• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daryl Janmaat

If true probably means that Naughton is on his way out?

Would probably be pretty close to breaking even on that as £5m-ish seems reasonable for Naughton I would guess.

Anyone know anything about Janmaat? In the World Cup squad and has 15 caps, but looking at the Dutch defenders in there that's not a massive compliment.

On paper Walker is exactly Poch's kind of FB.

Disagree.

Defensively he's Poch's kind of full back yeah. He has the energy to get back to defend after being high up the pitch. He has extreme pace and power to defend one on one and his positioning has improved a lot. Pace to cover centrally when the pressing doesn't work out too. Not afraid to get very close to his man, important sometimes when pressing I think.

On the ball he's not though. Southampton had a lot of possession last season, I think full backs should be involved in that and Walker's passing still leaves a bit to be desired. He also wants full backs to provide width when the wide players roam inside, Walker does get up and down the flank a lot, and he has the pace to be a threat, but his final ball lets him down more often than not.

Walker generally has the most touches of the ball of all our players when he plays. He's comfortable with it, just a very **** crosser.

I thought all the talk was that Janmaat was off to Utd

Walker generally has the most touches of the ball of all our players when he plays. He's comfortable with it, just a very **** crosser.

The fact that he tops those stats is more a sign of weakness in others for me, but I get your point.

He's improved on the ball since coming back, but I still think there are too many poor touches and misplaced passes. Perhaps I'm being too harsh.

The fact that he tops those stats is more a sign of weakness in others for me, but I get your point.

He's improved on the ball since coming back, but I still think there are too many poor touches and misplaced passes. Perhaps I'm being too harsh.

Yep.

Back