• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I don't like him, I don't hate him.
He is our best LB and propably one of the best in the league. I hope that he will stop doing stupid mistakes and continue to contribute in our style of playing.

Left scratching my head there...

What has he done for the ambivalence? He's more Spurs than some of the more celebrated imports and if he has had a flaw in the past is that he wore his heart, and his passion, on his sleeve.

How do you reconcile your admission that he is one of the best LB's in the league then say he makes stupid mistakes?

Nothing personal but you (and many others) seem to give the impression that any acknowledgement of Rose's massive improvement can only be given through gritted teeth.

Good interview with Broadway Danny about the irie vibes at the club, about tomorrow's match and the top four push, and about possible call ups for England or Jamaica....

The Spurs defender tips Tottenham to be a great team of the future - because of the special friendships currently being forged at White Hart Lane.

He said: "There is a camaraderie, a bond and it's one of the best feelings I have ever had, playing with people who have been fighting for a chance."

He reels off Harry Kane, Andros Townsend, Ryan Mason and then tells the tale of how before every game his great pal Nabil Bentaleb wraps are arm around him and says, 'If you are ever in trouble, I will be there to help'.

Rose, 24, said: "I have never had from people I have played with before. It is one of the best feelings and it is the same throughout the team.

"The manager is willing to trust in the youth. I have known and played with these guys for seven or eight years now and it is the best feeling that they are all getting the praise they deserve."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/430759/Tottenham-Danny-Rose-great-team

so have to say, feel for Rose that Walker & Townsend got the call and not him.

especially in a season where Baines and Shaw aren't exactly lighting the world on fire

Danny actually had deserved to be included. Yes, he has his faults, but I love his passion, his pace and that he always gives his best - even if it sometimes isnt top notch. Have done very well this season imo, hopefully he will be even better for years to come. Then RH can't overlook him anymore.

Criminal that Hodgson has taken a couple of left backs who haven't had great seasons nor played that much.

Pretty standard at an international level to not just pick players on current form. If you did you'd end up with 10-15 changes between every squad and it would be even more difficult to develop any kind of a cohesive unit.

Pretty standard at an international level to not just pick players on current form. If you did you'd end up with 10-15 changes between every squad and it would be even more difficult to develop any kind of a cohesive unit.

You mean pretty standard in England to pick a name player who hasn't been in form for years, but plays for Sky 4

I agree with the idea (as you presented it), but the reality is LB is an open position for England with Cashley's career winding down, Baines has been poor for more than a season and Luke Shaw has no more right to the position (even last year) vs. Rose.

Quite a criminal overlook if you ask me (and I never was a big Rose fan)

Hodgson. Just the same as every other England Manager. Picks on name and not form.

For for the position is Cresswell and Rose. Name for the position is Shaw and Baines.

so no real surprises. If I was Rose I would go play for Jamaica. you would have thought they would pick him just to tye him to England.

You mean pretty standard in England to pick a name player who hasn't been in form for years, but plays for Sky 4

I agree with the idea (as you presented it), but the reality is LB is an open position for England with Cashley's career winding down, Baines has been poor for more than a season and Luke Shaw has no more right to the position (even last year) vs. Rose.

Quite a criminal overlook if you ask me (and I never was a big Rose fan)

Not just England. Fairly common most places. It's about building a team over time, making drastic changes to the squad all of the time will not help that.

Look at Germany. Do you think Low picked Klose, Mertsacker, Podolski and Khedira on form last summer?

It's the same story most places most of the time. Some player is in a good run of form and "overlooked" - cue the outrage, 6 months later it's someone else. A year later the original player usually isn't even considered by the fans.

The solution for Rose is quite simple. He's had 3/4 of a season now with good improvement. He's solidified a starting position for us under considerable competition. If he keeps playing well he'll most likely get his chance, if he keeps improving he'll definitely get his chance.

I woukldn't worry coz i'm sure Danny Rose will eventually be a regular for England as he has great pace , just needs to improve on the final ball IMO.

Back