• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Bowie

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Finally got round to hearing his new song today and video. Im sure we have a music thread but bowie is bigger then music, yes im a fan.

Always thought that most musicans released crap stuff the older they get but i really like his new song, after visiting Berlin last summer i will not for the life of me understand how anyone could love that dump of a city but if it brings him inspiration then im pleased for him.

What are your thoughts on it and do you think people can still be creative as the age?

Last edited:
Enjoyed his movies more than the music

Hunger and The Man Who Fell To Earth were (and still are for me) classics

I'm more of a Suffragette City kinda guy. Heard the new one on the radio a couple of times, doesn't do much for me.

A work of art.

Let's start with HOW he managed to remain silent for nearly a decade and then, one morning, just drop this new track and upcoming album on the world without anyone knowing! Genius. Especially in an age when people know when and where you're taking a brick before you actually do it!

As for the song, excellent. For long-time fans, it basically tells you that since his Berlin hey-dey, he's struggled with finding his place/comfort/relevance in the world but that he has finally figured out that it comes down to the simple pleasures. Thus he's ready to say something. Visconti (long time producer/collaborator) says the rest of the album is a rocker!

No, I agree Chich, a great song from a GENUINE genuine artist.

A work of art.

Let's start with HOW he managed to remain silent for nearly a decade and then, one morning, just drop this new track and upcoming album on the world without anyone knowing! Genius. Especially in an age when people know when and where you're taking a brick before you actually do it!

As for the song, excellent. For long-time fans, it basically tells you that since his Berlin hey-dey, he's struggled with finding his place/comfort/relevance in the world but that he has finally figured out that it comes down to the simple pleasures. Thus he's ready to say something. Visconti (long time producer/collaborator) says the rest of the album is a rocker!

No, I agree Chich, a great song from a GENUINE genuine artist.

Maybe you have to be a certain age steff;) but yeah i loved how he was looking back on his life and was telling a story so different compared to some of the crap my son listens to. Really looking forward to the rest of his new album, a true musican.

A friend who is a real Bowie nut thinks that this song sounds like a left over from the heathen album. Can't comment personally as I'm not that much of a fan.

I do think you get less creative as you get older though. Once you have succeeded surely some of the drive must go?

Although I suspect it's also down to the fact the longer that an artist has been around the more familiar (or 'same-y') their output becomes. It no longer seems 'fresh' or new.

A friend who is a real Bowie nut thinks that this song sounds like a left over from the heathen album. Can't comment personally as I'm not that much of a fan.

I do think you get less creative as you get older though. Once you have succeeded surely some of the drive must go?

Although I suspect it's also down to the fact the longer that an artist has been around the more familiar (or 'same-y') their output becomes. It no longer seems 'fresh' or new.

No no no, nonsense. You can tell them I said that. If ANYTHING it has the air of those Berlin days from the late '70s, there's some great textures in there...yes Chich, I suspect you're right old son, a certain 'vintage' indeed!

Back