• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Beckham Announces Retirement, Lovely Gesture

Re: David Beckham, Lovely Gesture

I know why...

Earn salary in France = Pay tax on worldwide income in France.

25 shots he had in thaat world cup and not a goal, show how he won the lottery at chelsea, got to play the free role in midfield and could have 20 shots a game without people caring, honestly think he is no better then jenas

jenas would have got as many goals for chelsea as lampard and i aint no jenas fan

:ross:

Jenas hasnt the heart or talent to be able to do that. So glad he has finally gone.

As Elyid correctly says, if he's paid a salary in France the French "fisc." can demand income tax on his global earnings and wealth tax on his worldwide estate.
If, however, his company in (UK, Switzerland, BVI, etc.) invoice PSG for his % of image rights then 'well played'
As he'll only be in France for 5 months (and only on French soil for some of that time after nipping back to London to see the mrs.), I doubt there would be a taxable issue as he wouldn't be regarded as French tax resident.
Maybe he'll get a nice ambassadorial position with Emirates and be paid in Dubai (how much tax do they pay out there?)

apparently gets to keep his % of shirt sales, stands to make millions from his stay in paris.

Only thing beckham cares about is his "brand" and money, for years he was one of englands best players and it is this reason why england will never win anything because even our best players only care about money.

What a see you next tuesday.

Nice bloke, but one of the most overrated players of the last 15 years. Despite his GHod like status, he never acheived anything of note with England despite the caps total. He was a part of a team that whatever way you look at it, was either a colossal underachiever or massively overrated. Wouldn't even put him in the top 15-20 all time England greats.

I get sick and tired of the contant love in with the media and fans alike with Becks.

Nice bloke, but one of the most overrated players of the last 15 years. Despite his GHod like status, he never acheived anything of note with England despite the caps total. He was a part of a team that whatever way you look at it, was either a colossal underachiever or massively overrated. Wouldn't even put him in the top 15-20 all time England greats.

I get sick and tired of the contant love in with the media and fans alike with Becks.

You're a nob. The treble? Played for the biggest clubs on earth?

Or do you mean just for England, where he got over 100 caps....

Forget the media for a minute and think about what that means, in pure football terms.

You're a nob. The treble? Played for the biggest clubs on earth?

Or do you mean just for England, where he got over 100 caps....

Forget the media for a minute and think about what that means, in pure football terms.

Why? Because I don't think he's one of the greatest players ever?

For ENGLAND, yes he underachieved, just like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc and yet Becks get off lightly I feel.

Oh, and the 4th best player in that United midfield.

Why? Because I don't think he's one of the greatest players ever?

For ENGLAND, yes he underachieved, just like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc and yet Becks get off lightly I feel.

Oh, and the 4th best player in that United midfield.

Here's a paddle for the 100m backtrack --------D

Here's a paddle for the 100m backtrack --------D

:lol: Amazes me that people get so emotional when talking about him.

Fergie got rid of him because the sideshow that his associated fame created.

Would people honestly say he's an England legend based on the fact that the furthest he got in a tournament was the quarter finals?

:lol: Amazes me that people get so emotional when talking about him.

Fergie got rid of him because the sideshow that his associated fame created.

Would people honestly say he's an England legend based on the fact that the furthest he got in a tournament was the quarter finals?

Is it based on that, or an opinion based on his entire career? By limiting whatever your problem is to his England career you appear to have never watched football in your life. I object to such analysis.

This isn't an emotional thing for me, I don't post much anymore because I don't care for others opinions. But I still like to point out ludicrous failures of logic if I spot them

I love the bloke, I wish him all the best, what a fantastic career

19 trophies, 10 of them League titles, the only English player to win Championships in 4 different countries

Is it based on that, or an opinion based on his entire career? By limiting whatever your problem is to his England career you appear to have never watched football in your life. I object to such analysis.

This isn't an emotional thing for me, I don't post much anymore because I don't care for others opinions. But I still like to point out ludicrous failures of logic if I spot them

Failure of logic? It's an opinion, just like yours. Was he a very good player? Yes. Was he world class? In my opinion No. Overrated doesnt always mean crap, it just means overrated.

You can't knock his dedication to England, but I'm looking at his performances in the big games in the latter stages of tournaments and I don't think he did anything to stand out from the rest of our players.

Back