuries would be beneficial to Barca if they want to keep him and will also highlight his value if they want to sell him.

He's the kind of player that would fit really well into the Arsenal system too

€15k for a 31 year old just back from a big injury is too much of a risk

Knowing Levy he'll be offering €5k and 1st dibs on Bale if we ever sell him

He's the kind of player that would fit really well into the Arsenal system too

€15k for a 31 year old just back from a big injury is too much of a risk

Knowing Levy he'll be offering €5k and 1st dibs on Bale if we ever sell him

€15k? :p

I wouldn't bet against first dibs for bale already being given to Real..

Arsenal signed two forwards in the summer just gone and can only get Walcott to sign a new deal if they promise to give him a crack in the center as well - that's 3 forwards right there, can't see them being in for Villa.

think a loan with a view to permanent would suit us quite well (should we not manage to get Leandro in)

€15k? :p

I wouldn't bet against first dibs for bale already being given to Real..

Whoops! Yeah maybe i'd take a punt at 15k!!

I don't actually get this Real Madrid 'friendship'. Can see how they would benefit from first dibs players like Bale but what are we supposed to be getting from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back