• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

So just to add, I would not boo him but him going to the papers about this is a low move. It is very rare for any player to do this and undoubtedly will disrupt the harmoney in the changing room literally 3 days before our first game. Poch will be absolutely seething as will Levy.

The fallout will be interesting, will the club comment on it today? The press conference later will only be about this.....

FFS Danny

I think poch has already commented, players will only be sold if we want them to be.

Actually, it's probably a lot like that. Now it is in the public eye for fans to see it's near impossible for him to stay at the club. Wouldnt surprise me if his agent or United told him to do this interview.
Sorry but I don't see how it's impossible to stay at all. He hasn't even said he wants to leave....

I think poch has already commented, players will only be sold if we want them to be.

I cannot see the club allowing Rose to leave this summer but I think that his cards are marked for next summer. Maybe that is what they had in mind.

He knows how it is and is not looking for the club to change its transfer policy. As you say, we would not have been able to compete for the signings that would have improved our team, this summer, if we had wanted to. His agent is trying to engineer a move.

It'll morph to that, I think it started as misguided attempt at a pay rise, maybe he even sees himself as a deputation for the squad.

Difference here betweeen Walker and Rose is that Walker was told he would be sold

Rose hasn't yet....

I actually think this is a combination of the injury, his age and his agent. This is exactly where agents are poison in football. Cannot argue one bit that their there for their clients interests but working underhand with other clubs without agreement is simply wrong.

The more I think about it the more I believe this is Rose seeing himself out of the club.
He knows Poch will likely wash his hands of him after this.

His agent has got in his ear (much like Walker's) and basically instructed him to sabotage himself.
Good riddance I'd say.

Now a hot topic of discussion for fans on opposing teams forums.........interview had the desired effect if it was to push agenda of all not being well and attempt to destabilise the club to outsiders.If the fans are talking about it then the other clubs will be too and wondering just who they can attempt to unsettle

Rose may be negotiating a new contract, hence the interview. The new contact may have been a way to fend of interest from united. But Rose can't help himself, unintentionally, he runs his mouth off and undermines the the manger, the club and the team. At 27 he's at his prime physically, but he will look back and regret talking his mind. Sure he's 'calling it as he sees it' and he's frank and open....you learn as you get into your 30s that's not always the best move!

Unintentionally Rose may have undermined his position. Its too late to sell him this season. But he's injured and it's clear he's off, probably next season. If he goes now, we get a fit Shaw plus cash and a focused unified team...

That's what Danny didn't understand, talking his mind in an open interview undermines the team ethic Poch values and works for.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think Davies did really well last part of the season, but we massively miss the pace and tenacity that Rose give us.
We'd obviously miss him if he was sold but we have to get someone with pace to replace him.
Think it sends the wrong message to the rest of the team if we did sell him.

Because in the end it wont work, there is no honor in football and its a job for these players. If you could earn double somewhere else you would jump at it.

Doing it the right way doesnt earn you extra points, gradually these great players will leave the club and they wont be replaced like for like or better as we dont pay the wages.

We might be waiting for the right players, but we wont get them as they will know someone else will pay more.

Call it Pathetic if you want but we will be taken apart piece by piece, and thats the disappointing part.

I am with you Steff, the problem however is that football is full of NEW fans who want everything NOW and are not prepared to do it the right way. I have said it before but i truely HATE football and todays game and if it was not for my LOVE of Spurs i would pack it in for good.

I hate the money involved, i hate the press and all their lackys, but most of all i hate the NEW fans who are always crying about the way we do things, they are the ones who want it and they want it now and if they do not get it start wailing and crying and stamping their feet. I care about my club and as i say i always will but we have got a lot of fans who just are never happy and i can only think they get a buzz out of moaning, bitching, crying about the way out club is run.

RANT OVER.

I am with you Steff, the problem however is that football is full of NEW fans who want everything NOW and are not prepared to do it the right way. I have said it before but i truely HATE football and todays game and if it was not for my LOVE of Spurs i would pack it in for good.

I hate the money involved, i hate the press and all their lackys, but most of all i hate the NEW fans who are always crying about the way we do things, they are the ones who want it and they want it now and if they do not get it start wailing and crying and stamping their feet. I care about my club and as i say i always will but we have got a lot of fans who just are never happy and i can only think they get a buzz out of moaning, bitching, crying about the way out club is run.

RANT OVER.

It's not a generational thing, there are plenty of older fans who want instant success and think that we should be matching Chelsea and City's spending

Back